Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hobbies

+9
karlypants
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Chairmanda
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:09

boltonbonce wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Other than that it's just finding music, I like all genres but mainly based around Hip Hop and growing my vinyl collection.
I've been surprised at the steady rise in the numbers of people collecting vinyl.

All mine disappeared years ago. How does the vinyl/CD sound compare '74.

Vinyl's better I think but there's not much in it, mainly down to how good your speakers are I find! 

I started collecting because of the artwork and I didn't like the idea of all my music being on a computer. Between pinching what's left of my dad's collection and going to markets round here I'm doing alright, quite enjoy the crate digging!

22hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm the same digging about in second hand bookshops. I've got to be dragged out.

23hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I collect hip-hop CDs from the late 80's to early 90's. I have a room full of them, over 4000 at last count. I spend hours surfing the net looking for rare gems.

I also play tennis and squash.

would love to see some of your collection Nat, thats when hip-hop was at its peak, i had loads on tape from the time and have been buying them on CD as a replacement for the last few years but having got even a fraction of what you have.

Whats the rarest CD you have Nat and what's your favourite?

24hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:17

Literally just bought the Murakami 1Q84 series off Ebay (http://www.amazon.co.uk/1Q84-Books-1-2-3/dp/0099578077) you read them Bonce?

25hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my main hobby is going to gigs and discovering new music. I also try and play the Bass guitar but i'm no expert

I was never a fan of vinyl even in the 80's as they were always scratched so i have boxes full of tapes in my loft gathering dust. I do still buy CD's as i'm paranoid i could lose all my itunes music, at least i could reload most of it if needed.

26hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Literally just bought the Murakami 1Q84 series off Ebay (http://www.amazon.co.uk/1Q84-Books-1-2-3/dp/0099578077) you read them Bonce?
New to me '74. Will investigate. Always open to new stuff. Cheers.

27hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Whats the rarest CD you have Nat and what's your favourite?

I have the full Rap-a-Lot Records catalogue from their first album release to their last one of the 1990's. Includes early albums from the likes of The Terrorists, Willie D, OG Style, Royal Flush and the Convicts. You'd be lucky to pay less than £100 for a genuine 1st press copy for any of those.

I probably have stacks of CDs worth more than that, but as they hardly ever come up for sale it's hard to know what they are worth. I recently paid about £75 for a Big Duna CD album, I notice one has just gone up for sale on eBay.com for around £600 so hopefully that was a good investment.

But mostly I just buy job lots from eBay or car boot sales. Nine times out of 10 they're full of crap, but sometimes you can strike lucky. I once paid £10 for a job lot of around 80 CDs, most were worth upwards of £20 each.

Having said all that, 95% of my collection is worth next to nothing, I just enjoy the music.

A favourite album is difficult, despite my collection being full of underground stuff very few people have heard of, it's a more commercial album that I find myself going back to time and time again - Ice T's "Original Gangster". It's not just the music, it reminds me of a great time in my life.

28hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i used to love groups like EPMD, Gang Starr, KRS One,  Jungle Brothers, Tribe called Quest, Eric B and Rakim, NWA and then Ice Cube's solo stuff to name a few. Not heard of some of those you mentioned Nat to be honest  Embarassed

29hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watching footy 
Playing footy
Getting ripped
Getting drunk
Fighting off women

30hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 15:28

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Boring stuff like listening to music, reading and going for walks. I also enjoy good food and wine and visiting parts of the world with interesting history and/or scenery. You would never guess I am an OAP would you?

31hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 18:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to play a lot of squash when I was younger but now my only hobby, apart from watching Wanderers is playing darts. I also enjoy reading and watching boxsets but I don't play computer games like Xbox or Playstation..
I tried golf once but found it to be hard work. I would like to take up fishing but I simply don't have the time.

32hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Thu Sep 24 2015, 19:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Playing futsal.
Watching football.
Boxing.
Talking shit.

33hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Tue Feb 06 2018, 14:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I need this thread to come back to life.
With time on my hands,and no Brucie to stalk,I'm up for something new.
Any (lawful) ideas?

34hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Tue Feb 06 2018, 14:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could make a Brucie shrine with all the memorabilia, newspaper cuttings etc you have of him? Very Happy

35hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Tue Feb 06 2018, 14:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:You could make a Brucie shrine with all the memorabilia, newspaper cuttings etc you have of him? Very Happy
Already got one. It contains a life size model of the great man,made from orange pips.

36hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Tue Feb 06 2018, 14:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Train set layout, model kits ?  It worked for me, (still does, but not so often)

37hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Tue Feb 06 2018, 15:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Train set layout, model kits ?  It worked for me, (still does, but not so often)
The bloke I used to work with is potty about model trains. And buses.
When I left,he presented me with a model Bolton bus (No 80 to Hulton Lane).
It's the thought that counts,so it's sitting on my desk.

38hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Tue Feb 06 2018, 15:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now we're talking.......

39hobbies - Page 2 Empty Re: hobbies Tue Feb 06 2018, 18:45

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dogging...... on your bike