Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Euro 2012 Thread

+10
Sluffy
chipbutty
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
largehat
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Euro 2012 Thread Empty Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 15:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the championship round the corner might be nice to have a thread on it in this section?

Breaking news is that our former star, Gary Cahill will miss the tournament with a broken jaw.

sad news for him. Sad

2Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 15:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sorry to hear that, but at least he can spend some time at home with his Champions League Winners medal.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 15:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sad news about Cahill. Although I suspect he might end up avoiding being associated with a terrible team performance.

4Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 15:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If yesterday is anything to go by then surely they will struggle against France.

That said, what usually happens in the tournaments is they'll get a fantastic 4-0 victory against France - The press will declare them favourites. They'll limp to a woeful draw against Sweden who will hit the post 8 times. They'll need a point to qualify against Ukraine, they get it.

They limp out in the quarters to Portugal or Italy or someone shite, the SIR ROY headlines from the France victory a distant memory as he's declared the muppet with the mocha - a reference to the drink he's holding as they get spanked.

5Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 15:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Gutted for Cahill but it could be a blessing in disguise for him not being made a scape goat for what I think will be our worst Euros in many years.....not that we ever have great ones.

I predict we will finish 3rd in the group with 2points.

6Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 16:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ah what a surprise another Liverpool player drafted in, Martin kelly this time.

7Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 16:12

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Apparently Micah Richards turned down the chance to be on standby. I imagine he is regretting that a bit now.

8Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cahill is toss, England will be better with Lescott.

Hodgson wasn't the right choice and his teams will be boring and defensive, but we still have a chance of doing well. England are actually in good form if you look at results, but a lot of Europe's big teams are struggling, Italy for example haven't scored for three games.

9Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 19:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What's sad about Cahill is the challenge itself. OK, it wasn't filthy and if the offender had known it would end one player's tournament he might have thought twice, but the audacity of it is awful.

Feel sorry for Cahill but he'll get other opportunities and I don't think he's a massive miss for England.

10Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 03 2012, 23:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

largehat wrote:Apparently Micah Richards turned down the chance to be on standby. I imagine he is regretting that a bit now.

If that's true he then him and any other tosser who has turned down England should be fucking shot.

I'm not exactly excited about England anymore but to turn down the chance for playing for your country is unacceptable IMO.

11Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 08:45

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Who are people tipping to win the Euros? Has there ever been a more open tournament than this? Spain are looking very unconvincing at the moment. Italy are awful. Germany don't have the best of defences or strikers. Holland have a poor defence. Portugal are a one man team. England are crap.
I have £100 on France to win the Euros at 12.5 on betfair. I think they have an excellent squad. A front 3 of Benzema, Nasri and Ribery looks dangerous.
Come on France!

12Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 10:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
Come on France!

Have you got any spare suitcases as I need one for you.

13Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 12:06

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, I hope France beat England 5-0. I hope England lose every match and are disgraced.

I am supporting France and Portugal. I wish I was French or Portuguese.

And buy your own suitcase, they aren't cheap you know.

14Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 12:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Nat, I hope France beat England 5-0. I hope England lose every match and are disgraced.

I am supporting France and Portugal. I wish I was French or Portuguese.

And buy your own suitcase, they aren't cheap you know.

You're English and you want France to win? Very strange.

15Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 12:08

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You don't have to support your own country do you? I have had many nice holidays in France, I really like France.

16Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 12:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:You don't have to support your own country do you? I have had many nice holidays in France, I really like France.

Not very patriotic is it though Michael?

17Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 12:13

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, the England players don't give a shit about playing for England - remember Rooney mouthing off about the fans in the world cup? None of them care so why should I?
I stand to win big money if France win the Euros so of course I will be cheering for them.

18Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 12:15

Michael Bolton wrote:Nat, the England players don't give a shit about playing for England - remember Rooney mouthing off about the fans in the world cup? None of them care so why should I?
I stand to win big money if France win the Euros so of course I will be cheering for them.

michael, the french players are every bit as annoying as the english players. remember their world cup disgraces in 2010? you have to back your home team surely?

19Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 12:18

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jayne - I know its unusual but I just don't care at all about the English national team. I hope they all get pick pocketed.

20Euro 2012 Thread Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 04 2012, 13:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had also tipped France when i saw them embarrass England at Wembley not that long ago.

Not sure they will win it though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum