Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Euro 2012 Thread

+10
Sluffy
chipbutty
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
largehat
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Thu Jun 14 2012, 12:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nobody was quite sure whether it was a strop of he just went off to make the sub quicker, he just walked off the pitch instead of going over to the bench and walked round the pitch.

Personally it looked like a strop as he just took his shirt off on the way to the bench and sat about 2 foot away from the other players.

62Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Thu Jun 14 2012, 13:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Robben had a definite strop - to be fair he shouldn't have even started. I was watching it with dutchie friends in my usual bar (they actually had it on Ned1 instead of either BBC or ITV). But why didn't Vd Vaart start, or Huntelaar, and why wasn't Kuyt not brought on sooner. Dutchie friends have been saying for a while that the National manager has been losing the plot for a while and it sure does seem that way. Even De Jong's sister was saying that her brother shouldn't even have been playing last night as he was dire in the first game and was just the same last night!

63Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Fri Jun 15 2012, 11:09

bwfc71 wrote:Even De Jong's sister was saying that her brother shouldn't even have been playing last night as he was dire in the first game and was just the same last night!

You really are a bullshitting bastard. Not only did De Jong's sister happen to be in the same bar as you, not only did she happen to speak to you, but she was in there slagging off her brother! You couldn't make it up. Oh wait, you just did.

64Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Fri Jun 15 2012, 11:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In fact she used to work at the bar, so she knows plenty of people that were there for the game.

And yes she did slag him off - even she knows he deserves it sometimes, and she will have told him after the game as well.

65Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Fri Jun 15 2012, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So there's a few in the media building up the Sweden game as a bit of a grudge match. Well we haven't beaten them in the last 7 competitions so we are due a win tbf. Carroll to start? It'll be a typical English style game. Still don't get all the fuss about Oxlade - C - he never actually delivers anything. Did a lot of running around, standing on the ball, falling over and fouling people when he lost it last game and all the pundits said he was brilliant. Just can't see why.

Close game. A draw IMO unless Carroll comes good - which I have a funny feeling that he might before this comp is over for England.

66Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sat Jun 16 2012, 21:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jesus, bad night for my bets - can't believe Greece and Czech Republic went through. It is a shame the hosts are out, I always think the tournament needs the hosts to go far to keep the tournament's excitement and atmosphere up. Couldn't believe how poor Poland were, they just let Czech Rep pass the ball about between the defence and keeper throughout the game, it was bizarre given that they needed to win. And Russia going out was a real shock, I thought they were a cert to make the knock out stages.

At least that's the shit group out of the way.

67Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Jesus, bad night for my bets - can't believe Greece and Czech Republic went through. It is a shame the hosts are out, I always think the tournament needs the hosts to go far to keep the tournament's excitement and atmosphere up. Couldn't believe how poor Poland were, they just let Czech Rep pass the ball about between the defence and keeper throughout the game, it was bizarre given that they needed to win. And Russia going out was a real shock, I thought they were a cert to make the knock out stages.

At least that's the shit group out of the way.

Russia were truly awful, it makes you realise England aren't that bad. We won't win the competition, but there are countries in a worse state than us in terms of their national team.

68Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Russia looked so good in their first game and just went downhill after that. It's still a shock though, especially to the thousands of nationalist thugs that kicked off in Poland after they'd won their first game.

At least supporting England, we'll have no problem when we crash and burn - which could well happen against Ukraine if we don't play to the top of our game. If Woy starts with Rooney and Welbeck (I suspect he might) there'll be a different dynamic and it could go either way. As mentioned before the Sweden game, I have a feeling Carroll could come good in this tournament, but it won't happen if he doesn't get game time.

As for the Greeks, they're at it again and probably can't believe their luck. I think they are likely to get Germany in the QFs - but even that's not a done deal with their luck. I will certainly be rooting for the Greeks in the QFs.

69Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Poland are an odd outfit, if they had taken the chances they had got in each game they would easily be sitting top of the group but for some reason couldn't do a full 90minutes.

70Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Russia didn't have their shooting boots on.

they had (i think) over 30 shots against Greece but only had 2 on target?!

no team will win that way, clearly they created bags of chances but couldn't put them away.

I'm glad Greece went through, Karagounis was absolutely superb, talk about a leader, he's an inspiration.

71Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 17 2012, 21:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have nothing to say except

RONALDO - TOO GOOD.

72Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed, I'd rather have Ronaldo than Messi at Bolton.

73Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:07

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have to be honest and say I love Portugal. I am supporting them in these Euros. I wish I was a Portuguese national. They play Czech Republic in the quarter finals, that should be a straight forward passage into the semis. Get in there.

74Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I have to be honest and say I love Portugal. I am supporting them in these Euros. I wish I was a Portuguese national.

I remember you trying to get in the y-fronts of Paulo Duarte when this site first started just because he was from Portugal.

You should support England you bad man.

75Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 18 2012, 12:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:Agreed, I'd rather have Ronaldo than Messi at Bolton.

Typical bolton fan, rather have a big target man who is like Davies than a skillful player. Very Happy

76Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 18 2012, 12:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Typical bolton fan, rather have a big target man who is like Davies than a skillful player. Very Happy

Messi is too lightweight for the Championship.

77Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 18 2012, 12:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You joke but although there's no proof i suspect Ronaldo's game would be more suited to the premier league.

78Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 18 2012, 20:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As things stand, Italy top their group on 5 points, despite Spain also having 5 points and a far better goal difference.

Can anybody explain this to me?

Thanks.

79Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 18 2012, 20:36

doffcocker wrote:As things stand, Italy top their group on 5 points, despite Spain also having 5 points and a far better goal difference.

Can anybody explain this to me?

Thanks.

Something to do with results over other teams, but I don't get it either as Italy haven't won a game yet.

80Euro 2012 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Euro 2012 Thread Mon Jun 18 2012, 20:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is absolutely crackers.

As it stands...

P GD Points
1 Spain 3 4 5
2 Italy 3 1 5
3 Croatia 3 2 5
4 Ireland 3 -7 0

Italy and Croatia drew with one another, both drew with Spain and both (assuming it stays this way) beat Ireland, only Croatia beat Ireland by a greater margin and it is them that go home. Judging from Gary Lineker's explanation, I think even he is puzzled.

Last edited by doffcocker on Mon Jun 18 2012, 20:52; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum