Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I will turn this around, promises Neil Lennon

+5
DecoBWFC
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon has defended his position as manager of Bolton Wanderers, insisting he will lead the club away from trouble this season.

The Northern Irishman is coming under increased fire from Whites fans after taking just one win in the opening 11 games, leaving the club bottom of the Championship.

Saturday’s 2-0 defeat against Burnley was another bitter pill to swallow and led to questions about Lennon’s future at the Macron Stadium.

But the manager says he will not walk away from the job he took just over 12 months ago.

“We are bottom of the league and I expect to be answering questions like that,” he told The Bolton News.

“I don’t feel under pressure. I don’t feel under pressure from upstairs but I put pressure on myself.

“You know my background and you know it hurts me more than anything else in life but no-one is more determined to turn things round and I believe I will.”

Asked whether he would be putting more pressure on club owner Eddie Davies and chairman Phil Gartside to release money for signings, Lennon admits the situation has become a frustrating one.

“I have been saying that for a long time,” he fumed. “It’s difficult to spend money when it isn’t there.

“It’s difficult that other clubs don’t want to let their players go and maybe we need to push the boat out a bit more, I don’t know.

“I don’t know. I think we’ve halved the wage bill so I think there should be some money about to improve what we have.

“We need to freshen up but there are a lot of other clubs in the same boat. We need to work through it.”

Wanderers have won just seven of 36 games in all competitions this year, with financial problems biting hard on Lennon’s ability to shape his squad with quality players.

But while his pride has been dented by the poor start to the current campaign, he backs himself to win the battle long-term.

“I am alright,” he said. “I didn’t realise quite how tough it was going to be but I have got faith in my own ability and I believe we’ll turn things around. It’s alright saying that, I have got to do it.

“Forget my reputation, my employment is based on results and they haven’t been good. I am aware of that. I am not buoyed but I am pleased with what I have seen (at Burnley).

“Two home wins from the games coming up, or four points, would change the landscape but we have to start getting results away from home.”

Source

I've said all along that I reckon Gartside was less than straight with Lennon regarding money when he joined us and judging by his comments in that piece, it looks like it's starting to dawn on him that he's been had.

I think the best we can hope for now is that when he does finally snap, he chins Gartside.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally I reckon Lennon would be bleating from the rooftops if he felt Gartside had mislead him about the financial side of things.

I think it's just the usual story of a cocky manager who thought it would be easy.

To be honest with you, I agree with Nat on that Lennon strikes me as the type who'd be wanting to get that sort of information out in the open as quickly as possible. I do wonder if he thought a takeover was imminent though.

You're both wrong - sorry.

He's not daft and he can't prove anything so if he came out and said "You know what? That bastard Gartside lied to me and told me I'd have loads of cash to spend here but it turns out he's full of shit and there's no money" any prospective future employer would look at the fact that we're bottom of the table and say "Yeah, right Neil....course he did".

All he can do by bleating is damage his reputation and make it look like he's just making excuses.

He's better off doing what he's doing now - making veiled comments which allude to the fact that he's been mislead without actually coming out and saying it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You're both wrong - sorry

That wouldn't stand up in a court of law.

That's why I included the compelling argument underneath it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was an argument. it was just absurd assumptions based on fook all.

Breadman wrote:You're both wrong - sorry.

He's not daft and he can't prove anything so if he came out and said "You know what? That bastard Gartside lied to me and told me I'd have loads of cash to spend here but it turns out he's full of shit and there's no money" any prospective future employer would look at the fact that we're bottom of the table and say "Yeah, right Neil....course he did".

All he can do by bleating is damage his reputation and make it look like he's just making excuses.

He's better off doing what he's doing now - making veiled comments which allude to the fact that he's been mislead without actually coming out and saying it.

I think his comments are vague enough to be interpreted in a few ways to be fair, so you could be right but for now I don't think there's enough to go on.

When Freedman failed to get money he was promised from the N'gog move that became pretty common knowledge, we haven't had anything as concrete from Lennon (yet).

Boggersbelief wrote:It was an argument. it was just absurd assumptions based on fook all.

Post that again but this time try and include the missing words you forgot to type last time.

That way, it may make sense.

(Even if it is wrong.)

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:It was an argument. it was just absurd assumptions based on fook all.

Post that again but this time try and include the missing words you forgot to type last time.

(Even if it is wrong.)

Don't know what you're talking about you mental case

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Lennon thought he had a better squad than he thought, maybe he has, but most of all he underestimated the Chsmpionship it seems.

Boggersbelief wrote:
Breadman wrote:

(Even if it is wrong.)

Why's Boggers reverted to his one line keyboard warrior character?

DecoBWFC

David Ngog
David Ngog

Always thought it was a mad appointment with lennon...
To be fair the squad isnt great, even Wheater turned round after QPR saying "we hate playing well and coming away with nothing, we'd rather play bad and win"
What hope has lennon really got???

Need a manager who really cares about the club, who has a bit of istory with us

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DecoBWFC wrote:Always thought it was a mad appointment with lennon...
To be fair the squad isnt great, even Wheater turned round after QPR saying "we hate playing well and coming away with nothing, we'd rather play bad and win"

Phil Brown?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Davies.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Breadman wrote:

(Even if it is wrong.)

Why's Boggers reverted to his one line keyboard warrior character?

I don't have an online persona, I'm not sad

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DecoBWFC wrote:Always thought it was a mad appointment with lennon...

What a load of bollocks, nothing wrong with wheaters comment, it's a results business

Just by posting on here you have an online persona.

:facepalm:

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You really are thick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum