Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salford City on the tellybox.

+7
Mr Magoo
wanderlust
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
Bolton Nuts
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:04

Ok, elephant in the room time.

I know we're all supposed to hate Utd and everything connected to the club but I'm going to stick my neck out and say I watched both parts of the BBC's recent documentary about the Class of 92 buying Salford and I enjoyed it hugely.

It was fascinating viewing and provided a real insight into non-league football.

And here's another stick to beat me with - One thing that came across strongly was how switched on and generally intelligent the Nevilles, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs obviously are.

(Apart from organising a "thank you" piss up two days before a vital game which almost cost them promotion.)

They're on the box again tonight against Notts County in the FA Cup and you know what........?

I might just be rooting for them.

2Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What was it you said to Scott about supporting city?

3Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:16

Different scenario on several levels, but I take your point.

I apologise for telling Scott to do one with all his "I love MCFC" bollocks.

4Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For the record I caught a bit of the documentary and it was quite good.

5Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:28

Download it and watch it all.

It's well worth it.

6Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find this very troublesome.

Just thinking about anything concerning 'them' causes me to take the Catweazle option,and crawl into a barrel.
Salford City on the tellybox. IbqnQIjAKPKZJP

7Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:44

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I will watch this. Did you see the goal in the last round?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

8Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:46

Biggie wrote:I will watch this. Did you see the goal in the last round?

Yeah, saw it at lunchtime today on the news.

Quality finish from distance.

Gary Madine's going to do that tomorrow to complete his hat-trick.

9Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not bad.

10Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 14:49

Commentary scripted and added in the edit by any chance, do we think...?  Very Happy

11Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 15:11

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What annoys me most about this Salford City thing is that the team's colours used to be orange and black until these dickheads took over and what's the first thing they do - change the shirts to red of course.

There's already one set of Manure wannabes with this FC United bollocks - will these people not give up until the entire football league is populated by clones from the theatre of arseholes.

I'll be watching because I want to see if one of my work colleagues succeeds in his plan to get in over the fence because he couldn't get a ticket.

12Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 15:41

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just found this article about it - seems a lot of people weren't too happy about the lack of respect shown to their club's identity and history.

http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=2248

13Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 16:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope Notts County smash them 8-0.

They are releted to Manure, up the blues.

14Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 16:12

"Saaalford!.....Saaalford......Saaaalford!"

Come on you, Ammies!

15Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 16:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Closet red.

16Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 16:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Phil Gary Gary Paul Paul, how intelligent are you all, so so intelligent ,can I touch your hair, please please.

17Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 16:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoyed the documentary, especially the bit when Gary Neville decided to move the catering hut to a caravan at the other side of the pitch and then, realising that the woman who ran it had been doing it for 26 years (and presumably also realising it was a crap idea) back-pedalled for England. Of the players involved, GN does come across as being dictatorial in the Fergie style and it was interesting to see that Nicky Butt has kept well out of it despite being an equal shareholder. There's another episode to come isn't there?

18Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 17:34

Not as far as I'm aware, no.

Part 2 of 2 last night.

19Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 18:28

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The documentary was a great watch, I also hope they win.

20Salford City on the tellybox. Empty Re: Salford City on the tellybox. Fri Nov 06 2015, 18:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched the second episode and really enjoyed it.  I'd like the to win too.  Everyone loves an underdog victory

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum