Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super John has his say on Gartside

+9
Norpig
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
finlaymcdanger
Hipster_Nebula
observer
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Super John has his say on Gartside Mon Nov 09 2015, 23:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not had chance to listen myself yet, but super John slates Gartside.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers for the link, just finished listening to it now.

At least we now know what the "extenuating circumstances" which have prevented Gartside making a statement recently are now: He's been a bit poorly.

Aw, poor Phil........hope he picks up soon.

Also interesting to hear Iles say that he's had "people within the club" asking him what's going on - That can't be good.

And we discovered that the press team at Bolton are "young and inexperienced" - Work experience kids from St Joseph's......? Certainly fits our budget.

Also interesting to hear John McGinlay say that Gartside has obviously "underperformed for a long time" and then go on to allude to the fact that there is some truth in the rumour that it's Gartside's potential pay-off that's blocking a takeover - No Christmas card from Phil this year, Johnny boy....

It was a bit disappointing that we didn't get more clarification on the debt situation though in terms of how much has Moonshift actually put in over the years, ie have they physically given BWFC £178 million or is the actual total of money leant far less and and the £178 million includes several seasons' worth of amortisation which skews things.

And the question of FFP never really came up, either.

The entire discussion kept coming back to our only real solution being new owners coming in and handing over a wad of cash to improve the playing staff - I though you couldn't do that anymore?

An interesting listen though, cheers BTID.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listened to it late last night. Didn't ease me into a restful slumber. Far from it.

Thanks for posting it BTID. Nice one.

We can't expect ED to write off £180 million worth of debt though, can we?

No football club owner in his right mind would even consider doing that, would he?

Oh wait.....hang on:

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:We can't expect ED to write off £180 million worth of debt though, can we?

No football club owner in his right mind would even consider doing that, would he?

Oh wait.....hang on:

The true question is what Ed and his company put into the club... what part of the total is interest... and what portion is real money - money put in and actual losses over the years. There are also deferred wages, agents fees, under-the-table payments (quiet about that one).  With tax advantages and a good accountant in Gartside, the entire number of £180 million could be made up of a myriad of all of those.  If Eddie or his family want out, the options are selling the club for whatever someone wishes to pay in cash or stock;  taking the same with years of payouts;  going into administration and taking the loss.  Obviously for the family, they will try and take the most cash in one fell swoop.  For the buyer, you want the club clean of debt, clean of obligations (Gartside demands or future work), and a secure hold of staying in the Championship, with an eye for spending for the chance to get back to the top tier. 

BTW - despite ED's health problems, there was one report that I read that said he attended the match this past week.  For whatever the reason for trying to sell, the main concern should be to avoid relegation this season or the value diminishes.  So, I for one, would expect some decent loan signings in January to achieve that result.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not a particularly revealing listen, just more of the same and more of what we already know.

nothing is going to change any time soon and the club is going down in all senses of the word.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anything like this helps put Gartside under pressure to make a statement. We need to be careful what we wish for though. As mentioned in the interview, Gartside is quick to show his face when its good news but quick to disappear when the chips are down. Unfortunately, I fear that if he is forced to face the media any time soon, the message will not be what we want to hear.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

people leaving the club like rats from a sinking ship has already started.....

The IT Director, David Atkinson, left 2 weeks ago and is not being replaced - honestly don't know why he joined Bolton when he is an Everton fan!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

The IT Director, David Atkinson, left 2 weeks ago and is not being replaced - honestly don't know why he joined Bolton when he is an Everton fan!

You idiot.

Some people work for McDonalds but prefer Burger King.

Some people work for Ann Summers but prefer dogging in Wellington boots.

10Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You idiot.

I'm an idiot?

He was my source at the club, as most of my sources, when I did release the information, was far more accurate than your called source!

11Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:22

My source this. My sauce that. My mole says this. My dad can have your dad

12Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You idiot.

Is it this one? I'll get down there tomorrow. Very Happy
Boots The Chemist

Mantle Street
Wellington
Somerset

13Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

I'm an idiot?

He was my source at the club, as most of my sources, when I did release the information, was far more accurate than your called source!

I think you missed the point of my post.

Idiot!

14Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:32

My source tells me Blackburn have sacked Bowyer.

Fact - ITK!

(My source is 5Live and it's just been on the radio.)

15Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:My source this. My sauce that. My mole says this. My dad can have your dad
Still got your sweat sauce on your mind? Very Happy

16Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:My source tells me Blackburn have sacked Bowyer.

Fact - ITK!

Nothing on Radio 4 about it.

17Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just seen it on the BBC football page, it's true. With all the other Championship managers being sacked this season it's amazing that Lennon is actually still here.

18Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:

Fact - ITK!

He's gone, see here:

19Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 19:40

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:My source this. My sauce that. My mole says this. My dad can have your dad
Still got your sweat sauce on your mind? Very Happy

Slightly deliberate that time kp. To show those willy wavers that their vain attempt to appear in the know is is as laughable as my speeling

20Super John has his say on Gartside Empty Re: Super John has his say on Gartside Tue Nov 10 2015, 20:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Fact - ITK!

He's gone, see here:

Didn't even mention it after The Archers.(Another case for PC Harrison Burns).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum