Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon may be forced into loans rethink

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lennon may be forced into loans rethink Empty Lennon may be forced into loans rethink Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:34 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon may have to rethink his plans for loan reinforcements at Wanderers before the end of the international break.

The Whites boss had been hoping to add to his squad before Saturday's goalless home draw against Bristol City with Wolves winger Rajiv van la Parra and Liverpool's Joao Teixeira both believed to be on his radar.

He was unable to do business in time and now sources in the Black Country have confirmed an injury to Dutch wide man Van la Parra may have scuppered any deal.

Wolves were assessing the knee injury at the weekend, which has delayed any move away for the out-of-favour forward.

And while he is surplus to requirements at present, Kenny Jackett may block a move if another winger, Jordan Graham, returns to Oxford United on loan again.

Meanwhile, Teixeira, who impressed last season on loan at Brighton, is believed to be the target for a host of Championship clubs should new Anfield boss Jurgen Klopp allow him to leave on loan, meaning Wanderers would face competition for his signature.

Lennon has the international break to assess his options but has confirmed enquiries have been made and funds are available as he looks to add a spark to his goal-shy Whites.

The Northern Irishman said: "We have made enquiries but the club decided to keep him for this weekend.

"That opportunity might come up again. We have made enquiries about another player as well.

"There is money for 93-day loans, then we will have to look again in January.

"But we need a bump up in terms of creativity because we are lacking someone who can break the lines and find the quality of pass."

Lennon may be looking to add new faces but while his team stretched their winless run to 10 games at the weekend, he says the effort of those players he already has cannot be questioned.

He said: "The players left everything on the pitch and that's all I can ask of them.

"When we missed the penalty we didn't go under and I liked that.

"They actually went the other way and really roused themselves up and played with great intensity.

"But it does sap your energy and mental strength when you are not winning games when you are on top.

"If we play as well as we did in the second half, we will be absolutely fine.

"My job is to consolidate this club in the Championship.

"There are 30 games to go and I feel very confident we can do that."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum