Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Holdsworth quits Brentwood Town

+15
FullofSprite
Bwfc1958
JAH
carl baxter
observer
wanderlust
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
karlypants
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holdsworth is a wanker

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not a betting man but I'm putting everything in my Speedos pocket on this not happening. It's been planted to deflect the attention from Gartside and the Bolton News are in on it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

who else is going to be involved with this, surely Holdsworth is just the front man? (let hope he makes a better job of it than when he was our front man  Very Happy)

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this the rascal?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah, that's the one.

I couldn't find anything (nor could Manning) then some bloke in South Africa on LoV found it and posted a link.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Is this the rascal?

'we make money... make money'

Heh!

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Simple... if they buy out Eddie for 30 million and wipe out the debts, spend some and get us to the first tier in 2 years, they will reap a fortune for their investors. 

Long term, probably not so good for us.  Short term, looks great.

Of course what happens when you have to spend to stay up (and we will struggle if we go up).  I guess avoiding relegation in tier one is certainly better than the drop from tier two.

carl baxter

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Dean frigging holds worth. I still get nightmares thinking about that miss against villa.

http://www.cheshirechristmastrees.com

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

And here's why we all love him! Come home Dean if you can find us like you could find the back of the net!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:And here's why we all love him! Come home Dean if you can find us like you could find the back of the net!

That's one miss that always sticks in my mind.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holdsworth was a very good player for BWFC. Scored some important goals, gave 100% on the pitch despite limited ability (current crop should take note), and was vital in the dressing room according to Fat Sam.

He doesn't look good in speedos though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hilarious that anyone thinks this pauper could make a difference to us.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Hilarious that anyone thinks this pauper could make a difference to us.

I'm no expert but I don't think he'll actually be raiding his post office account and putting his own money in.

Just a hunch, but I don't think it works like that in business.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Hilarious that anyone thinks this pauper could make a difference to us.
If it's true, he's apparently fronting a consortium and acting as business consultant to a company that's hoping to buy it. In other words, just what bread said.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

I'm no expert but I don't think he'll actually be raiding his post office account and putting his own money in.

Yes. The influence of dean holdsworth as a broker will no doubt have the worlds richest men and women knocking our door down.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Yes. The influence of dean holdsworth as a broker will no doubt have the worlds richest men and women knocking our door down.

You've made a fool of yourself on this thread Hipster, clearly business is not your strong point.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You've made a fool of yourself on this thread Hipster, clearly business is not your strong point.

I was going to rip Hipster a new a-hole with that comment but thought I would leave it to others instead. Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Breadman wrote:

The financial situation could not be much worse than it is at the moment, if this consortium are serious then they much be looking for an ROI, they'll never get that if we go down to League 1.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Simple... if they buy out Eddie for 30 million and wipe out the debts, spend some and get us to the first tier in 2 years, they will reap a fortune for their investors. 
This is the crux of the matter. If they are seeking investors (perhaps with a medium term view to a flotation?) there may be some reticence to invest heavily at the beginning - which is what we need.

Putting aside what ED needs to exit, there are still bank debts and other loans secured against the assets so VCs would be more inclined to be cautious about repaying them and that means we would carry a lot of interest payments - although that wouldn't bother them too much as they can always cash out (assuming we did reach a point of stability) The question is how much would be available to spend on the playing staff?

On top of EDs exit fee and cashflow, we'd need more than £20 million to get promoted - possibly more (say £50m to £70m in total) and it's difficult to see how a VC company could raise that, especially with our diminutive growth potential and shrinking fanbase.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but a whole string of investors have passed on us before - including Neil Lennon's Irish consortium - so a huge change in circumstances is required. Slashing the wage bill by £30 million per year has helped and ED seems willing to take an even bigger loss than previously so it isn't impossible.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:
This is the crux of the matter. If they are seeking investors (perhaps with a medium term view to a flotation?) there may be some reticence to invest heavily at the beginning - which is what we need.

Putting aside what ED needs to exit, there are still bank debts and other loans secured against the assets so VCs would be more inclined to be cautious about repaying them and that means we would carry a lot of interest payments - although that wouldn't bother them too much as they can always cash out (assuming we did reach a point of stability) The question is how much would be available to spend on the playing staff?

On top of EDs exit fee and cashflow, we'd need more than £20 million to get promoted - possibly more (say £50m to £70m in total) and it's difficult to see how a VC company could raise that, especially with our diminutive growth potential and shrinking fanbase.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but a whole string of investors have passed on us before - including Neil Lennon's Irish consortium - so a huge change in circumstances is required. Slashing the wage bill by £30 million per year has helped and ED seems willing to take an even bigger loss than previously so it isn't impossible.
The other big factor is the longer ED sits with the franchise, the lower the valuation will be... especially if we get relegated.  Hence, then asset stripping becomes the only viable solution for him.  He would probably make more by either selling now, or investing in a striker to keep us up for another season.  With all of NL's enthusiasm, we won't stay up unless we can score some goals.  There may not be three teams who will finish under us despite the clean sheets.  Had he invested one million in ALF, we would be in a much better position now. How many can games can we go with Heskey, Dobbie, Madine and Amoebi missing the finish?  We have thrown away quite a few points... the difference of being mid to lower table and near bottom.  Of course, one player can make the difference as we have escaped before with Dawson or Juke or ALF.  Let's hope we don't get to asset stripping.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum