Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Bolton Wanderers are rubbish and how I wish I'd never heard of them.

+15
rammywhite
xmiles
Jack Russell
karlypants
okocha
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
wanderlust
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Norpig
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had to put up with some shite, got into a few fights, have spent a fortune and wasted entire weekends over the years but I don't mind because it's a tribal thing and part of my identity. Sure the rewards are few but I think that enjoying and appreciating good footie - even if it's the other side that are playing it - is compensation of some sorts. Never been a glory hunter and the teams I follow in other countries tend to be equally shite - Stirling Albion being a prime example.
When we have good players, sound tactics and it all comes together is more of a bonus than an expectation for me - which under the circumstances is perhaps as well.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with Bonce on this. Over 50 years  of agony and ecstasy. I'm not Bolton born, (mid Wales actually), and I stopped living in in Deane, in 1963, but followed them ever since, no matter where I was/am.
Like it or not, I'm stuck with them, and they are a part of my life, and I'm glad of it, (mostly) Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I'm with Bonce on this. Over 50 years  of agony and ecstasy. I'm not Bolton born, (mid Wales actually), and I stopped living in in Deane, in 1963, but followed them ever since, no matter where I was/am.
Like it or not, I'm stuck with them, and they are a part of my life, and I'm glad of it, (mostly) Very Happy

I've reinstated your death threat. I dislike the welsh

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Rioch era was enough to convince me that it's all been worth it.

Re-watch the first 30 seconds of the video in your David Lee article, close your eyes, and remember how many times you saw him do that with Super John rising like a kipper at the back post to nod them in.

Worth every minute.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

For the first time in my life, I have begun to dread match days. A sense of doom inevitably overwhelms any hope within minutes of the start of each game. I watch through laced fingers.

Yet, can I change my allegiance?   Not a chance. I am destined to suffer. It's the hope that kills.

I've even begun to wonder who I would support if the very worst happened and we ceased to exist.....and I can't think of any other team I could bear to follow....not even Chorley....

If bolton ceased to exist id sack football off altogether.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:If bolton ceased to exist id sack football off altogether.  
I would probably be the same TBH.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'd find it hard not going to watch a match after all these years so i'd probably follow a non league team nearby but it wouldn't feel the same thats for sure. Lets hope we never have to find out.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

NickFazer wrote:I was around 12 or 13 when my best mate at school badgered me to go to the match at Burnden Park, I had no interest in football at the time and only went to shut him up. The year would be 1977, the year before we went up as champions and I was hooked, that rat bastard stopped going when we got relegated from Div 1 as it was at the time and I was stuck with a life long addiction, cheers mate.
Yeah and it was you who persuaded me to start going in November 1985 you fazer faced bastard !!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'd find it hard not going to watch a match after all these years so i'd probably follow a non league team nearby but it wouldn't feel the same thats for sure. Lets hope we never have to find out.
We we're founded  141 years ago so there is no doubt in my mind that the club wouldn't go in that respect.

If we went bust etc then I feel we would end up doing a Leeds and even Portsmouth have survived even with the amount of shit they have been through.

Weren't we one of the early clubs that went pro or is that incorrect?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jack Russell wrote:
NickFazer wrote:I was around 12 or 13 when my best mate at school badgered me to go to the match at Burnden Park, I had no interest in football at the time and only went to shut him up. The year would be 1977, the year before we went up as champions and I was hooked, that rat bastard stopped going when we got relegated from Div 1 as it was at the time and I was stuck with a life long addiction, cheers mate.
Yeah and it was you who persuaded me to start going in November 1985 you fazer faced bastard !!
Laughing

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Shocked  Very Happy

Haha. I remember that 2-0 home win v Donnie Rovers. Phil Neal's Super White Army.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The experience of being a Bolton fan was brilliantly captured in this episode of Ripping Yarns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:I've had to put up with some shite, got into a few fights, have spent a fortune and wasted entire weekends over the years but I don't mind because it's a tribal thing and part of my identity. Sure the rewards are few but I think that enjoying and appreciating good footie - even if it's the other side that are playing it - is compensation of some sorts. Never been a glory hunter and the teams I follow in other countries tend to be equally shite - Stirling Albion being a prime example.
When we have good players, sound tactics and it all comes together is more of a bonus than an expectation for me - which under the circumstances is perhaps as well.

Interesting post Lusty!
I was born in Stirling and have a house there. I'm up there this week and on Saturday I'll be watching the Albion play Cumbernauld Colts in the Cup game. And I'll enjoy it as much as I enjoy watching the less-than-superwhites. But I'm coming back south on Monday for the Brentford game. On reflection that's quite sad- but as others have said ,it's in your DNA and much as you'd like to shrug it off, it's impossible. It's a  tribal thing- and BWFC are my tribe.

To be honest I still like going to the Macron as there can be sublime joy that comes from pain.
I love a good moan with hundreds of others in the East Stand Upper- the same geriatric no-marks that have sat near me since the stadium opened.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I've had to put up with some shite, got into a few fights, have spent a fortune and wasted entire weekends over the years but I don't mind because it's a tribal thing and part of my identity. Sure the rewards are few but I think that enjoying and appreciating good footie - even if it's the other side that are playing it - is compensation of some sorts. Never been a glory hunter and the teams I follow in other countries tend to be equally shite - Stirling Albion being a prime example.

Interesting post Lusty!
I was born in Stirling and have a house there. I'm up there this week and on Saturday I'll be watching the Albion play Cumbernauld Colts in the Cup game. And I'll enjoy it as much as I enjoy watching the less-than-superwhites. But I'm coming back south on Monday for the Brentford game. On reflection that's quite sad- but as others have said ,it's in your DNA and much as you'd like to shrug it off, it's impossible. It's a  tribal thing- and BWFC are my tribe.

To be honest I still like going to the Macron as there can be sublime joy that comes from pain.
I love a good moan with hundreds of others in the East Stand Upper- the same geriatric no-marks that have sat near me since the stadium opened.
Big love to the Binos!

Good to know I'm not the only one with a masochistic streak on Saturdays.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's more than likely that all this takeover talk will end in tears so I've been having a mooch round to find another club to support when it all finally goes tits up.

Up to now I fancy St Cuthbert Wanderers FC, mainly because I like the look of their badge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

St Cuthbert Wanderers are one of the oldest clubs in the South of Scotland League. The club was formed in 1879 by several members of the congregation of St Cuthbert's Catholic Church in the High Street, Kirkcudbright.
Prior to going to church one Sunday morning in 1879, around seven or eight male members of the congregation talked about forming a football club.

Unlike our present shower of shit their players look like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Does anyone else have another team lined up to support when BWFC ceases to be?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got a soft spot for Whitby Town, and Hibs up in Scotland,so I'd probably follow one or both of them.

Bath City springs to mind for some reason

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Bath City springs to mind for some reason
Isn't that a bathroom superstore?

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Bath City springs to mind for some reason
Isn't that a bathroom superstore?

No. Is my new second team. I've heard the chairperson is the best in football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum