Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much would David Lee be worth nowadays?

+5
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Norpig
Mr Magoo
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

After having watched our friends up in the hills play out a (frankly drab) draw against Brighton earlier and now watching Spurs against West Ham, one thing about modern wingers that I have thought for a while is now glaringly apparent to me:

Modern wingers may be quick but they can't cross a ball properly.

None of 'em.

Watch this and pay particular attention to the midget in the No 4 shirt with the balding mullet:

How much would he be worth in today's money?

More than our entire current first team squad I reckon.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

40 mil

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he stills looks like he could play 90 minutes even now and he would be a hundred times better than Feeney

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loved David Lee.

In a manly way,of course.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's like watch Vardy these days. Pace to burn and still able to produce at the end of it.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Absolutely love watching that game. David Lee tore them to shreds with ease. I can't think of one single winger in the modern game who could put in a performance like that on the wing. If he'd had his shooting boots on he would have had a hat trick as well. They couldn't get anywhere near him. I would say Liam Feeney should watch that game on a loop and learn a thing or two but he has nowhere near the kind of quality required to pull it off.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Lee was an average winger in 1992. If he was at his peak today he would be playing for Real Madrid.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Whilst he was outstanding at Anfield, clearly his best game for us, he was usually frustrating by hitting the first defender with his crosses!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Whilst he was outstanding at Anfield, clearly his best game for us, he was usually frustrating by hitting the first defender with his crosses!
 you could say the same about practically every winger. The ones i remember who were very frustrating were Chandler, Storer, Green, Michael Brown to name a few who have wound me up over the years

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Peter Thompson was the best winger I've seen at Bolton, and he was supposedly passed it when he joined us.
OLE!!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

While we are on about this what about Lee on the left, Beckham on the right? He can still cross.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:
Barryjw wrote:Whilst he was outstanding at Anfield, clearly his best game for us, he was usually frustrating by hitting the first defender with his crosses!
 you could say the same about practically every winger. The ones i remember who were very frustrating were Chandler, Storer, Green, Michael Brown to name a few who have wound me up over the years
Agree entirely, but the thread is about David Lee

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good coach but I think he's lost a bit of pace over the years. Seeing as he works for us already, we'd probably be able to get him on a free. Sign him up Lennon!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum