Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems at my old club make me realise how lucky I am at Kilmarnock, says captain Mark Connolly

+7
Sluffy
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I remember him Megson paid a million for him and never got anywhere near the team. 

Apparently he had a 'great eye for a player though Meggo'.

Its precisely because of this kind of piss poor buy that we are in the shit we are currently in - how many 'ones for the future' have we signed never to be heard of again - total mismanagement from of the club from top to bottom.
It's more a problem of managers not giving youngsters a chance IMO. 
Connolly wasn't a world beater but he was a quality solid defender - something we could have done with - and he's still young.
But successive Bolton managers have been obsessed with instant gratification and buying "names" which has both cost us a fortune and failed to develop and nurture the young talent we've had over the years.

He is an international and already captain of a Scottish Premiership team so diss him at your leisure, but if our managers had backed the youngsters like Connolly and Dzemaili we wouldn't have these financial problems and would have a better team than we have now.

IMO.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree with lusty, players like this were brought in and then left to rot in the reserves or sent out on loan then let go for nothing far too many times. I can't help wondering how much money we lost doing that.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure Connolly is any better than what we have currently, he's hardly set the world alight

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck him.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why pay a million for a prospect and never give him a chance? Maybe he'd have set the world alight if he was given a chance to do so - like Dzemaili - but we'll never know now. We've had loads of good prospects - even Vaz Te came good when he was backed (sadly not by us). I just don't see the point of having a youth set up if it's going to cost loads of money and they are never given the chance.

wanderlust wrote:Why pay a million for a prospect and never give him a chance? Maybe he'd have set the world alight if he was given a chance to do so - like Dzemaili - but we'll never know now. We've had loads of good prospects - even Vaz Te came good when he was backed (sadly not by us). I just don't see the point of having a youth set up if it's going to cost loads of money and they are never given the chance.

Could it possibly be to do with the fact that the entire club has been run by a bunch of fucking idiots for years?

And they were all far too cosy with a select group of retained agents and were too busy lining their own pockets as they brought in a succession of over-valued, under-skilled no marks instead of developing young players from within?

Just a thought.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Connolly was a decent young player and I'm surprised you guys don't remember him more readily, if at all. I was disappointed that he was let go, and for free at that - being a 23 year old captain is pretty good.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum