Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could the future of BWFC lie in the hands of the players?

+7
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Chairmanda
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:the thing is, if we continue on the path we are we won't have the current crop come january and will have to rely on the kids.
I would imagine that some of the kids would be the top targets so we might not even have them.

A 20 year old Kaiyne Woolery or Max Clayton would surely be a more attractive proposition than a past it striker.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

don't worry we still have Tom Eaves  Laughing

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think we all need to be aware that if the players don't get paid for November AND December then they ALL become free agents, even the under 23's and we won't be entitled to a fee for any of them if they leave including the kids. Basically we are in deep mire and I would not now be surprised if we enter admin before christmas as a means of preventing all our players being free to go elsewhere for nothing, not even a tribunal fee. While they are obviously our biggest single liability in financial terms the ones under contract are also assets, no matter how little they might be worth in our eyes and no potential buyer will want a club that has zero professional players left.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I think we all need to be aware that if the players don't get paid for November AND December then they ALL become free agents, even the under 23's and we won't be entitled to a fee for any of them if they leave including the kids. Basically we are in deep mire and I would not now be surprised if we enter admin before christmas as a means of preventing all our players being free to go elsewhere for nothing, not even a tribunal fee. While they are obviously our biggest single liability in financial terms the ones under contract are also assets, no matter how little they might be worth in our eyes and no potential buyer will want a club that has zero professional players left.
The kids were paid for November so this couldn't happen until after January payment due. Only the senior players weren't paid.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I think we all need to be aware that if the players don't get paid for November AND December then they ALL become free agents, even the under 23's and we won't be entitled to a fee for any of them if they leave including the kids. Basically we are in deep mire and I would not now be surprised if we enter admin before christmas as a means of preventing all our players being free to go elsewhere for nothing, not even a tribunal fee. While they are obviously our biggest single liability in financial terms the ones under contract are also assets, no matter how little they might be worth in our eyes and no potential buyer will want a club that has zero professional players left.
The kids were paid for November so this couldn't happen until after January payment due. Only the senior players weren't paid.
OK lusty, thanks for that. But I think you'll agree that since we downgraded the academy the net value of all the kids is next to nothing now and that losing the contracted professionals as free agents would be a huge and possibly final nail in the coffin. Does anyone know if the players have been paid yet? Has any further comment been issued because I couldn't find one on the club site.

All of the players walking out at the end of December is very, very, very worst case scenario. Other clubs have been in this position before, whilst it's horrendously bad it hasn't come to the club going bust - except in the case of Rangers as far as I'm aware.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Breadman wrote:We owe the tax man a "serious sum of money" according to Gordon Taylor.

That's it - we are fucked.
Shall we start kickstarter fund Smile

Didn't we try that to fund the ALF transfer, pretty sure we raised less than 40 quid.

Leeds fans would have raised millions by now.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Breadman wrote:We owe the tax man a "serious sum of money" according to Gordon Taylor.

That's it - we are fucked.
Shall we start kickstarter fund Smile

Didn't we try that to fund the ALF transfer, pretty sure we raised less than 40 quid.

Now to reel it in

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

There is truth to what you say. But you always use Leeds as your example. Why don't you fook off and not support them instead.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:The future of the club does indeed lie with the players Johnny but not in the way you mean.

The biggest single running cost of the club is their wages - something will have to be done about this before we move on.

They either have to collectively accept a massive reduction in them or leave the club - it's as simple as that really.

If they don't want to take a reduction, then the club can't afford to pay them, it goes into Administration and the Administrator try's to move them on to another club and if failing that end their contracts with us.

If they do take a massive reduction the club can be sold and possibly the new owners will ultimately make up their loss in earnings at a later date.

The ball is in their court.

(Knowing our lot they will more likely blast it miles over the bar from 30 yards and call everyone a fucking prick!)
To be fair a lot has been done on wages in the summer anyway - from what Lennon has told us.

However, I question not telling Lennon what the real financial situation was and why we brought in Madine, Pissano etc and resigned Darren Pratley if we had no money. However, club has buried it's head in the sand for ages. This could and should have been addressed in the summer

Chris Hughton must have felt he'd dodged a bullet along with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

There is truth to what you say. But you always use Leeds as your example. Why don't you fook off and not support them instead.

:clap:

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Ladies lets not fall out (lol)

FullofSprite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Hipsters a bloke. Although i did make the same mistake at first too. Karlypants and chairmanda are the only real females.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Karlypants and chairmanda are the only real females.

Truce over you bastard.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Karlypants and chairmanda are the only real females.

Truce over you bastard.

Sorry. I apologise reservedly. Of course i meant you as well. Will a twirl patch things up between us?

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

whats a twirl patch? Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Will it still be steak pie at the Lifeline do in January?
Will the band be on or will DJ PK have a free practice session?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Hipsters a bloke.  Although i did make the same mistake at first too.  Karlypants and chairmanda are the only real females.
And why are you bringing me into this? you bitch.  :cop:

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Hipsters a bloke.  Although i did make the same mistake at first too.  Karlypants and chairmanda are the only real females.

Pay back for being a fattist

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Pay back for being a fattist
Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum