Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Were School Days Best Of Our Life?

+13
wanderlust
rammywhite
Hip Priest
Soul Kitchen
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
Bwfc1958
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
karlypants
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For the first time in many years I went back to the LLG (Little Lever Ghetto). Walking among the burning cars and discarded mattresses brought back many happy memories of my childhood.

When we're kids we think adulthood is going to be so much better, but don't you think the truth is that you are never happier than in your school days.

No mortgage, no kids, no money worries, no boring job, and change from 50p for a Pepsi and a Twirl. I'd give anything to go back to those simpler days.

Do you miss your school days? Would you go back given the chance?

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Fri 3 Jul - 18:01; edited 1 time in total

Primary was ok. My first secondary school was awful. Second one i would go back in a heart beat.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes. Although some might say I've never really left childhood behind.
They really were the happiest days of my life.
Smells can certainly bring back memories. I looked through my 'Legend of Desperate Dan' book last week,and sniffing the pages took me back to the 9 year old me,up in the loft,torch in one hand,jam butties in the other,getting ready for a long shift reading my 'Beezer Annual'.
I'd go back in a shot.
You'd be amazed at what went on in our loft.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:Yes. Although some might say I've never really left childhood behind.
Smells can certainly bring back memories. I looked through my 'Legend of Desperate Dan' book last week,and sniffing the pages took me back to the 9 year old me,up in the loft,torch in one hand,jam butties in the other,getting ready for a long shift reading my 'Beezer Annual'.
I'd go back in a shot.

They had all that in a workhouse.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Yes. Although some might say I've never really left childhood behind.
I'd go back in a shot.
Have you got a loft conversion or do you do the balancing thing on the beams and hope you don't fall through the ceiling into one of the rooms below? Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dark and gloomy up there it was. At first we took candles up,but nearly succeeded in burning the house down. You'd have been proud of me KP.
We hauled the dog up once,but couldn't get him down.Dad went berserk when he got home.
In the end we lowered him down in a cricket bag. The dog,not Dad.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

School was pretty shit, had some good times but the ARMY was the best days for me.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Primary was ok. My first secondary school was awful. Second one i would go back in a heart beat.

Same here, Hated my first Secondary School it was full of Bullies, not the kids, the Bastard teachers.

Think it's left a mark on me in that I have a deep mistrust of Authority.

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Thu 3 Dec - 18:46; edited 1 time in total

Banks of the Croal wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Primary was ok. My first secondary school was awful. Second one i would go back in a heart beat.

Same here, Hated my first Secondary School it was full of Bullies, not the kids, the Bastard teachers.

Think it's left a mark on me in that I have deep a mistrust of Authority.

:agree:

That was my problem at the first one but it was both

For once (and much as it pains me to do it) I'm in full agreement with La Whittam.

My school days were the happiest of my life.

It's not that I'm unhappy now - I wouldn't change a thing but I'd go back to 1974 and do it all again in a heartbeat.

Did anybody else go to Church Rd County Primary in the 70's?

Fantastic school.

I mean, we had lessons in Moss Bank Park in the summer - how good's that?

St brendans in harwood for primary
Thornleigh and then st james for secondary

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Primary school for me was brilliant. St Josephs on Shepherd cross Street in halliwell and then on to thornleigh in Astley Bridge for secondary. Although I didn't think so at the time, they were definitely the best days of my life. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chasing girls was the only thing at school that interested me.
I had loads on the go.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

scottjames30 wrote:Chasing girls was the only thing at school that interested me.
I had loads on the go.
Maybe they were running away from you for a reason.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Chasing girls was the only thing at school that interested me.
I had loads on the go.
Same here Scott.

Although I had the advantage of attending Cheltenham Ladies College.

They only cottoned on when my stubble came through.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My school wasn't that bad. Most schools are either full of one kind or another.

We had quite a nice ratio of posh twats, to scrotes, to the rest of us.

Set me up perfectly for real life really because it means I can strike a rapport with decent folk like Chairmanda, as well as riff-raff like Whittam.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you go to Smithills Doffy?

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I was suspended all the bloody time.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.

finlaymcdanger wrote:No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.

I'll be honest, the only football team that I ever felt physically intimidated by was your lot.

It was like playing against a young offenders institution.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum