Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton get winding up petition from HMRC!

+12
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
Norpig
Boggersbelief
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Sounds worse than it is.

Have you been sniffing Evostik?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Nothing's really changed though, has it?

The hearing's scheduled for the 18th of Jan, so nowt's going to happen before then.

Other than the bank possibly freezing the club's account and there's cock all in there anyway.

This was always going to happen in my honest opinion because I've suspected ED was playing the aforementioned game of brinksmanship all along and everybody involved in the takeover talks would have been expecting this.

Hence why the talks have been dragging on - why would a potential new owner stump up this £10 million that ED's been demanding if they knew this was coming?

I wouldn't. I'd just sit on my hands and say "There's the bid - take it or leave it."

ED's fucked up a bit here because as Lusty says, by inviting HMRC to take this action through not paying the tax bill, he's played right into the potential new owners' hands.

Just my initial thoughts and I may well be wrong, as usual.

As far as I understand these things, ED or Amir Khan or anybody who gives a monkey's could pay the wages and the tax at any time before the court hearing and it will just go away.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Well I might end up with egg on my face here but I can't believe anyone really does believe there is a deal to be reached in selling the club!

I would think for a start that HMRC just didn't serve a Winding Up petition just because the club missed paying the players wages last month - I would strongly suspect they've been in talks with the club for sometime prior to that regarding paying the taxman his dues - it wouldn't surprise me if they had previously missed payment deadlines to them and this latest default was one too much.

I also can't believe anybody would take on the club as it is - it is just not financially viable to pay its way.  Anybody remotely interesting in buying it now is only there for one reason - to asset strip.  It makes far, far more sense for anyone seriously wanting to buy the club as a going concern to buy it out of Administration.

Any deal to be done will be via Administration and a CVA.

It's not rocket science.

I really have been trying but, I'm sorry, I can't hold it in. 

Don't talk shit

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:You don't make it easy do you! Very Happy
 how do i do it myself KP?  Laughing
I was meaning that I hadn't a clue where you got the the text from so had to google to find the webpage. Very Happy

If you copy the text to notepad, it removes all formatting so when you copy it into your post from notepad, you can then use the formatting tools here.

Hope that helps. Smile

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a feeling one or two numpties get off on trying to see the worst in anything bwfc related.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm gutted! I'll have to stop in the pub Satdy afternoon.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:I have a feeling one or two numpties get off on trying to see the worst in anything bwfc related.

Would you like to guess and name who those people are?

What has my life become. I'm arguing with a bury fan on twitter. A bury fan who follows Gary Barlow. I'm finding a bridge and jumping off it. Early retirement. Sorry

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Well I might end up with egg on my face here but I can't believe anyone really does believe there is a deal to be reached in selling the club!

I would think for a start that HMRC just didn't serve a Winding Up petition just because the club missed paying the players wages last month - I would strongly suspect they've been in talks with the club for sometime prior to that regarding paying the taxman his dues - it wouldn't surprise me if they had previously missed payment deadlines to them and this latest default was one too much.

I also can't believe anybody would take on the club as it is - it is just not financially viable to pay its way.  Anybody remotely interesting in buying it now is only there for one reason - to asset strip.  It makes far, far more sense for anyone seriously wanting to buy the club as a going concern to buy it out of Administration.

It's not rocket science.

TBF you've said this all along Sluffy and I can see where you are coming from but you are predicating it on the principle that there is little or no residual value in BWFC and therefore there's nothing to attract potential buyers. Is that right?

If so I'd argue that although a lot of the assets and futures are mortgaged we don't know the extent to which they are mortgaged and with ED claiming he doesn't want to be paid as a creditor that nominal value would increase. Only a revised balance sheet would give some indication of the net worth of the business.

If we assume there is some value and potential buyers are just hanging around to cash in on it i.e. asset-strip you'd think a deal would have been concluded weeks ago unless for example, ED is insisting on guarantees to protect the club (which I personally think is a likely scenario given the time and money he has invested over the years)

So I think that the club are trying to find a buyer who sees the value in the club and accepts the terms that will prevent blatant asset stripping and I think that's been the case all along.

It's a lot to hope for, and hopefully the pressure exerted on the club by HMRC won't force the club to reduce their demands for guarantees.

We could still come out of this smelling of roses but today's events haven't helped our chances.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:
I was meaning that I hadn't a clue where you got the the text from so had to google to find the webpage. Very Happy

If you copy the text to notepad, it removes all formatting so when you copy it into your post from notepad, you can then use the formatting tools here.

Hope that helps. Smile
can i have that in English please KP?  scratch

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Hope that helps. Smile

How are you allowed to work in a hospital?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:

It's not rocket science.

TBF you've said this all along Sluffy and I can see where you are coming from but you are predicating it on the principle that there is little or no residual value in BWFC and therefore there's nothing to attract potential buyers. Is that right?

If so I'd argue that although a lot of the assets and futures are mortgaged we don't know the extent to which they are mortgaged and with ED claiming he doesn't want to be paid as a creditor that nominal value would increase. Only a revised balance sheet would give some indication of the net worth of the business.

If we assume there is some value and potential buyers are just hanging around to cash in on it i.e. asset-strip you'd think a deal would have been concluded weeks ago unless for example, ED is insisting on guarantees to protect the club (which I personally think is a likely scenario given the time and money he has invested over the years)

So I think that the club are trying to find a buyer who sees the value in the club and accepts the terms that will prevent blatant asset stripping and I think that's been the case all along.

It's a lot to hope for, and hopefully the pressure exerted on the club by HMRC won't force the club to reduce their demands for guarantees.

We could still come out of this smelling of roses but today's events haven't helped our chances.

You still miss my main point which is the club is trading at a loss of about £750,000 per month and anyone who buys the club now will have to fund that until at least the end of July 2016 when some big player contracts expire.

Whatever the assets of the club are its fairly obvious that any group taking over have no cash to invest and so these assets will have to be mortgaged or sold just in order to keep the club going.

What then is the point of throwing good money after bad keeping the club afloat until July 2016?

It makes more business sense buying the club out of Admin once the millstone of the players wage bill as been lifted by means of letting them go under the period of Administration.

The 12 point penalty is really neither here or there as with the players and management we have now we wont survive so again we may as take the hit now and regroup under new ownership the best we can.

I simply don't get why anybody would take us on now with the contractual expenditure we have - it doesn't make any sense to me to do so.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Hope that helps. Smile

Laughing

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Hope that helps. Smile

Fortunately my knowledge of pharmaceuticals is better than my knowledge of computers  Very Happy

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Norpig wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Hope that helps. Smile

Fortunately my knowledge of pharmaceuticals is better than my knowledge of computers  Very Happy and animal sex
affraid

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Somat I don't quite understand about the take over ....... if there are issues regarding the amount of money the consortium has ....then why would same consortium want to take over the club in the first place?  So they can blow every penny they have and not have enough to keep it going....that doesn't make sense to me.
Also If the new owners run out of money a year from now .....what business is it of Eddie & Company...they will be gone.  We will be Fooooked as per usual.  At worst we will be back were we started again.

terenceanne wrote:Somat I don't quite understand about the take over ....... if there are issues regarding the amount of money the consortium has ....then why would same consortium want to take over the club in the first place?  So they can blow every penny they have and not have enough to keep it going....that doesn't make sense to me.
Also If the new owners run out of money a year from now .....what business is it of Eddie & Company...they will be gone.  We will be Fooooked as per usual.  At worst we will be back were we started again.

Or playing in a rented ground or sharing Gigg with that lot and training at Burnden Fives, having sold the family silver to keep the club going for another 12 months.

(Don't slag me off, Boggers - it could well happen.)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Sluffy pointed out, this malaise hasn't happened overnight. The business with HMRC has no doubt been going on behind the scenes for weeks and we, the fans, seem to have been kept in the dark, The fact Phil Gartside was rushed into hospital at about the same time as the story broke, doesn't bode well and we have heard very little about his condition and progress since then. All very odd if you ask me.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Some serious dodgy shit will come out soon mark my words.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum