Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

message to our newest member bwfcst

+3
luckyPeterpiper
Kane57
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1message to our newest member bwfcst Empty message to our newest member bwfcst Fri Dec 18 2015, 23:14

So come on. Tell us what is all about.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He can't tell us anything just yet!

When you join Nuts you have to activate your account from the email supplied when you register - you will be amazed at how many people fail to do this - and so can't post - BWFCST is one of these!

I think maybe people may join the site via their Facebook account but 'activation' from the email address used to set up the FB account is still needed.

The reason this is done is a basic security measure to stop spam bots infesting the site.

Boggers is a spam bot - Fact!

Did you see my message on the other thread? About mr peacock

Breadman wrote:Boggers sticks his spam in someones bot - Fact!

Really?!???!

ITK.

#Nixontoldme.

Breadman wrote:ITK.

#Nixontoldmeitshisbot.

Just wow

He always said they were close......

That's taking having someone on the inside a bit far though

10message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Fri Dec 18 2015, 23:55

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

See my post on the other board - hopefully goes some way to informing.

Plus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has a good Q&A section. Anything else you want to ask then just fire away.

11message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 00:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Kane57 wrote:See my post on the other board - hopefully goes some way to informing.

Plus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has a good Q&A section. Anything else you want to ask then just fire away.
Let's start with the obvious. Who are these founders and why won't they tell us their names? I'm swerving any group that does that because it immediately sounds as dodgy as a Ken Bates Used Car Dealership.

12message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 00:45

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You can have mine all you like. 

It's the choice of the people involved to remain anonymous for now - but that'll change (maybe as soon as the morning).

13message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 00:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Kane57 wrote:You can have mine all you like. 

It's the choice of the people involved to remain anonymous for now - but that'll change (maybe as soon as the morning).
Don't take this personally Kane but in my honest opinion people who want my support and that of hundreds or thousands of others should be completely open about who they are from the start. This guff about their "presumably" being elections later doesn't really wash with me. There's been too much murky business around the whole game not just this club for me to feel sanguine about people who opt to remain anonymous while making very vague statements about wanting to act in "the best interests of the club", you know as well as I do that line has been heard too many times before. 

I'm not saying these people are definitely dodgy, they may well be completely sincere in what they're saying but the fact they choose to hide their names is not reassuring to me. In truth I would like to be wrong, I hope someone, perhaps this group can and will prove to be a boon to all fans of BWFC and to the future of the club itself but after watching the fiasco's at Portsmouth and Leeds in particular I don't feel they've made a particularly good start. They're asking us to have faith in them but lack the confidence to say just whom we're supposed to have faith in. I'm possibly being overly cynical but blind faith in un-named individuals is not something I'm prepared to offer. Until the group has provided a lot more information starting with who they are and why I should even consider trusting them I'm not going to even consider being a part of it.

14message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 00:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Former Councillor Chris Peacock as already been named as one and Steve Hilton has been outed by WanderersWays - his twitter account names himself as co-founder of BWFCST.

15message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 01:00

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I totally understand your position and would share it had I not been involved with the Trust so far.

The basic point is that the lack of transparency and accountability of the previous regime has without doubt been a huge factor in both where we are now, and in the disconnect that the fans have felt. The aim of the Trust, whether it is successful or not, is to bridge that gap and allow all fans to  have a voice.

I think the plan is to be more open once the talks have taken place tomorrow - we'll have a better idea then of where we can take this idea and present it to the wider fanbase at an open meeting in the next couple of weeks.

Basically put - bear with those wishing to remain anonymous as I'm sure that won't be the case for very long.

16message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 01:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Kane57 wrote:I totally understand your position and would share it had I not been involved with the Trust so far.

The basic point is that the lack of transparency and accountability of the previous regime has without doubt been a huge factor in both where we are now, and in the disconnect that the fans have felt. The aim of the Trust, whether it is successful or not, is to bridge that gap and allow all fans to  have a voice.

I think the plan is to be more open once the talks have taken place tomorrow - we'll have a better idea then of where we can take this idea and present it to the wider fanbase at an open meeting in the next couple of weeks.

Basically put - bear with those wishing to remain anonymous as I'm sure that won't be the case for very long.
Fair enough kane, I really hope you're right but with respect I'll reserve judgement until I know the names and faces of the people behind this. God, I really do hope this turns out to be legit, I've been a Trotter for forty years now and even the 80's wasn't this bad. At least then the club, players and fans were all in it together and singing from the same hymn sheet. It seems like no one seems to know what's going on and the left hand hasn't even heard of the right let alone know what it's up to. Just one small question if I may. 
Do you think the Trust has any chance of doing something substantive about this mess before January 18th?

Some people on here seem to think we're going to get an adjournment then but I think they're dreaming. HMRC don't pull the winding up trigger unless they're certain they have to and won't get their money back otherwise. Add in that the tax bill will keep rising between now and then and I can't see a judge allowing us more time unless we have something concrete to show him that will satisfy the taxman as well.

17message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 01:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Former Councillor Chris Peacock as already been named as one and Steve Hilton has been outed by WanderersWays - his twitter account names himself as co-founder of BWFCST.
Thanks sluffy, that's a start at least. I just hope they don't turn out to be "front" men with a bunch of dodgy geezers hiding behind them. I don't know much about Peacock or Hilton, what sort of guys are they?

18message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 01:19

Is anyone else seeing the inherent irony of someone criticising the current regime's "lack of transparency and accountability" using the Guido Fawkes mask so favoured by various anonymous groups nowadays for his avatar?

19message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 01:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not liking this, seriously.

Some twat has come and playing with my box! Mad

Kane you can fuck off as far as I'm concerned!

20message to our newest member bwfcst Empty Re: message to our newest member bwfcst Sat Dec 19 2015, 01:54

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd like to know if ANY of the favoured eight have any sort of connection to ED or the admin advisory bloke. We are being asked to wait and see what the future holds with this group, like we've been asked to wait and see for the last few weeks about a fair few things. In a world of uncertainty, further uncertainty isn't a welcoming thought. And if there has been a political appointee in this group he should know better than to hide any conflict of interest. Additionally I would like to know if there are any unemployed, low waged persons, pensioners and women in this group or are they professional persons?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum