Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 50]

281Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:26

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ok I'll check it out, is it on amazon prime do you know. Have you seen green zone with Matt Damon.
That was a top film too

282Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 25 2016, 10:56

Not sure if it is on Prime.  It is on Sky at the minute, was the premiere a couple of weeks ago

283Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jul 28 2016, 21:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has anybody seen The Knick?

It's a right dark, dirty, racist, disturbing....fly on the wall type drama about a hospital in New York in 1900.

I've watched the first two series now and it really is stunning. Highly recommended.

284Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jul 28 2016, 21:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Has anybody seen The Knick?

It's a right dark, dirty, racist, disturbing....fly on the wall type drama about a hospital in New York in 1900.

I've watched the first two series now and it really is stunning. Highly recommended.
Any laughs in it?

285Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Aug 03 2016, 13:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The new Danny McBride show Vice Principals has just started on Sky Atlantic, if you loved East Bound and Down you'll love this as well

286Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05 2016, 11:33

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Watched the first 3 episodes of Mr Robot last night and I'm not sure what to make of it. It obviously has potential and the reviews are good but it's just so damn slow. Not sure whether to persevere with it now. 

Has anyone else watched it past the early stages and is it worth sticking with?

287Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05 2016, 11:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Watched the first 3 episodes of Mr Robot last night and I'm not sure what to make of it. It obviously has potential and the reviews are good but it's just so damn slow. Not sure whether to persevere with it now. 

Has anyone else watched it past the early stages and is it worth sticking with?

I am at the same point as you.

Loved the first episode, the next two were painfully thin on plot and action.

And why does the lead actor have to mumble?

288Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05 2016, 14:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've got the first series on series link but haven't watched any episodes yet, everyone has been raving about it so i'll give it a go when i get a chance

289Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05 2016, 14:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Same for me Norpig but I will definitely give it a chance simply because it is so highly rated. Not that that guarantees I will like it. I hated Mad Men and couldn't really get in to West Wing.

290Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05 2016, 15:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never watched Mad Men either, is it any good anyone?

291Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05 2016, 15:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No use asking me,I'm still watching Quincy.

292Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 12 2016, 23:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Watched four episodes of Mr Robot and gave up in disgust. The final straw was one of the main characters doing something at the end of episode 4 that made absolutely no sense. But then there are a lot of implausible things happening in Mr Robot.

Out of curiosity I checked what happened later in the series and was amazed at how ridiculous the plot became. I have no idea why this show is so highly rated and am curious to see if anyone else has watched it yet and what they make of it.

293Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Aug 13 2016, 00:05

I'm not an Amazon.com viewer and to be honest, I've long suspected that they blow all their budget on advertising rather than programming.

They're trying to challenge HBO as an independent producer of programmes and I've always suspected that they were relying on hype over substance.

Coincidentally, my sister, who's far more tech savvy than I am (watches shows on her laptop)  came round for Tea on Wednesday and said it was poor.

294Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Aug 13 2016, 10:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Watched four episodes of Mr Robot and gave up in disgust. The final straw was one of the main characters doing something at the end of episode 4 that made absolutely no sense. But then there are a lot of implausible things happening in Mr Robot.

Out of curiosity I checked what happened later in the series and was amazed at how ridiculous the plot became. I have no idea why this show is so highly rated and am curious to see if anyone else has watched it yet and what they make of it.
only watched 2 episodes so far and up to now i like it

295Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Aug 13 2016, 10:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:
xmiles wrote:Watched four episodes of Mr Robot and gave up in disgust. The final straw was one of the main characters doing something at the end of episode 4 that made absolutely no sense. But then there are a lot of implausible things happening in Mr Robot.

only watched 2 episodes so far and up to now i like it

I was OK at that point. Let me know how you feel after episode 4. Smile

296Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Aug 21 2016, 21:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched Season 1 of Mr Robot. Tbh I found it a bit hard going and a tad implausible. However ..the main character plays the part of a computer geek brilliantly. His ADHD/ OCD behavior is brilliantly acted and his bug eyes really make him look the part of a nerd genius. I'm not sure if I will be going for Season 2 because I found the ending of season 1 a bit too far fetched.

297Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Aug 21 2016, 21:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the new Robot Wars. Brilliant stuff!

298Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 22 2016, 11:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:I watched Season 1 of Mr Robot. Tbh I found it a bit hard going and a tad implausible. However ..the main character plays the part of a computer geek brilliantly. His ADHD/ OCD behavior is brilliantly acted and his bug eyes really make him look the part of a nerd genius. I'm not sure if I will be going for Season 2 because I found the ending of season 1 a bit too far fetched.

Nothing wrong with Remi Malek's acting but I am getting a bit fed up with the cliche of a central character having some sort of OCD or autistic behavioural quirk.

299Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Sep 18 2016, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have spent the weekend watching the first 3 seasons of Oz. Fuck me, what a programme.

The Wizard of Oz it is not. Oz is a brutal American prison drama, and when I say brutal I mean fooking brutal.

It was filmed in the late 90's/early 00's and is packed full of actors who have gone on to be household names in the world of American drama. Oh, and Eamonn Walker (Winston from In Sicknes And In Health)

I'm surprised KP hasn't mentioned it, it's full of bumming.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

300Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Sep 29 2016, 09:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speaking of Prison dramas, I cant to see the return of Prison Break. All the old characters are back including T Bag.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum