Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 50]

631Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jan 18 2018, 11:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Just finished watching the Tunnel vengeance, very dark stuff but a great watch.

The finest gangster series you'll ever see (other than the Sopranos) is back at the end of the month - Gomorrah is back for a 3rd series.If you haven't seen the first 2 series then i can't recommend it highly enough, it is simply brilliant.

I found Tunnel Vengeance so preposterous that I gave up on it. It was almost as ridiculous as Hard Sun which is laughably bad - just a series of plot holes and illogical and flat out impossible twists.

McMafia is OK but I find James Norton wooden and none of the characters are at all sympathetic apart from maybe Karel Benes.

Last edited by xmiles on Mon Jan 22 2018, 08:29; edited 1 time in total

632Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 22 2018, 01:06

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:My muff hasn't been right since Bulgaria. Germoline is the only thing that helps.
I swear by undiluted  TCP .

633Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 22 2018, 01:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

We will fight them on the beaches my arse.

634Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 22 2018, 01:10

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You young lads and dad's will fight them on the beaches while us old bastards stay in safety and comfort while you get slaughtered .

635Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 29 2018, 22:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Ghost In The Shell - very entertaining good quality sci-fi.

636Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jan 30 2018, 10:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Ghost In The Shell - very entertaining good quality sci-fi.

You are joking surely, I thought it was absolute garbage. It was so far up its own arse it should have been called Wanderlust.

I watched Frozen instead.

637Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jan 30 2018, 12:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been watching the French political thriller "Spin"(it's about PR and controlling the news) and just realised I've seen it before. Senior moment I guess. Anyhoo, well worth a watch.

638Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Feb 04 2018, 09:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really enjoying Requiem (BBC 1). Don't watch a lot of telly these days,apart from sport,but this is quality.

639Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Feb 04 2018, 13:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

La Mante (the Praying Mantis) on Netflix is excellent. Overtones of Hannibal Lecter and stars French femme fatale of a certain age ex Bond girl and the former Mrs Gerard Depardieu - Carole Bouquet who is also in "Spin". The series is great in itself but even better with this IMO hot 60 year old portraying a vindictive serial killer.

640Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 06 2018, 07:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42953979

I always liked Frasier and the reruns stand up pretty well.

641Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 06 2018, 08:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42953979

I always liked Frasier and the reruns stand up pretty well.
I liked it too. And you're right,the reruns are always enjoyable. Says a lot about modern TV that we have to keep delving into the past for something decent to watch.
I 've been enjoying 'Car 54 Where Are You?' from the early sixties.
Sad that he was only 77.

642Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 07 2018, 23:21

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just watched the first episode of 'Back in Time for Tea' on catch up. It's a 6 part series, about a family from Bradford experiencing how live has changed for northern working class families over the past 100 years. I found it very interesting. If anyone fancies watching it, it is available on BBC iPlayer on the BBC 2 section of the site.

643Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 22 2018, 12:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone watch the return of John Cleese to the BBC in 'Hold The Sunset'?

Dire.

644Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 22 2018, 13:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone watch the return of John Cleese to the BBC in 'Hold The Sunset'?

Dire.

Absolute crap. More like Terry and June than anything contemporary. Didn't even bother watching all of it.

645Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 05 2018, 14:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see Gary Oldman got the Oscar last night for Darkest Hour.

Watched it this morning,and it was well deserved.

646Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 05 2018, 17:35

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree about Hold The Sunset (pathetic) and Gary Oldman (about time!) but I was very disappointed to see that "mute cleaner falls in love with captive amphibian creature" won best picture Oscar:-it's extremely dull tosh, almost as dire as last year's last-minute, vacuous winner, Moonlight.

The Academy is beginning to repeat a pattern of arrogantly disregarding the films that have swept the board in each year's award ceremonies just before the Oscars in favour of inferior but more PC films. 3 Billboards has something important to say. Love the way the use of billboards has captured the imagination of campaign groups across the world.

647Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 05 2018, 18:53

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone watch the return of John Cleese to the BBC in 'Hold The Sunset'?

Dire.
Totally agree.

648Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 05 2018, 22:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just finished watching series 3 of Better Call Saul. Not Breaking Bad but still pretty good. Can be a bit slow at times but great acting and some interesting plot developments make it worth watching.

649Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Mar 08 2018, 10:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched The Shape Of Water yesterday. Lot of bollocks.

650Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Mar 08 2018, 19:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still Game returns tonight. 9.30 BBC1. Be there or be square.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum