Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dedication or Madness ?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dedication or Madness ?  Empty Dedication or Madness ? Fri Jun 15 2012, 11:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As well as football I enjoy a game of darts. Our captain lives in Manchester and he is the Secretary of the Ipswich Town Supporters club ( Manchester and North West ). He is no longer married and his son is now grown up so he has his weekends to himself.

Now get this beat, he has a season ticket and goes to every home and away game ( barring family events etc ). The fan club don't have enough supporters to run a coach so they invariably run a mini-bus with about six supporters.

All of his disposable income is taken up following the tractor boys. I enjoy my football but I don't know if I could stomach travelling over 200 miles to the Reebok every other weekend.

I think he is very dedicated but I am sure some will view him as mad.

2Dedication or Madness ?  Empty Re: Dedication or Madness ? Fri Jun 15 2012, 13:48

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:As well as football I enjoy a game of darts. Our captain lives in Manchester and he is the Secretary of the Ipswich Town Supporters club ( Manchester and North West ). He is no longer married and his son is now grown up so he has his weekends to himself.

Now get this beat, he has a season ticket and goes to every home and away game ( barring family events etc ). The fan club don't have enough supporters to run a coach so they invariably run a mini-bus with about six supporters.

All of his disposable income is taken up following the tractor boys. I enjoy my football but I don't know if I could stomach travelling over 200 miles to the Reebok every other weekend.

I think he is very dedicated but I am sure some will view him as mad.

we all have different things that give us pleasure on different levels...

its just 'what he does'

if im honest, im lucky enough to be in a position were I can attend almost every home game and a few away ones a season... I work having my little boy around work and football, he will be coming with me when hes old enough.

If i could attend every game i would, I almost managed a whole season home and away about 4 years ago... I missed 2 cup games through work!

3Dedication or Madness ?  Empty Re: Dedication or Madness ? Fri Jun 15 2012, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't miss a home and away game for many years, it completely took over my life. Even on the days when there were no matches I'd end up at Burnden Park pestering Bruce Rioch or one of the players.

Nowadays it's more habit than anything else, every credit to your mate for still having that passion. I suspect if he was a Wanderers fan he may feel differently though!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum