Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stop all the madness!

+4
observer
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stop all the madness! Empty Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Obviously we have had a poor start to the season but i'm sick of all the bloody negativity on the board at the moment, talk of sacking Dougie after 4 league games is fucking madness.

I honestly believe we will sneak something on Saturday and after the international break we have some very winnable games at home and after September things will start looking better in the league.

:dougie:  :COYW: 

2Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:16

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

what if it doesn't ?

3Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Then you have my permission to bitch and moan all you like, I just don't think now is the time to lose our heads and lose all hope.

4Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Obviously we have had a poor start to the season but i'm sick of all the bloody negativity on the board at the moment, talk of sacking Dougie after 4 league games is fucking madness.

I honestly believe we will sneak something on Saturday and after the international break we have some very winnable games at home and after September things will start looking better in the league.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:05

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:Obviously we have had a poor start to the season but i'm sick of all the bloody negativity on the board at the moment, talk of sacking Dougie after 4 league games is fucking madness.

I, for one, agree with Aaron.  We have had a plethora of injuries and the team is not gelling.  Individually we have players who can play at this level.  Get rid of Knightmare and get a Dawson clone or Dawson himself and we have a shot at moving up the table quickly. 
I would not pretend to know more tactics than anyone on this board, so I won't quibble when you think DF is not up to speed. I do recognize that Ream had an excellent game last week and so did Bogdan.
Many of you asked for the young players to get a chance.  They did last night and they were mediocre against Tranmere. Of course it was our captain, Knightmare, who gifted them the goal.
Eaves may have been denied one or two good goals and if the linesman gave us a break, we would all be happy having won 2-1 and having had the youngsters play a half.
DF has brought in, for very little money, some players who may prove to be winners.  Beckford, Hall and Moritz may come to fruition.  No one wants to give DF time to build the club, but for my money, that is wrong.  He may succeed as he did last season.  If he fails, so do the players. 
My biggest gripe is not replacing Dawson.  We have won only once since he has left the club... and that was against inferior talent.  DF is not daft and is probably working behind the scenes to fill that gap.  Knightmare is an accident waiting to happen, but somehow he looked okay with Dawson.  Even Cahill didn't make Knightmare look good... but Dawson had and has that ability. I am sure there will be some changes down the line, and I hope it is not too late by the time they happen.  Remember we were relegation fodder when DF took over and if not for goal differential and the lack of Dawson in the final game, we would have been in the playoffs.
It's too soon to panic.  Give DF a fair chance to right the ship. Everyone of you said the first five games would be very tough.  Some of you (the insane ones), said we would get double figure points from them.  That's optimism that might have been justified if Eagles, Holden, Davies and even Riley were playing.  CYL has not made a comeback yet.  But Robert Hall looks like he has inspiration and creativity and Medo has a brilliant shot (which one day may go between the posts) and Beckford may find his ability again (though he really should have scored this past Saturday).  Let's hold off on the call for action and give DF the chance to pull them together.  We had a horrible preseason and now it is a different team which is trying to learn from each other.  They deserve that chance.

6Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Observer - what you say is true to a point, but my biggest problem is the complete lack of positives from the first few games. No one has played well, no one has looked particularly interested, we've hardly created a chance, the manager doesn't know his best team or even his best formation. It's a bloody disaster.

7Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:19

observer wrote:

I, for one, agree with Aaron.  We have had a plethora of injuries and the team is not gelling.  Individually we have players who can play at this level.  Get rid of Knightmare and get a Dawson clone or Dawson himself and we have a shot at moving up the table quickly. 
I would not pretend to know more tactics than anyone on this board, so I won't quibble when you think DF is not up to speed. I do recognize that Ream had an excellent game last week and so did Bogdan.
Many of you asked for the young players to get a chance.  They did last night and they were mediocre against Tranmere. Of course it was our captain, Knightmare, who gifted them the goal.
Eaves may have been denied one or two good goals and if the linesman gave us a break, we would all be happy having won 2-1 and having had the youngsters play a half.
DF has brought in, for very little money, some players who may prove to be winners.  Beckford, Hall and Moritz may come to fruition.  No one wants to give DF time to build the club, but for my money, that is wrong.  He may succeed as he did last season.  If he fails, so do the players. 
My biggest gripe is not replacing Dawson.  We have won only once since he has left the club... and that was against inferior talent.  DF is not daft and is probably working behind the scenes to fill that gap.  Knightmare is an accident waiting to happen, but somehow he looked okay with Dawson.  Even Cahill didn't make Knightmare look good... but Dawson had and has that ability. I am sure there will be some changes down the line, and I hope it is not too late by the time they happen.  Remember we were relegation fodder when DF took over and if not for goal differential and the lack of Dawson in the final game, we would have been in the playoffs.
It's too soon to panic.  Give DF a fair chance to right the ship. Everyone of you said the first five games would be very tough.  Some of you (the insane ones), said we would get double figure points from them.  That's optimism that might have been justified if Eagles, Holden, Davies and even Riley were playing.  CYL has not made a comeback yet.  But Robert Hall looks like he has inspiration and creativity and Medo has a brilliant shot (which one day may go between the posts) and Beckford may find his ability again (though he really should have scored this past Saturday).  Let's hold off on the call for action and give DF the chance to pull them together.  We had a horrible preseason and now it is a different team which is trying to learn from each other.  They deserve that chance.
Well said.

8Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:32

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Observer - what you say is true to a point, but my biggest problem is the complete lack of positives from the first few games. No one has played well, no one has looked particularly interested, we've hardly created a chance, the manager doesn't know his best team or even his best formation. It's a bloody disaster.
I don't disagree with what you say except for the panic element (And I recognize that you know as much about football as anyone on this forum, if not more!)  Had the Allies done that in World War II, when everything looked bleak, we wouldn't be so happy today.  But somehow things turned and the allies won the war.

There is time to rebound and DF showed that last season.  If you think I am happy with the club looking so poorly, I'm not.  I just think he deserves a chance to right the ship.  He proved his worth last season bringing us from relegation fodder to the doorsteps of the playoffs. I'm a big admirer of BSA and think he can get the best out of players.  DF has to step up to the plate and do the same.  Time will tell.

9Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:40

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Errr .... I think you'll find that Germany is far more prosperous, and has been for years, than the UK.

10Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:42

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

chipbutty wrote:Errr .... I think you'll find that Germany is far more prosperous, and has been for years, than the UK.
I believe you missed the point... but I know you understand what I said.  At least both of our countries speak English (albeit my country not so well)! Smile

11Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 20:40

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another vote for Aaron and Observer the "voices of reason" as opposed to the negatives,"the voices of Treason"?

12Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Wed Aug 28 2013, 23:44

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A largely sensible thread at last. Well said Aaron and Observer. Get down to t' th' Ewood on Saturday and give t' lads some backing instead of keep moanin.

13Stop all the madness! Empty Re: Stop all the madness! Thu Aug 29 2013, 15:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That's probably the longest post that observer has made on here! I agree with him - there is no need for panic.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum