Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Ipswich

+15
finlaymcdanger
Boggersbelief
Bollotom2014
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
doffcocker
Bwfc1958
Chairmanda
wanderlust
Leeds_Trotter
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Tue Mar 08 2016, 23:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Considering McCarthy's supposed to be as hard and straightforward as they come, he should be fucking embarrassed of that team. I've honestly never seen a more pathetic side at the Reebok in terms of timewasting, acting, bad sportsmanship in general. I think there was about 10 minutes added time overall. It'd have been just like watching Italy if they weren't so shit.

Even though we're more or less down anyway the equaliser felt amazing just to see that set of utter twats go home pissed off. I'd say justice was done, if we hadn't actually completely dominated the match.

Anybody that witnessed that first half has to wonder what the hell we've gotta do to catch a break. We had about five "how has that not gone in?" situations and scored none, Ipswich barely got out their own half and scored a goal nobody in the world could have stopped. Obviously people tend to just dismiss these things with "you make your own luck" which is fair enough to an extent but for fuck sake. How many times have we been completely on top and conceded a goal like that?

Not a bad game to be at at all in the end, probably the most toxic atmosphere I've ever felt at a home match, only partly to do with what a mess we're in.

62Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 00:18

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Lennon isn't playing Woolery as he doesn't want him injured in case it affects his selling price.

Tripe, he's out of contract in the summer. Don't try and be clever.

Irony and humour detector failed at your end? Don't you try to be clever. Some friggin people should be monitored for their own protection.  Sleep

63Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 02:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Forgot to mention...the Ipswich player who scored the first goal....never heard his name before, probably never hear it again...

He seemed to score the goal, then make a point of running into the corner flag to celebrate in front of the Bolton fans with some sort of mocking arm gesture. Such a nice touch for a commemorative match.

64Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 07:38

Bollotom2014 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Lennon isn't playing Woolery as he doesn't want him injured in case it affects his selling price.

Irony and humour detector failed at your end? Don't you try to be clever. Some friggin people should be monitored for their own protection.  Sleep

Feel sorry for your friends of that's what passes for a joke with you.

65Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 07:51

Re: Woolery,

It's now being reported that he was unwell before kick off, hence why he was replaced.

Reading between the lines in Lennon's comments, he's accusing him of faking it.

What a load of bollocks!

Presumably the kid's desperate to play, so why would he pretend to be ill now that he's finally in with a chance of starting a game?

Fuck off, Lennon.....

66Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 08:07

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've lost all confidence in lennon now, think he was trying to prove a point to us with the subs by leaving them late and not putting Silva on sooner.

67Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 08:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I've lost all confidence in lennon now, think he was trying to prove a point to us with the subs by leaving them late and not putting Silva on sooner.

I think you're spot on here Leeds T. Lennon consistently blames 'individual' errors for conceding goals. I could live with that if he would acknowledge that many of the 'individual' errors are his. Not just tactics- but team selection firstly and subs secondly.
Why did he play a midget like Clough up top last night with almost no chance of him playing a strikers role? Then when we're 2-0 he thinks about bringing on Silva who has blistering pace  and showed that with a booking (probably deserved) and winning a penalty with virtually the last kick of the game -all in about 5 minutes.
I've always supported Lennon, but now I'm sick to the back teeth of him not attempting to change the pattern of play around the 65th  minute when the game was clearly calling out for a change.
Is he some super football brain ( like Wenger) or just an obstinate numptie who's convinced he is infallible in his football judgement.
Despite the fist half misses- that game was there for the taking last night as all it needed was a bit of pace up front from us.
And did he provide that with young fast subs? Did he bollocks.
The club may have severe financial liabilities at the minute, but I think we also have a severe managerial liability as well now.

68Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 08:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

spot on Rammy i agree 100%  :clap:

Doffy i said this on your subs thread as well but we must have been at different games, i thought we were poor last night. Yes we created a few chances but not having an actual striker kind of puts a spanner in the works doesn't it? Our passing is awful unless we are passing it square or backwards (yes you Spearing).
I didn't feel any elation at full time just that we got lucky getting a point

69Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 10:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm getting a tad peed off with the excuses tbh. Ipswich were there for the taking but we always seem to concede first and end up facing an uphill battle to get anything out of the game. at 2-0 down we should have been thinking about bringing subs on sooner. For all we know, we could have won the game had Silva been given more game time.

70Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 10:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Feel sorry for your friends of that's what passes for a joke with you.

You're extremely rude

71Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 11:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know what's to be lost at this stage in a) playing Silva every match or b) Lennon explaining publicly why he won't.

The only explanation I can think of is that he's the last thing you want in your team when you need everybody pulling in the same direction - he could have as easily got sent off last night, not for the first time - but that just sounds like drivel given the desperation of the situation.

I don't believe for one second that Lennon doesn't think he's one of the best players we've got. It has to be something we're not privy to, whether it's that his attitude means he does more harm than good (hard to imagine), or it's something to do with the agreement with Arsenal, financial or otherwise.

It's not first time we've had a really promising loan player who should blatantly be starting every match but doesn't. I just wish Lennon would give an explanation rather than alienate the fans any further.

72Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 13:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I just wish Lennon would give an explanation rather than alienate the fans any further.
Did Lennon not say earlier in the week that Silva was just not good enough in training? Sounds like an explanation to me. I imagine Lennon thought that the players who were already on the pitch were our best chance of getting back into it.

My mate said when he came on he was embarrassed by Silva's blatant diving. "A complete lack of sportsmanship" was how he described it. Might have won a pen but I'm not a big fan of cheats.

73Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 13:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Silva came on and was immediately booked for a pathetic dive. A few minutes later, he's in the exact same position, does an even worse dive and gets a penalty. He should have been sent off and it does look worse on the highlights than it did sat right in front of it.

74Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 13:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Silva came on and was immediately booked for a pathetic dive. A few minutes later, he's in the exact same position, does an even worse dive and gets a penalty. He should have been sent off and it does look worse on the highlights than it did sat right in front of it.
OK- he's a diver and that's not very palatable.
But when he did dive at least he was in the penalty area  which was devoid of most Bolton players for most of the second half.
When he came on he terrorised them -and he should have been on 20 minutes earlier doing exactly that.
We could have won that game last night with him on, and despite the fact that we're gong to be relegated, the points difference would have been less of an embarrassment.

75Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 13:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Silva came on and was immediately booked for a pathetic dive. A few minutes later, he's in the exact same position, does an even worse dive and gets a penalty. He should have been sent off and it does look worse on the highlights than it did sat right in front of it.
OK- he's a diver and that's not very palatable.
But when he did dive at least he was in the penalty area  which was devoid of most Bolton players for most of the second half.
When he came on he terrorised them -and he should have been on 20 minutes earlier doing exactly that.
We could have won that game last night with him on, and despite the fact that we're gong to be relegated, the points difference would have been less of an embarrassment.

Completely agree.

76Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 13:50

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At the end of the day draws at home and losses away is a recipe for relegation. That's all there is to it.

We are dead bottom after 36 games because we are the worst team in the division. Horrible luck and circumstances have added to our plight.  But a fact is a fact.

Even Rotherham won a bloody game last night against Boro ....we can't catch a break.

77Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 14:04

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rotherham brought Warnock in and they have since acquired 6 points from their past 2 games away at Wednesday (6th) and home to Boro (2nd). He will probably keep them up because he knows how to organize a team well and demand that the players do as he says. Even dog shit like Rotherham.

They have at least given themselves a chance of survival by brining in a twat that they don't want but will obviously give them a shot at staying up - same as Sunderland with Big Sam.

Bolton however just sit back and watch it happen like they did with Coyle and now with Lennon. I don't give a damn what anyone says, Lennon, and I have nothing against him, should have been replaced just in the hope that a change of attitude in the dressing room would translate onto the pitch and motivate better performances. You have to at least try don't you?

My bottom 3 (God only knows how Bristol City got out of it):

----------
MK Dons
Bolton
Charlton

78Bolton 2-2 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Wed Mar 09 2016, 14:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 2-2 Ipswich Town

IN BRIEF

Wanderers came from two goals down to earn a deserved point at home to Ipswich Town on Tuesday evening.

In a first half dominated by the home side, it was Mick McCarthy’s side who drew first blood against the run of play with 24 minutes on the clock, with Paul Rachubka unable to do anything to prevent Kevin Bru’s curling effort finding the net via the underside of the crossbar.

Second best yet again in the final 45 minutes, Town doubled their advantage with 19 minutes remaining as Christophe Berra nodded home a free-kick from close range.

Wanderers weren’t beaten yet however, with Lawrie Wilson rifling home from distance just a minute later to give Bolton hope and in the sixth minute of stoppage time, Stephen Dobbie made no mistake from the penalty spot to earn the home side a share of the spoils at the death.

TEAM NEWS

Lawrie Wilson returned to the starting XI for Wanderers in place of Josh Vela, while Under-21s regular Alex Finney was amongst the substitutes for Neil Lennon’s men.

A late change meanwhile saw the inclusion of Tom Walker instead of Kaiyne Woolery on the bench with the young striker failing a late fitness test.

FIRST HALF

Sporting the club’s limited edition third kit for the occasion, Wanderers got the game underway under the floodlights and almost had the opener in side three minutes as Liam Feeney powered down the left-flank before pulling the ball back for the advancing Darren Pratley, but the skipper was unable to keep his effort down.

Bolton’s pressure continued with a succession of corners coming to nothing much although Mark Davies did test Bartosz Bialkowski after beating his man just outside the box.

The visitors could barely get out of their own half, with the Whites pressing in a bid to open the scoring against the Tractor Boys.

As the game headed towards its quarter mark however, Ipswich began to look more threatening with Freddie Sears’ shot from distance being parried out by Paul Rachubka and cleared away by Derik Osede.

The match was being played at something of a tentative pace for the most part, but in the 24th minute the deadlock was broken against the run of play as Bru fired home from distance and via the underside of the crossbar against the run of play.

Harsh on Wanderers given their dominance, they didn’t let their heads drop and looked for a way back into the game immediately with some clever build-up play going on in and around the area.

A spontaneous round of applause meanwhile in the 33rd minute of the clash was observed by both sets of fans in remembrance of the Burnden Park Disaster.

A goalmouth scramble ensued just two minutes later for Wanderers, with neither Zach Clough nor Liam Trotter able to put the ball in the net from a matter of yards out from a low-cross-goal pass.

Another one happened soon after, with the Ipswich keeper keeping out Moxey, Derik and Holding with a succession of fine reflex saves.

It was all Bolton as the half drew to its conclusion, with their frustration at coming so close to a leveller visible and palpable around the stadium.

Try as they might however, they went in at the break undeservedly behind in the encounter.

SECOND HALF

With no changes ahead of the start of the second period, the game restarted and Wanderers were on the attack from the outset in a bid to pull level early on.

And it almost came in the form of a deft Clough header as he attempted to direct Feeney’s cross goalbound, only to see his effort narrowly clear the crossbar.

Bolton’s pressure continued in a similar vein to the opening stages of the first half, with Ipswich virtually camped in the final third as they withstood a wave of attacks from the hosts.

The Tractor Boys were slowly creeping forward however on the hour mark, although they weren’t getting close enough to have any real sight of goal.

Yet again, frustration was the overriding emotion out there on the field, with Bolton giving everything for a vocal home crowd.

Wanderers made their first change of the game with a quarter of the clash remaining, with Gary Madine replacing Trotter as Lennon looked for added presence upfront as his side chased the match.

Despite struggling to even trouble the Bolton defence for the majority of the second period however, Town doubled their lead with 19 minutes to go as Rachubka lost his balance under pressure, with Berra heading home a free-kick at the far post.

The deficit was halved just 60 seconds later however, with Wilson drilling home from distance for his first goal in Bolton colours to give the Whites hope of salvaging a result.

An equaliser looked to have arrived in the 77th minute as Feeney’s cross eluded everyone and found Clough, but the youngster put his header straight at the keeper to his own dismay.

As the clock ran down, tempers began to flare with Jay Spearing receiving a booking for a late challenge while Tommy Smith saw a diving header go just wide for Ipswich.

With the full time whistle nearing, Bolton threw men forward in their numbers looking to force home an equaliser and when six minutes of additional time were indicated, Wellington Silva was introduced in a final roll of the dice.

In the 96th minute of the game however, Wanderers secured a deserved point from the penalty spot as Wellington was fouled in the box, with Dobbie slotting home from 12 yards to earn a share of the spoils with virtually the last kick of the match.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum