Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

16/17

+11
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

116/17 Empty 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 11:03

So this season isn't even over yet. And yes a lot can happen between now and the start of the next season. But does anyone think we will come straight back up? Relegated again? Mid table?

216/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 11:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we won't come back up i don't think, it will be a struggle again next season unless we find a manager who can find us some gems that cost nothing. We will have to play a lot of the young players and it may take them a while to adapt to league 1

I would guess mid to lower table but it all depends on who we get as manager really

316/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 11:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:So this season isn't even over yet. And yes a lot can happen between now and the start of the next season. But does anyone think we will come straight back up?  Relegated again? Mid table?

:facepalm:

416/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 11:39

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:So this season isn't even over yet. And yes a lot can happen between now and the start of the next season. But does anyone think we will come straight back up?  Relegated again? Mid table?

:facepalm:

Whats your beef knackerless ned

516/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 11:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you should start a 2033/34 thread - it would have the same relevance.

616/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 11:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

stop being a pain, of course it's relevant. The season is nearly over and August will be here before we know it

716/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:07

No bollocks strikes again.

Let's re hash a 09/10 thread then. That's more your style

816/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Phil Brown will bring us some silverware next season.

916/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:24

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I reckon the best we can hope for is mid table at best. I don't think we'll be bringing in rafts of new players so if the team is similar to the one we have this season they'll need to up their game to achieve it. Promotion is highly unlikely.

1016/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:stop being a pain, of course it's relevant. The season is nearly over and August will be here before we know it

We don't know who will be manager, who will be in the squad, and who will be in League 1 with us.

It's like asking Johnny what he's having for breakfast on 17th August. You know it'll be food, but that's about it.

1116/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:I think Phil Brown will bring us some silverware next season.
Fork or knife? Perhaps a spoon?

1216/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we will be right in the mix for relegation next season. We will be relegated by some distance if Jimmy P is given the job.

1316/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It really all depends on what financial situation the club is in.

As I understand it (I might be wrong though) a wage limit for the squad based on income kicks in, in the third division BUT relegated clubs have an exclusion for a year to get their finances in to order to achieve it.

From what the press has led us to believe we will have loads of vastly paid players on our books that need to be shifted but I guess we could keep them for this one extra year IF we go for bouncing back immediately to the Championship.

However using this strategy would put us again in big debt - that I can't see how we could get out of other than promotion again the following season to the Premier or selling everything not nailed down.

If we however got rid of all the overpaid underperforming players we can do for next season and not bring in any replacements in order to keep the costs down then unless we find inspiration from somewhere I simply see us struggling again - a bit like Blackpool have.

I think yesterdays result might open the eyes of one or two in that the youngsters are simply just not good enough to get us out of the mess we find ourselves in and we will need at least a few experienced players at this level brought in to help them plus a manager who actually knows how to get the best from players and is able to out fox our opponents - not like every numb nuts we have had since Allardyce left.

Hard to believe how quickly we pissed away the Allardyce era.

1416/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 13:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The team is likely to include a lot of the current personnel because of their contracts and I don't think they are good enough to come back up when they keep making as many errors as they do. The defence in particular needs organising so the new manager needs to have the ability to motivate and discipline the prima donnas. Wheater will be gone and Holding may well go so we may be short at the back if Finney isn't ready to play as well as impotent up front. Midfield is probably OK for L1 but we need at least 3, possibly 4 players in key positions to compete for the title and we can't afford to buy them and the kids in those positions don't seem ready. I see a season of treading water ahead whilst we wait for the big contracts to wind down. Unfortunately, I don't think Deano has the finance in place to replace the current high earners so the longer term view remains bleak - but at least we still exist, just.

1516/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 13:12

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:stop being a pain, of course it's relevant. The season is nearly over and August will be here before we know it

We don't know who will be manager, who will be in the squad, and who will be in League 1 with us.

It's like asking Johnny what he's having for breakfast on 17th August. You know it'll be food, but that's about it.

Wrong. I have a smoothie for breakfast

1616/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 13:16

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:The team is likely to include a lot of the current personnel because of their contracts and I don't think they are good enough to come back up when they keep making as many errors as they do. The defence in particular needs organising so the new manager needs to have the ability to motivate and discipline the prima donnas. Wheater will be gone and Holding may well go so we may be short at the back if Finney isn't ready to play as well as impotent up front. Midfield is probably OK for L1 but we need at least 3, possibly 4 players in key positions to compete for the title and we can't afford to buy them and the kids in those positions don't seem ready. I see a season of treading water ahead whilst we wait for the big contracts to wind down. Unfortunately, I don't think Deano has the finance in place to replace the current high earners so the longer term view remains bleak - but at least we still exist, just.
Interesting that for the past few years, it was second half of the season loanees who saved our skin from relegation. This year, it is noted, there are no loanees saving us during the second half of the year, but it is a loan to SS that is barely keeping us afloat. 

Had management spent an additional £2,000,000 (contract and purchase), we probably could have stayed up.  The truth is poor management which relegated us... no relegation clauses in contracts and making Lennon deal with scraps who no one else wanted.  Of course we overpaid for the scraps, and we have done poorly in buying and selling.  Only our management could buy high and sell low... or wait too long for players to move on. 

Now the future is in the hands of a loan... not very promising, but hopefully there is patience before profit.

1716/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 14:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think the plan since Preston has been to just write this season off.

That's fine except plenty of already disillusioned people have still got four matches paid for on a direct debit.

What a way to get what's left of the fanbase onside.

After yesterday, I don't know where any points are going to come from at all. I'd have certainly predicted a defeat a couple weeks ago, but never a total annihilation.

1816/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 18:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We'll go down again. The new owners don't have a pot to urinate in and there's no way a manager will be able to even think about rebuilding the squad because too many of our guys are on ridiculous wages they won't get elsewhere so will sit out their contracts here. 

Assuming we can get someone to actually come in and manage the team at all it will be either someone who can't get a manager's job anywhere else or it'll be someone who comes in after the board lies through its teeth about what he'll have to do the job with. In other words, new board, same garbage.

1916/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 18:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:We'll go down again. The new owners don't have a pot to urinate in and there's no way a manager will be able to even think about rebuilding the squad because too many of our guys are on ridiculous wages they won't get elsewhere so will sit out their contracts here. 

Assuming we can get someone to actually come in and manage the team at all it will be either someone who can't get a manager's job anywhere else or it'll be someone who comes in after the board lies through its teeth about what he'll have to do the job with. In other words, new board, same garbage.

Yawn

2016/17 Empty Re: 16/17 Sun Mar 20 2016, 19:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Embarrassing post.

Put a sock in it you depressing bellend. Has Wendy been shagging the milkman again?

There will be a list as long as your arm to manage our club, we are still a huge name in the world of football and the ego in many managers will make them think they're the ones to awaken the sleeping giant.

Call yourself a fan? Fuck off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum