Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton First team in training

+7
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Norpig
FullofSprite
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton First team in training Empty Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 18:30

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Looks far too relaxed to me. Mark Davies looks anonymous, whilst Spearing working hard. Trotter looks good in training and Madine looks good too

Not sure what happened to the woolly hat rule?

2Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 18:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they should have been made to run through Bolton town centre naked , followed by a spell in the stocks on the town hall steps after Saturday  Mad

Why was Spearing so happy as well? Can't play but does he care? Just keeping counting the cash eh Jay?

3Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 19:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why are we being overseen by Woody Allen?

4Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 19:14

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:they should have been made to run through Bolton town centre naked , followed by a spell in the stocks on the town hall steps after Saturday  Mad

Why was Spearing so happy as well? Can't play but does he care? Just keeping counting the cash eh Jay?
There's some stock in Horwich isn't there?

5Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 21:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why's Peter Reid dressed like my nan

6Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 21:25

Are we actually paying Reid or is this all part of some care in the community thing, done in conjunction with Age Concern and Bolton At Home?

He looks like he doesn't know where he is or what day it is.

"What do you think, Peter?"

"Is that my grandson....? You know.....thingy's boy....the one with the hair........Is it soup today....?"

7Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 22:09

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boggersbelief wrote:Why's Peter Reid dressed like my nan
Yes you'd think it was minus 10 out there, when it's been one of the warmer days

8Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 22:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Notice how they are always doing that short passes in tight spaces drill.

I assume this is to encourage short quick passing and movement in games.

funny how the shortest pass you ever see (apart from obviously back to the keeper) is about 60 yards in a game.

9Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 23:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They actually look half decent and show good touches and finishing in that.

10Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Tue Mar 22 2016, 23:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:They actually look half decent and show good touches and finishing in that.
I was a world beater in training back in the day, that's because my team mates didn't tackle me like the other teams did, same thing there.

11Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Wed Mar 23 2016, 13:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What was noticeable for me was that the first team are training separately and yet there's seems to be no effort to start integrating many youth players who may well need to step up next season. In particular I'm thinking of Alex Finney who must surely be a starting CB once Wheater and Holding have left and also any more promising forwards who need game time at a senior level. 
I can't see what is to gained by playing the same players - other than to put the ones still in contract in the shop window because we can't afford to pay them. But playing those that are leaving in a matter of weeks make no sense to me.

12Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Wed Mar 23 2016, 13:21

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought the season had finished?

13Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Wed Mar 23 2016, 13:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I thought the season had finished?
I reckon Deano, Jimmy and Reidy harbour this vain notion that if we take one game at a time and start to string a few wins together, survival is till a possibility.

Which is presumably why there doesn't seem to be much innovation in training.

But for the rest of us survival isn't going to happen so we should use our remaining games in the Championship to blood talent, especially in positions where we know players are leaving.

14Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Wed Mar 23 2016, 14:39

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Would you really feel inspired by grey-shrouded Reidy? He's not the most dynamic of characters and he left the club 34 years ago. 

Surely having someone a bit more recent in there might have been better, Super Kev for example, I bet he'd have been willing to come in and help out a bit.

15Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Wed Mar 23 2016, 15:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect most of these players think they are better than Super Kev, Peter Reid, Jimmy and Dean Holdsworth. 

Obviously some of them are better than Deano but their not fit to lace any of the others reebok classics. 

the problem with modern football is respect and the distinct lack of it.

16Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Wed Mar 23 2016, 16:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Obviously some of them are better than Deano but their not fit to lace any of the others reebok classics. 

We don't have any players better than Deano.

17Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Thu Mar 24 2016, 15:45

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

We don't have any players better than Deano.
Very rare event alert: I'm in complete agreement with Nat. 

Dean Holdsworth was actually pretty good, his miss against Villa is what he's best remembered for here and that's a shame because he did play quite well for us most of the time.

18Bolton First team in training Empty Re: Bolton First team in training Thu Mar 24 2016, 22:39

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Numpty 28723 wrote:Would you really feel inspired by grey-shrouded Reidy? He's not the most dynamic of characters and he left the club 34 years ago. 

Surely having someone a bit more recent in there might have been better, Super Kev for example, I bet he'd have been willing to come in and help out a bit.
Then there would be nobody with any management experience whatsoever. What good would that do? The experienced ones don't need inspiring, they need a rocket up them. The youngsters should be inspired by those around them.

Super Kev hasn't got his coaching badges yet, and you're not supposed to be appointed unless you have them. This is the "Super Kev" who wasn't prolific himself when he was playing.

The inspiration that we really need is a midfield creator and a goal scorer - neither of which we have had all season

The problem isn't the manager and never has been, other their dubious buys that is. Problem is players on large contracts with years to end, who were never any good in the first place, e.g. Mark Davies, Darren Prattley etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum