Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team training in Spain - VIDEO

+5
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Triumph
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 00:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Really useful for when we are playing at Barnsley on a wet, cold, November evening.

£135 million in debt and we still pamper the little darlings - oh well.

2Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:12

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its what pro footballers expect these days, perks of the trade?

3Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't look very intense does it?

4Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 10:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks like Keith Andrews is fit again!

5Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 10:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:It looks like Keith Andrews is fit again!

He never ran around that much when he was playing!

6Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 11:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At least they are trying to pass a ball 5 yards to each other ....that's somat.  cheers

7Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 12:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They train in those temps to improve their stamina, but any excuse for a dig.

8Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 13:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:They train in those temps to improve their stamina, but any excuse for a dig.

£135 million plus in debt.

Don't have the money to buy players.

Our very own state of the art training ground in Euxton.

Middle of July and England basking in a heat wave.

I know - why don't we take all the players (many of them millionaires) and staff on an all expenses paid week to Spain to build up their stamina.

Football as long since lost touch with reality.

9Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 13:32

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:They train in those temps to improve their stamina, but any excuse for a dig.

I know - why don't we take all the players (many of them millionaires) and staff on an all expenses paid week to Spain to build up their stamina.

I agree... we should have a Nuts trip to watch over this.  Maybe you should send at least 2 of us on the forum to make sure the team is working hard.  Come to think about it, maybe all of us should join them!

10Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5 minutes ago on SKY:

Middlesbrough boss Tony Mowbray claims to have no intention of trying to bring David Wheater back to the club. Mowbray has said of the link to Wheater: ""I don't know anything about that, I don't know where that's come from.”

Thank f*** for that!
Seeing as Dougie seems intent on sticking with most of the players, they're probably in Spain hiding.

11Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 14:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I'm not going to worry about it to be honest.

I couldn't care less if they trained in a village hall.

worse things in the world.

Bolton fans will simply find any excuse to moan though, I've observed that much.

no doubt if they stayed home someone would be saying "our rivals are off on warm weather training and were at home, cheap wankers"

12Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 14:22

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

At this time of year most professional clubs get away for intensive training and team bonding sessions. Getting away from the distractions of home enables them to focus. Yes one can do this in the UK but finding a decent hotel with equivalent facilities is most certainly a more expensive option than travel abroad. The club debt factor is a red herring as the debt belongs to Eddie. How is he going to call in the debt other than to sell up to a rich benefactor who in the current recession doesn't exist.
It's disappointing to see that some posters on here simply choose any opportunity to moan.No

13Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 15:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Barryjw wrote:At this time of year most professional clubs get away for intensive training and team bonding sessions. Getting away from the distractions of home enables them to focus. Yes one can do this in the UK but finding a decent hotel with equivalent facilities is most certainly a more expensive option than travel abroad. The club debt factor is a red herring as the debt belongs to Eddie. How is he going to call in the debt other than to sell up to a rich benefactor who in the current recession doesn't exist.
It's disappointing to see that some posters on here simply choose any opportunity to moan.No

I'm still waiting for anybody to explain to me how Eddie Davies who has an estimated wealth of £40 million (2011/12) has managed to invest £125 millon of HIS money into the club (£10 million coming from bank loans)?

66. Eddie Davies £40m

Unusually for a Premier League club owner, Eddie Davies is both British and publicity-shy. He leaves the running of Bolton Wanderers to chairman Phil Gartside, and although the club is well-run, it's not a cheap deal. Burnden Leisure, Bolton's parent, turned in an £35.4m loss on £61.7m sales in 2009-10.

Davies is a lifelong Wanderers fan but is certainly not in the Abramovich league. He has put £90m into the club and it still has £10m of debts. Davies made his fortune from Strix, the Isle of Man-based manufacturer of thermostat controls for kettles where he became involved in the early 1980s. He chaired the fast-growing operation until it was taken over by a private equity buyer in 2005 for £300m. Davies' 30% stake was worth around £90m as a result. After his hefty spending on Bolton, we cut Davies back to £40m this year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 15:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think they should have waited for Rhodes to join the party so he could have had the benefit of bonding with his new teammates too.

15Team training in Spain - VIDEO Empty Re: Team training in Spain - VIDEO Wed Jul 10 2013, 16:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

As long as we get promoted next season they can train in my garden for all I care.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum