Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BP mania.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1BP mania. Empty BP mania. Fri Jun 22 2012, 22:13

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This started after I had to look after a rich client of the woman I work for, he was over from the states for a week and I had to look after him ,drive him about make sure he didn't,t get into trouble . Take him to night clubs, meetings and arrange female company .Basically a minding job. Anyway he was a real nice bloke for a yank ,he certainly didn't,t need minding he was fitter than me!! He never stopped going on about the need to to take care of yourself asking me what I ate and what I should eat . Your body is precious jake don't put shit in it was all I heard every day. He had heart monitors and blood pressure monitors and pulse monitors and he used them all the time a right fanatic . We had to jog early morning and he,d check everything and write it down. He began to educate me about the right food and drinks. Anyway he gave me a present of all the English money he had left when he went home and told me to buy some monitors, so I bought a BP monitor . Worst thing I could have done now I'm doing it daily up to eight times a day and if it gets high I can't sleep and worry about it. I looked it up on the net and it is a common phobia now. I wish I had not bought it, I even go into chemists and get it done in case mine is faulty. I even went to the docs who laughed at me for being like this. Anyway my reading is generally around 103 / 64 which I'm told is that of a teenager ,but I still worry about that reading.I need to stop the doc told me but it's not easy any one else have a similar problem?

2BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Fri Jun 22 2012, 22:19

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Unless you feel any palpitations or discomfort during or after exercise, you have absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever.

I have very high blood pressure and have to regulate it with medication, so I know a bit about it.

Look at the table here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_hypertension

Your blood pressure is completely normal (anything below 119/79).

Get the BP monitor on eBay or get it out of your life in some other way, it's giving you OCD.

3BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 00:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I used to get palpitations thru stress but the doc said every body gets missed beats or extra beats and not to worry. Then I went into A fib one night and had to be zapped back into sinus which lasted for two years then I had a few bouts of it which were debilitating could hardly walk, so I had an ablation 3 years ago which worked thankfully the docs put it down to drink over the years. I need to lose weight tho now as I'm 16st and 6-2 with BMI of 38 which the doc said shed it now it should be 20 not 38 thats a lot over , he said I should get down to 13 st seems a bit too much to me I,d be a stick man.

4BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 01:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But you know, rationally, checking your blood pressure every 5 minutes is a complete waste of time, particularly when you have healthy blood pressure. It's just a cycle of compulsive behaviour you have got yourself into.

If you were your ideal weight would you keep weighing yourself?

Trust your doctor, go and see him every 3 months and let him worry about your health. It's what he is paid to do.

Stick the BP thing on eBay and donate the proceeds to the British Heart Foundation.

5BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 02:25

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Good advice LH, also decided from tomorrow to drink only water and juice and crash diet it's the only way to lose weight . People tell me not to do that but I reckon if you eat a lot and pile the weight on it then it figures that if you eat hardly anything then the weight will fall off . I was thinking porridge and banana once a day for two months. Should shift at least two stone.

6BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 03:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not one to give dietary advice, but if you are going to go down that starvation route, buy some cucumber and celery. Your body burns more calories chewing and digesting them than is actually in them. Personally I love cucumber but can't stand celery - I don't know how people can eat it.

7BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 10:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love celery. I put it in a pint pot with cold water and whenever I feel peckish I peel off a stick and sprinkle on a dash of salt. It is a great appetite suppressant and good for you as well.

8BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 13:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The only veg I like are baked beans,butter beans,and asparagus.cucumber makes me belch and celery puke.

9BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

AD, as a recipient of all sorts of ailments, making me an 'at risk' patient, can I say that the first thing you need to do, is eat less. Not easy, but reduce the amount you eat. It doesn't matter in the beginning what you eat, just cut it down. I would carry on taking your blood pressure, but only if you intend taking the result to your GP, otherwise there's no point. Once you've come down to a more 'acceptabel' BMI, then you can address your various concerns, if they are still there. If you peg it in the process, can I have your car? Very Happy

10BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are what we eat. The health authorities go on about having a balanced diet. In America a balanced diet means having a double cheeseburger, one in each hand.

11BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True, so I suggest AD cuts it down to a single cheeseburger in each hand initially. Very Happy

12BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is impossible to get fat if you eat sensibly and get regular exercise. There is no excuse for gluttony.

13BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Small steps, gloswhite. Initially he should cut down to a double cheeseburger in one hand and a double hamburger in the other, sacrificing cheese in the first instance. After a year of that, we can review it and look at maybe cutting one of the 1/4 lb beef patties on one of the burgers in half, but putting the cheese back to partly compensate. Small steps.

14BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Ok, I was rushing it, sorry lads.

15BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:It is impossible to get fat if you eat sensibly and get regular exercise. There is no excuse for gluttony.

Jesus, not this again. I've never come across anyone who looks down their noses at fat people as much as you do. Some people like their food, get over it.

16BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:38

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've been thinking about RT's pathological hatred of fatties and I think a fat girl sat on his face once and would not get off, and he couldn't shift her. He is traumatised.

Last edited by largehat on Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:38; edited 1 time in total

17BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like my food but I wouldn't describe myself as a fat bastard. If you are incapable of cutting down on the calories do not blame it on me..

18BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I loved my food until I started on my latest diabetes medication, but now can't be arsed to eat, to the point that i'm more likely to go hypo than ever before, (but I am losing weight Very Happy )

19BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Carrots, Avocado Pear, Celery, etc etc will not make you fat. You cannot get fat on a sensible diet. Largehat is cleverer than me so he might tell you otherwise but I have always believed that you can always eat whatever come out of the ground and whatever eats what comes out of the ground.

20BP mania. Empty Re: BP mania. Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I just think that when people are fat it's not always a case of "they are a glutton". Some people are fat because they don't have access to healthy food, or because they have emotional problems, or because they have a physical impairment that stops them exercising regularly, some fat people are even fat for medical reasons. You don't know people's individual circumstances. Nobody wakes up one day and decides they are going to eat everything in sight.

Like for example if two fat people have a child and that child has a poor diet, chances are that child will be fat for life.

You see a lot of wheelchair bound people who are fat.

It's a cultural thing, we live in a society where junk food is marketed at children, people who don't have much money buy convenience food, etc. It's society's problem in many cases, so when you say there's no excuse for gluttony, I don't think you're touching the sides of the wider problem, which is growing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum