Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Starting X1 in August?

+3
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Starting X1 in August? Empty Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 00:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Where we are in August is anyones guess, but if everything pans out rightly we should be looking at the kids.
                                         Campbell
                               White Derick Holding  Threlkeld
                            Woolery Trotter Danns Walker
                                    Clough Samizedeh.

Should be enough to compete in league 1.

2Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 00:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Campbell is nowhere near ready and Walker never will be, that kid is useless. White won't be coming back either. And I expect Phil Brown will bring some of south ends better players with him. Especially Barnett seeing as we are so poor up front

3Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 12:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Campbell is nowhere near ready and Walker never will be, that kid is useless. White won't be coming back either. And I expect Phil Brown will bring some of south ends better players with him. Especially Barnett seeing as we are so poor up front
With what do you expect Phil to bring better players in boggers? In fact what makes you think he'll even be here to begin with?

Not looking for a fight here but why would Phil even want the job under the current circumstances? And from what's in the public domain on our finances it doesn't look to me like any manager is going to be able to buy quality players for quite some time. I believe that some of the high earners are contracted until at least summer 2017 and I suspect we're going to lose some of our better kids to fund the wages. 

Agree with you on Campbell, not so sure you're right about Walker.

4Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 12:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Not looking for a fight here but why would Phil even want the job under the current circumstances?

Because Bolton are still a big club with huge potential. Every manager thinks they are brilliant and will be the one to awaken the sleeping giant.

5Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 12:21

Can't see us shifting Amos, so he'll start in goal. New contracts all depends on who the manager is, but we've been crying out for a good defensive midifielder since Muamba so I'd be keen to see if Threlkeld can carry on the good form he's shown at Plymouth since being moved there. Also makes no sense to let White walk considering how short we are for both full backs.

Too many questions to name a team at this point anyway, desperately need the high earners off but who's going to take them?

6Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 12:26

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Not looking for a fight here but why would Phil even want the job under the current circumstances?

Because Bolton are still a big club with huge potential. Every manager thinks they are brilliant and will be the one to awaken the sleeping giant.

When did you decide to go all "happy clappy" on us?

We're not a big club and we have very limited potential, as you well know.

If you're going to try and get some debate going, at least put some effort in and don't just talk utter bollocks.

7Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 12:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Nat this is one time I would genuinely love to agree with you but you're wrong. We're a small town club living in the shadow of massive local competition (ie in Manchester) and in close proximity to several other small town clubs like our own (eg Blackburn and Burnley).

Add in the financial circumstances, particularly the fact we are still under embargo and can't sign anyone at all and it's difficult if not impossible to see why any manager would really think a move from Southend to us would be an upward step at this moment ex-player or not. 

As a matter of interest would signing a manager for whom compensation would be due to his old club not breach the terms of the embargo we're under? Don't forget, we weren't allowed to sign Amoebi when he offered to play for free. 

My feeling is that certain signals have already been sent in Jimmy's recent press quotes. When OC and DF were relieved of duty he made it clear he did not want and never would want the job full time. However this time around he's changed that tune. I think (I'm not ITK and most definitely won't claim to be) that he may have been told by Dean and the new boys that we're not going to bring in anyone from outside. So as a loyal servant of the club he's now publicly saying he wants the job (whether he does or not) so that come the summer they can say he's got it and that gives them an ex-wanderer in the boardroom, another in the dugout and a certain amount of goodwill and patience from the fans they might not otherwise have should we start badly in League One.

8Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

If you're going to try and get some debate going, at least put some effort in and don't just talk utter bollocks.

We're not a Man Utd or Liverpool, but we are still a name. Despite the crap financial situation we still have a good ground with great facilities.

The potential is massive - if someone came in and got us out of League 1 they would be a hero.

9Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sat Apr 02 2016, 17:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

We're not a Man Utd or Liverpool, but we are still a name. Despite the crap financial situation we still have a good ground with great facilities.

The potential is massive - if someone came in and got us out of League 1 they would be a hero.

They'd be more than a hero, they'd be a fookin miracle worker, not beyond the realms of possibility, but highly unlikely with our finances.

10Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sun Apr 03 2016, 15:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our potential is very limited given our location and finances. Even when we were near the top of the premiership and playing in Europe with some of the finest players ever to grace an English pitch, we still didn't sell out every game and it's not the biggest stadium.

We just lost good money after bad to keep the illusion going.

Too many high earners still in contract so i expect more of them to be playing next year.

11Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sun Apr 03 2016, 17:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be averaging 15,000 when we're as awful as we are I think is pretty good.

We only averaged 14,000 or so the last time we got promoted, which makes you wonder if the fanbase has grown over the last 10-20 years.

Yes, we rarely filled the Reebok even when we had the likes of Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, etc but at that point we'd been a laughing stock for 20-30 years and too many people had already got settled watching United and Liverpool. Maybe now that the average 15-30 year old has grown up knowing Bolton as an established top tier side, the numbers would look a bit different if we ever got back to the Prem.

12Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Sun Apr 03 2016, 18:43

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Amos
White
Holding
Finney
Maher
Woolery
Danns
Trotter
Threlkeld
Madine
Clough

Survival at best

13Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Mon Apr 04 2016, 13:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:Amos
White
Holding
Finney
Maher
Woolery
Danns
Trotter
Threlkeld
Madine
Clough

Survival at best
At least five of those are out of contract in a few weeks so they won't be playing next season.

14Starting X1 in August? Empty Re: Starting X1 in August? Tue Apr 05 2016, 16:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

August 2016 Starting Eleven (4-4-2)

1: N O Handsonit

2: R S Hole     4: P S Taykor     5: I M Crappe          3: S H Italotte

7: N O Passit   6: C A N'tplaya   8: W O N'tplaya      11: N O Skillson

9: K N Ackered  10: I N Juryman

Manager: I M Outthedoor

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]