Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end of days ?

+8
Dunkels King
Sluffy
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Lancaster White
Reebok Trotter
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 18:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Jayjay, I've never found the need to make such things up, nor do I lie, and the examples I mentioned previously are for real. Just because you have either a closed mind, or little real-world exsperience, (son't mean you personally), doesn't mean that these things dont exist, or happen. People really shouldn't be so hasty to condemn such things.

Why do you describe people who doubt your fairy stories as "closed minded"? Perhaps if you said you'd seen something rational, people would be more "open" to it. What I'm saying is, there's a co-relation between people who are 'open' to spiritual happenings and those who claim to have experienced them. Why do you think this is?

82The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 18:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The one thing i don't respond well to is when middle aged women at work who live alone with 34 cats tell me they can "see my aura"

In future make sure your flies are closed.

83The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 18:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:No disrepect to Angry Dad in particular, but when people tell me they've seen a ghost, I automatically think "bullshit". I'd have to see one myself to believe they exist, no amount of empirical evidence will convince me they exist.
I did not say I saw a ghost LH what i saw was a real live monk going about his duties in the monastery which I suspect still exists .He was carrying a hot pot of either water or broth from the kitchen area to the eating area he was using a thick stick so as not to burn his hands. I don't believe in ghosts of the boo type I suspect the past present future exist as one..If anyone is interested I could tell you about the 1950,s London bus that came through a house still on its route complete with passengers or the girl who wanted me out of her house she still occupied or the devout catholic old lady who told me when you die you go to god straight away, but she did not leave her house when she died and scared the shit out of a holiday couple who rented it,thing is what they told me they couldn't,t know about but I knew the lady and I knew she was still there.

84The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 19:07

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OK, I accept you're not happy with my use of the word 'ghost', but I'm talking about when people say they've seen ghosts, apparitions, spectres of the past, ethereal presences, visions of the dead, visions of people living beyond the grave or however you would phrase it. I don't believe anyone who says they've seen a bus pass through a building, though I respect their right to believe they've seen it. I'm just not convinced.

85The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 19:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True Story.

My wife was always extremely cynical about Ghosts or anything to do with the paranormal and dismissed it all as nonsense.

In 2003 she had been shopping with her mum and dad in Stretford Arndale. On driving out of the multi story car park her dad had a massive seizure while still on the car park. My wife leaned across from the passenger seat and managed to steer the car to one side and switched off the car engine. On searching in her handbag for her mobile phone she realised she had left it at home.

In an absolute panic she ran out of the car and saw a pale faced woman dressed totally in black. My wife ran to her and asked her if she a mobile phone she could borrow. The woman simply said, ' I don't have a phone but she does.' The woman in black pointed to another woman walking across the other side of the car park. My wife ran to her and borrowed her mobile phone to call 999. On going back to the car the woman in black had vanished. My wife asked her mother what had happened to her and her mother replied, ' What woman, I never saw any woman.'

It turned out afterwards that her father had had a massive aneurysm and didn't make it alive off the car park. By the time the ambulance arrived it was too late.

To this day my wife is convinced that the woman in black was the angel of death. The thing that gives it some credence is that any normal person would go to offer assistance if someone told them their father was having a heart attack, or even stay with them for support until the ambulance arrived.

The lady with the mobile did stay with my wife and her mum but she said she never saw the woman in black either.

To this day it still gives my wife the shivers whenever she thinks about it.

86The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 19:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thats a scary story RT, sure there was an explanation but at times like that your mind is hardly in one place. Harrowing indeed.

this is a story i posted on BA years ago when a similar thread came up.

my mate at school lived across from this abandoned Garden Centre, we were like 14 at the time and we used to play football up against this fence with the centre behind.

had like 2 long abandoned greenhouses. Kicked the ball over there one night and went over to get it - wandered into the greenhouses to check them out for a laugh and could hear sort of cracking noises like stones being hit together just every few seconds but rhythmic.

got shíte scared legged it over the fence and back to his garden path then looked over my shoulder back toward the fence and i could see this figure just head and shoulders standing above the fence total silhouette. We both saw it.

being kids we wacked this tape recorder over the fence and under a load of leaves overnight and then listened to it back there was the stone cracks again and what sounded like someone picking it up and breathing into it and putting it back down.

fcuk knows what it was but if it was just a random they would have had to find this tape recorder under a load of leaves in a tiny corner.

87The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 19:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I once saw what I thought was a ghostly looking woman in a restaurant. I didn't have the balls to approach so I just took a picture.

The end of days ? - Page 5 111s65u

88The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 19:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guess when reality is that strange you hardly need mention the paranormal.

89The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 20:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I wouldn't,t say to someone who says they saw whatever it was I don't believe you ,because I was not there to verify it either way so if I did that I would be basically calling he or she a liar with no basis to do so. If someone told me about some event they had experienced i would certainly not say I believe you think you saw that ,I see that as condescending. Also I find the attitude that because I don't believe it you are telling fairy stories very arrogant. I keep an open mind to everything .

90The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 20:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

with regards to the paranormal - I try to believe that I am not a believer but then certain things can happen which more than likely has a normal reasoning but at night its does seem creepy such as flashing lights in a darkened room - curtains are shut, nothing shining through but the lights flash around the room. or starnge bumps and creaks within the apartment, considering the floors are concrete!!!

91The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 22:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:Also I find the attitude that because I don't believe it you are telling fairy stories very arrogant. I keep an open mind to everything .

You're absolutely right to. I was attempting to WUM gloswhite with that phrase, but he's not taken me on.

92The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 22:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The morning my father died my brother and I took my mother to tell the rest of the family, the first we went to see was my mothers brother who visited my dad daily in the hospice (then on Hulton Lane) as he lived close by.

Well as you could imagine my mother was very deeply upset but when my uncle opened the door he said he knew my father had gone (not rocket science I thought with the three of us turning up early morning and my dad in the hospice).

He went on to tell us that in the night (around the time my dad died) he had the most vivid of dreams of seeing a long line of people, just moving along one of whom was my father who smiled and waved at him and carried on.

Personally I thought it was a load of bollocks - never said anything mind, - a fairly obvious dream to have in the circumstance perhaps - but my uncle said in all his years he never could recall his dreams but for this one.

My mother took it as a sign of my father saying goodbye - he died somewhat unexpectedly in the night - in fact my brother had unfortunately been sent home earlier as they had expected him to survive a little while longer than he did.

My uncle's dream had a really positive effect on my mam and gave her some form of peace and happiness considering the circumstances.

Not exactly a ghost story and not one I truly believe but I didn't doubt the sincerity of my uncle and it helped give my mother strength in her belief that my father did not slip away alone.

Getting on for 20 years ago now and I still miss him.

Life goes on.

93The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Wed Jun 27 2012, 01:06

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I absolutely do not believe any of that Derek Acora stuff I firmly believe its all a con.

94The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Wed Jun 27 2012, 02:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My Scouse mate does a great impression of Derek Acorah.

- Mary!
- Mary!
- Mary loves Dick!
- Mary loves Dick!
- Mary!

95The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Wed Jun 27 2012, 09:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH, just got back on here, and saw your comment about my 'fairy stories'. Was just about to have a rant, when I saw your other comment about winding me up. i must be losing it, as I nearly took the bait Smile

96The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Wed Jun 27 2012, 10:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I absolutely do not believe any of that Derek Acora stuff I firmly believe its all a con.

Agreed. If the dead could speak to the living surely they would contact their loved ones rather than some total ponce passing himself off as a medium.

If I popped my clogs and discovered I could still talk to the living, Derek Acorah would be the last person I would visit, other than to tell him to fuck off.

97The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Wed Jun 27 2012, 14:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

98The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Wed Jun 27 2012, 15:22

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When it comes to paranormal hotspots Bolton is well up there in the league table. There's the "Albion Hotel Bottom Grabber", the "Halliwell Lodge Suggestive Remark Maker" and the "Deane Road Blue Collar Worker" amongst other local ghosts and goolies.

http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/hotspots/bolton.php

99The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Wed Jun 27 2012, 15:54

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It gets scarier - in Blackpool even the Ghost Train is haunted.

"Clogger

Type: Haunting Manifestation

Date / Time: Unknown

Further Comments: The ghost train attraction is reportedly truly haunted by an entity known as Clogger. He was a former fairground worker who always wore clogs, and his footwear can be heard still echoing down the dark passageways. The Alice ride home to a phantom hanging man, while the 'tunnel of love' is also said to be haunted, this time by a blood stained woman."

You'd be wanting your money back. Or would you? It's a fricking legal nightmare.

100The end of days ? - Page 5 Empty Re: The end of days ? Wed Jun 27 2012, 16:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty, you may have inadvertently created another cottage industry with your musings. How about ' Paranormal Lawyers For You'

Have you ever been the victim of a poltergeist ? Where you injured by being hit with an inanimate object ? Do you suffer from unwanted visits from members of the spirit world ? If so, call us now. etc etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum