Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Beckham SNUBBED for Olympic team?!

+6
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Well done SP. Beckham left England 5rys ago to go and live in Hollywood. Why does he think he can just walk back into a British olyimpic team.

I copied this from a comment in todays Guardian, the poster put's it better than I can.

'Beckham has been indulged enough by England, from picking him when he clearly wasn't fit to letting him take the team's penalties (despite the fact he'd never taken them at club level and we had at least two players in the squad who regularly took them in Gerrard and Lampard) to serving him up five minute courtesy caps at the end of matches.

His ambition at that stage was painfully clear - break Shilton's record, release a "Beckham 126" range of Adidas products. If he'd genuinely cared about the England team he'd have retired from it years before, he'd become a distraction and a hindrance both on the pitch and off it'.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yesbutno wrote:Well done SP. Beckham left England 5rys ago to go and live in Hollywood. Why does he think he can just walk back into a British olyimpic team.

I copied this from a comment in todays Guardian, the poster put's it better than I can.

'Beckham has been indulged enough by England, from picking him when he clearly wasn't fit to letting him take the team's penalties (despite the fact he'd never taken them at club level and we had at least two players in the squad who regularly took them in Gerrard and Lampard) to serving him up five minute courtesy caps at the end of matches.

His ambition at that stage was painfully clear - break Shilton's record, release a "Beckham 126" range of Adidas products. If he'd genuinely cared about the England team he'd have retired from it years before, he'd become a distraction and a hindrance both on the pitch and off it'.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think it's a fair decision - Beckham's had his time and people like Giggs deserve their moment in the spotlight.
(Sadly we won't get the chance to see a repeat of that little girlie kick thing like he did against Diego Simeone but there you go).

The good news is the Ladies Hockey squad has just been announced:
David Beckham SNUBBED for Olympic team?! - Page 2 Spice-Girls-Set-To-Reunite

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Table Tennis squad revealed:
David Beckham SNUBBED for Olympic team?! - Page 2 Bolton-kit-2012-131-678x500

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Modern Pentathlon

David Beckham SNUBBED for Olympic team?! - Page 2 _40867275_liverpoolfans203

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Read in today's Independent that Lord Smug is considering giving the job of carrying the flag and leading the British team into the arena at the opening ceremony to Beckham. This would be an outrage, a massive insult to all British Olympians past and present who have given their lives to their sport, most of them amateurs not being paid the millions that have come Beckham's way. Daly Thomson would be my choice with Beckham nowhere to be seen.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, I agree that it would be inappropriate in the extreme for Beckham to once again get the spotlight, he's not even associated with a major Olympic sport or competed in the Olympics, but no, I'd ask Steve Redgrave rather than Daley Thompson.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Please, this cannot be true about Beckham. The thought of him carrying the flag and grinning and waving to the crowd makes me feel a bit sick. Has this man not had enough glory and adulation thrown at him.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Our Dave is still in a mood about not getting picked and had a bit of a barney with the San Jose Earthquakes players and their version of Lofty, "Q", (aka another face you'd like to slap).

https://youtu.be/OG8f5vv64v0

David Beckham SNUBBED for Olympic team?! - Page 2 448px-Q_at_Galaxy_at_Earthquakes_2010-08-21_1

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like that Galaxy Kit very very nice.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Was thinking that myself - swap the blue stripe for the orange blob and sorted.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never watched an MLS game in my life but 4-3? I wonder how common that is, might be worth a look.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

TBF he scored a classic Beckham free kick in the same game but no wonder the guy gets miffed sometimes - even the MLS shop's dissing him.
http://www.mlsgear.com/14712.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum