Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle sacked again!

+20
xmiles
rammywhite
terenceanne
Keegan
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
Norpig
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
scottjames30
bryan458
Boggersbelief
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:38

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They aren't even going to give him a chance.  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

32Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The enthusiasm for Coyle knows no bounds!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

33Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:40

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Don't go spare Sluffy but I hope you won't mind mentioning Footymad to Mr Pig in this context. It won't challenge nuts but is a useful portal to many clubs as you are aware. 

Nearly all clubs have a forum in the "footymad" group. Here's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to the Wanderers version of the forum (some members post on here) but if you register for footymad, you register for all club sites and they can all be accessed from the drop down menu. Sign in once and you can skip straight to Stirling Albion's chat (formerly Bino's Banter) for example. Or Blackburn. Some are completely unused and get a new post every month or so, but a few are busy and worth a look. Blackburn and Burnley are active - ask Copper....Smile

Burnley have got a new one since January, if you weren't aware that is Wanderlust.

34Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Don't go spare Sluffy but I hope you won't mind mentioning Footymad to Mr Pig in this context. It won't challenge nuts but is a useful portal to many clubs as you are aware. 

Nearly all clubs have a forum in the "footymad" group. Here's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to the Wanderers version of the forum (some members post on here) but if you register for footymad, you register for all club sites and they can all be accessed from the drop down menu. Sign in once and you can skip straight to Stirling Albion's chat (formerly Bino's Banter) for example. Or Blackburn. Some are completely unused and get a new post every month or so, but a few are busy and worth a look. Blackburn and Burnley are active - ask Copper....Smile

Burnley have got a new one since January, if you weren't aware that is Wanderlust.

I'll check it out. Saw your comments on Rovers board Stan. Is that your flag on "Turfites Talk"? Seems everyone is pleased about the appointment. Gutted to discover Stirling's site has finally died. Sad

35Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 14:06

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes it's my flag.  Smile

It was me who came up with the name Turfites Talk as well.  Cool

I don't use that board much now as it's full of negative boring dummies. The Editor is also a bloody lunatic, a different lunatic to the last one though.

36Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 14:30

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I feel for the guy to be honest because he isn't a bad guy but he's getting it worse than Megson did here, when things are going well he can get the best out of people but when they start to slide he has no plan B. Given that things over there look bad to start with I fear for him.

37Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 15:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:They aren't even going to give him a chance.  Very Happy

131 signatures and counting  Very Happy

I can see a Megson style booing of Coyle coming in his first game in charge, which is harsh as he's a lovely man just not a good manager

38Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 16:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It'd be stupid to say he's incapable of doing a good job there.

Whatever ultimately happened at Bolton and Burnley, there was a period of at least a year in each case where the fans were well happy with the job he was doing. The claim that he all but relegated Burnley is wildly inaccurate given he left them 14th in the Prem on the smallest budget in the division.

Like I said it's a crazy decision but by some combination of events it might not be the disaster they're all expecting.

39Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 17:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:do Blackburn have a Nuts style forum? 
Don't go spare Sluffy but I hope you won't mind mentioning Footymad to Mr Pig in this context. It won't challenge nuts but is a useful portal to many clubs as you are aware. 

Sorry, bit late to reply but I've never had a problem about naming other forums (even when I modded on previous forums before Nuts started) on the basis that I believe people probably know about the other forums existence anyway and if I had to censor mention of them I must be scared in someway that our forum isn't at least as good as theirs if not infinitely better!

It makes me laugh how some of the other sites even now pretend we don't exist and remove mention of our name - frightened their posters may find a better site than theirs no doubt!

I think the real reason for the 'censorship' is that the sites that do that are the sites that generate personal income to those respective site owners through the advertisements they carry on their sites whose payment is determined on the number of 'clicks' (viewers) the site gets per month.

So the loss of viewers (let alone posters) to another site will hurt them in their pocket.

I've never believed fellow fans should be 'exploited' for simply visiting a BWFC site to see the latest on the team and that is why we don't need to censor the name of any other forum on Nuts.

We try and make Nuts as good as we can and hope you enjoy it enough to keep coming back but we certainly don't try to hide from you that there are other BWFC forums out there if we aren't your particular cup of tea.

At least we are honest with you on here, we don't want you simply that we can make a few quid off the back of your visit like some do!

As for Coyle maybe he's got wiser with age and makes a success of himself at Blackburn but I just can't see it somehow, can you?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

40Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 18:06

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:It'd be stupid to say he's incapable of doing a good job there.

Whatever ultimately happened at Bolton and Burnley, there was a period of at least a year in each case where the fans were well happy with the job he was doing. The claim that he all but relegated Burnley is wildly inaccurate given he left them 14th in the Prem on the smallest budget in the division.

Like I said it's a crazy decision but by some combination of events it might not be the disaster they're all expecting.

It's wildly inaccurate due to the fact that he wasn't our manager when we were relegated.

It didn't help with a manager going nearly half way through a season and the players who were pencilled in to come to Burnley like Wilshere, Holden and the other one (can't remember his name) went with him.

Of course it was our next move in getting Brian Laws which sealed the relegation deal.

However Coyle was being found out (you know that famous non plan B that many Bolton fans have gone on about since) because we hadn't won for 9 games and 14th may look very good, but we were only 3 points from 2nd from bottom.

If it hadn't have been for a Blake beauty, a Jensen penalty save and an inept Sunderland side coming to the Turf (all early in the season) then we'd have been bottom and Bolton would probably not have come calling.

41Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 20:20

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:do Blackburn have a Nuts style forum? 
Don't go spare Sluffy but I hope you won't mind mentioning Footymad to Mr Pig in this context. It won't challenge nuts but is a useful portal to many clubs as you are aware. 

Sorry, bit late to reply but I've never had a problem about naming other forums (even when I modded on previous forums before Nuts started) on the basis that I believe people probably know about the other forums existence anyway and if I had to censor mention of them I must be scared in someway that our forum isn't at least as good as theirs if not infinitely better!

It makes me laugh how some of the other sites even now pretend we don't exist and remove mention of our name - frightened their posters may find a better site than theirs no doubt!

I think the real reason for the 'censorship' is that the sites that do that are the sites that generate personal income to those respective site owners through the advertisements they carry on their sites whose payment is determined on the number of 'clicks' (viewers) the site gets per month.

So the loss of viewers (let alone posters) to another site will hurt them in their pocket.

I've never believed fellow fans should be 'exploited' for simply visiting a BWFC site to see the latest on the team and that is why we don't need to censor the name of any other forum on Nuts.

We try and make Nuts as good as we can and hope you enjoy it enough to keep coming back but we certainly don't try to hide from you that there are other BWFC forums out there if we aren't your particular cup of tea.

At least we are honest with you on here, we don't want you simply that we can make a few quid off the back of your visit like some do!

As for Coyle maybe he's got wiser with age and makes a success of himself at Blackburn but I just can't see it somehow, can you?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My rocket league thread went down like a lead balloon (or kp behind bb on a saturday night)

Thanks anyway sluffy.  Its hard trying to get the word out there

42Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 20:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
My rocket league thread went down like a lead balloon (or kp behind bb on a saturday night)

I've tweeted this from the Nuts twitter account - hope it helps!

Anybody Nuts enough to take on our resident 'Rocket League' Champion? If you fancy your chances apply here losers!

Cool

43Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 20:43

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

I've tweeted this from the Nuts twitter account - hope it helps!

Anybody Nuts enough to take on our resident 'Rocket League' Champion? If you fancy your chances apply here losers!

Cool
Haha.  Cheers sluffy.  I have one member on the forum at the minute.  You play against people from all over the world.  Guess where he is from?  Manchester.

Anyway, hes been helping with the structure and design and stuff.  Ive been doing vids and putting them on youtube.  Still hard going though.  Think i will need a proper domain.

44Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 20:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The link I put up has been viewed 96 times and the link clicked on four times (Thanks BTID for telling me how to find such twitter stats out).

Post a link to your forum on the Rocket League thread if you want - you never know your luck!

(Hope you beat the Manc!).

45Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 20:58

Thanks sluffy.  Dont think i will be knicking many people from here Very Happy

Was hoping leeds would of been on, where is he?

46Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 23:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

I can see a Megson style booing of Coyle coming in his first game in charge, which is harsh as he's a lovely man just not a good manager

strangely his wife has signed the petition and added a comment...

47Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Fri Jun 03 2016, 09:12

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Norpig wrote:

strangely his wife has signed the petition and added a comment...
:rofl:

Just made this and put it on facebook

48Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Fri Jun 03 2016, 09:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote: Still hard going though.  Think i will need a proper domain.
And proper backroom staff. Razz

49Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Fri Jun 03 2016, 10:08

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ironically if he takes Blackburn down he will be instantly forgiven by all Burnley fans and become a bigger Bolton "legend" than ever.

50Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Fri Jun 03 2016, 11:54

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote: Still hard going though.  Think i will need a proper domain.
And proper backroom staff. Razz
I have "The Driver" he is enough for now, until he bans me Very Happy

You anchoring for an interview KP?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum