Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Top Tiers to stay open through the season

+4
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Norpig
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

All seating areas of Macron Stadium to remain open during home league games for upcoming season

Bolton Wanderers Football Club can confirm that all seating areas of Macron Stadium will remain open for all home league fixtures during the 2016/17 season.

The club does not underestimate how important season ticket seats are to our supporters in all areas of Macron Stadium. The club remains committed to retaining as many season ticket holders as possible for the 2016/17 campaign.

Supporters should be aware that the club’s matchday ticketing sales efforts will be focussed on trying to fill the lowers tiers to create the best atmosphere possible in the stadium.

In addition, the club can also confirm that the annual Select Your Seat day will take place on Sunday 3 July for season ticket holders wishing to relocate their seats. This day of exclusivity will be for those supporters who purchase their season tickets by June 30.

This will allow upper tier season ticket holders who have renewed the opportunity to relocate to the lower tier if they wish.

Season tickets are available to purchase at the club’s eTicketing website, over the phone by calling 0844 871 2932 or by visiting Bolton Central in person.

Dates for your diary

June 12: Early purchase deadline and 10-month Direct Debit sign-up deadline

June 30: Seat renewal deadline and 9-month Direct Debit sign-up deadline

July 1-3: Season ticket sales frozen

July 3: Select Your Seat day (Exclusive day for supporters who have purchased a season ticket and wish to relocate their seat)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boncey, Rammy and the rest of the flask and blanket brigade will be pleased  Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think they might sell 15k plus season tickets then, must've had a lot for them to reconsider .

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Boncey, Rammy and the rest of the flask and blanket brigade will be pleased  Very Happy
Very true. I can always bank on a decent kip in the WSU.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just sorted my ST. So far I'm the only one on the bloody row.

I'm sure it'll pick up. Shocked

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Boncey, Rammy and the rest of the flask and blanket brigade will be pleased  Very Happy
Very true. I can always bank on a decent kip in the WSU.

Thank you Mr.Pig for your concern. Tartan blanket and the hot flask will be ready for the kick off!!

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Had a look at the planner for ticket sales and there a massive number available with only the middle 2 sections in the East Lower anywhere near sold out. That also doesn't include seats that will be released when existing holders don't renew which will show as unavailable at the moment as they are reserved. 
Hopefully when a manager is announced and the embargo lifted people will start to feel a bit more positive and want to get involved again.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:Had a look at the planner for ticket sales and there a massive number available with only the middle 2 sections in the East Lower anywhere near sold out. That also doesn't include seats that will be released when existing holders don't renew which will show as unavailable at the moment as they are reserved. 
Hopefully when a manager is announced and the embargo lifted people will start to feel a bit more positive and want to get involved again.
A manager won't be announced anytime soon, most likely not until we're very close to the new season and the embargo will be in place for even longer for reasons I've already stated ad infinitum. Don't look to either event as a means of kick starting or boosting ST sales. That's just my opinion of course.

Monday giggs will be announced

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1/4 with Skybet,8/13 with Betfair.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:1/4 with Skybet,8/13 with Betfair.
I just can't see it. Why would he take us on when there must be a whole raft of clubs with actual money who'd love to have Giggs at their helm? As I understand it there's not even official confirmation he's leaving United anyway. I know there's plenty of talk about him not wanting a lesser role under Mourinho but there's no word on whether or not they've even discussed it yet.

If I'm wrong then so be it but I can't help thinking that if Giggs does wind up here he's going to have a seriously hard time working with a club in a lower league that has no money and is still under the single most draconian embargo ever imposed on an English club.

It makes no sense to me that he'd even consider going from being number 2 at one of the world's richest and biggest clubs to manager of a club where the chairman openly admits he selected the team and intends to do it again based purely on boosting a player's transfer value.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suppose we can only sit tight. I read somewhere that he was fav for the Everton job,but with Koeman
standing at 1/16,I think that's a non starter.

I take Giggs in a heartbeat.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I suppose we can only sit tight. I read somewhere that he was fav for the Everton job,but with Koeman
standing at 1/16,I think that's a non starter.

I take Giggs in a heartbeat.
This is the bit where I sound even more insane than usual because I wouldn't be keen on Giggs as our manager. He's spent his entire adult life working with one of the richest and biggest clubs in the world, a place where money is almost literally no object and eight figure transfer fees with six figure weekly wages are the norm.

I don't think he's truly going to understand how to manage a club in the 3rd tier under embargo who have absolutely no money to play with at all. I bow to no one in my respect for his playing career and his many, many accomplishments but despite being barely twenty miles up the road physically in football terms BWFC are entire galaxies away from what he's used to at Manchester United. I realise his name alone would be a draw for fans and put some extra bums on seats but that wouldn't last long and I think once the realities of the limitations he's facing sank in Giggs would be off to the first available job elsewhere.

I would honestly prefer Nigel Adkins, he's got the experience under these circumstances at this level that Giggs lacks. We're not in a position to set the world alight with brilliant football just yet, we need to steady the ship first and for me Adkins would do just that and bring us success at a sustainable pace. Yes it might take two or even three years before we start to really see it but I fear Giggs would be lost here, dealing with issues he can't understand and would actually take us down again.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to disagree. I think Adkins,and some of the others being mentioned are pretty safe bets,but I think we're past that now.
It's like having a chance to have Marilyn Monroe,but settling for something that Bela Lugosi had had a go at.
I agree that it might go belly up,but I think it's a great opportunity,for us,and for Giggs himself,and we shouldn't pass it up.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm warming to Giggs.

It's true he has no experience of lower league football, or the constraints of having no cash.

But on the positive side he would put BWFC back on the map, bring more people to the matches, and his name alone might be the difference between someone signing for Coventry or us.

But ultimately he'd be here for the right reasons. Not for the money (he clearly doesn't need it), but to prove to the world he can be a good manager. And that's not a bad thing.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Have to disagree. I think Adkins,and some of the others being mentioned are pretty safe bets,but I think we're past that now.
It's like having a chance to have Marilyn Monroe,but settling for something that Bela Lugosi had had a go at.
I agree that it might go belly up,but I think it's a great opportunity,for us,and for Giggs himself,and we shouldn't pass it up.
If he wants it then it would certainly be exciting at least at first. But I think we need a safe pair of hands, a safe bet right now mate. I think we're well past the point where we can afford to take risks of this level. Let's just remember that Giggs has never been a manager and while he has a justifiably huge reputation as a player he's never spent any time down in the 'blood and guts' world of the lower leagues in that capacity either.

I suspect that lack of experience will make things hard for him should he come here, especially given our financial situation. For example he won't be able to say "I need two strikers", pick up a phone and have whomever he wants to buy readily available.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:For example he won't be able to say "I need two strikers", pick up a phone and have whomever he wants to buy readily available.

He'll have a better chance of getting young loan players in from the likes of United, City and Liverpool.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Time will tell Peter. Whoever gets the job has his work cut out.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm warming to Giggs.

It's true he has no experience of lower league football, or the constraints of having no cash.

But on the positive side he would put BWFC back on the map, bring more people to the matches, and his name alone might be the difference between someone signing for Coventry or us.

But ultimately he'd be here for the right reasons. Not for the money (he clearly doesn't need it), but to prove to the world he can be a good manager. And that's not a bad thing.
You are almost certainly right on the point about generating exposure and possibly bigger crowds but I disagree on the player signings question simply because he won't have the money available to compete with other clubs in the division especially while the embargo limits how much we're allowed to pay a player.

In this day and age sadly players are all about the dosh not the club and if Giggs offers a player a a grand a week while Coventry say the same guy can have three or four grand a week you know as well as I do where they'll go and it won't be the Macron.

I completely agree he'd be here for the right reasons and that would be a good start but I seriously doubt he could make the step down so easily. I would love to be wrong if he does come to BWFC but right now I can't see that happening. If he goes into management it'll be somewhere in the Championship or higher or perhaps he'll go abroad to Spain or Italy.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Time will tell Peter. Whoever gets the job has his work cut out.
They certainly do bonce and if it happens to be Giggs he'll get my full support just as anyone else would on their arrival. I just find it very hard to believe he will be our next manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum