Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vardy

+5
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Vardy - Page 2 Empty Re: Vardy Sat Jun 04 2016, 17:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Wenger will ruin him, his best bet would be a Man Utd, or Liverpool.
Personally I think his best bet would be to stay right where he is at least for next season. Right now he's going to be an automatic pick for Leicester in things like the Champions League and if he does well there it can only enhance the sort of wage he could attract if and when he does move on. At somewhere like United he'd face a lot of competition for his place and have to deal with being rotated a lot. I'm not so sure Vardy would adapt well to being constantly dropped and recalled regardless of form.
 I agree he should stay, but money talks, Mourinho would make him into a better player as would Klopp.

Wenger would just bore him to death.

22Vardy - Page 2 Empty Re: Vardy Sat Jun 04 2016, 19:30

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Wenger will ruin him, his best bet would be a Man Utd, or Liverpool.
Personally I think his best bet would be to stay right where he is at least for next season. Right now he's going to be an automatic pick for Leicester in things like the Champions League and if he does well there it can only enhance the sort of wage he could attract if and when he does move on. At somewhere like United he'd face a lot of competition for his place and have to deal with being rotated a lot. I'm not so sure Vardy would adapt well to being constantly dropped and recalled regardless of form.
 I agree he should stay, but money talks, Mourinho would make him into a better player as would Klopp.

Wenger would just bore him to death.
Not sure I agree Mourinho would improve him tbh. Mourinho plays a different type of football to what Vardy thrives in. But I think you're right about Klopp. In fact Vardy would be almost tailor-made for Klopp's style of football and I think the Liverpool fans would love him to bits if he went there.

23Vardy - Page 2 Empty Re: Vardy Sat Jun 04 2016, 19:42

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Read somewhere that the buyout only applies to clubs in the UCL so only Arsenal City or Spurs can activate it, but why would he want to miss out on it anyway, although I think Leices could well struggle next season

24Vardy - Page 2 Empty Re: Vardy Sat Jun 04 2016, 19:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:Read somewhere that the buyout only applies to clubs in the UCL so only Arsenal City or Spurs can activate it, but why would he want to miss out on it anyway, although I think Leices could well struggle next season
I suspect they'll find it a bit harder to be sure, especially with the extra fixtures the CL brings but if they can keep that squad (or most of it) together and strengthen judiciously I don't see them struggling to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I can't see them winning the Premier League again or the Champions League but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top six domestically next May and to see them make the last 16 of the CL at least.

I really do think Claudio Ranieri has worked wonders in building on the work Pearson started and "The Tinkerman" is a long way from done yet.

25Vardy - Page 2 Empty Re: Vardy Sun Jun 05 2016, 01:00

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The luckyPeterpiper wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:Read somewhere that the buyout only applies to clubs in the UCL so only Arsenal City or Spurs can activate it, but why would he want to miss out on it anyway, although I think Leices could well struggle next season
I suspect they'll find it a bit harder to be sure, especially with the extra fixtures the CL brings but if they can keep that squad (or most of it) together and strengthen judiciously I don't see them struggling to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I can't see them winning the Premier League again or the Champions League but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top six domestically next May and to see them make the last 16 of the CL at least.

I really do think Claudio Ranieri has worked wonders in building on the work Pearson started and "The Tinkerman" is a long way from done yet.
You've also got to factor in the fact that as champions everyone will want their scalp, and for much of this season they were a surprise package next season they won't be.
I also think they've overachieved hugely where others have massively underachieved. I wouldn't be surprised at mid table or below, and if the odds were very attractive maybe even a tenner on them going down.

26Vardy - Page 2 Empty Re: Vardy Sun Jun 05 2016, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we've seen the best of Vardy earlier in the season. He was poor for England even allowing for being played out of position and his touch seemed to desert him towards the end of the season. I'd be very surprised if he reproduces last season's form next season regardless of who he plays for and any bid over £5 million would be a waste of money IMO. Obviously Leicester wouldn't sell him for anything like that and anyway he'd be better off staying there anywhere as they play in a style that suits him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum