Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson Officially named as manager!!!

+15
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Norpig
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is serious. WTF am I supposed to think about that appointment?

Take me to church.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hahahaha doff, you pissed on Martin from a great height.Very Happy

Fucking legendary that son.

P.S - Would you buy a holiday off this lunatic Laughing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson appointed Bolton Wanderers manager

Bolton Wanderers Football Club are delighted to announce Phil Parkinson as the club’s new first team manager.

Parkinson, 48, joins Bolton from fellow Sky Bet League One club Bradford City, after the two clubs agreed a compensation package.

Chorley-born, Parkinson already has two promotions on his managerial CV. During the 2005/06 season he guided Colchester United to an unlikely promotion to the Championship before later taking Bradford City to League One via the play-offs in 2012/13.

As a player, Parkinson started his career at Southampton before going on to represent Bury and Reading. 

He has signed a two-year contract with the club and will be joined by assistant manager Steve Parkin in making the move to Macron Stadium.

Parkinson will be introduced to the media at a press conference at Macron Stadium at midday today (Friday 10 June).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers at long last

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Woohooo hopefully this has a domino effect and the other obstacles start getting knocked down quickly and we can get on with the business of preparing for the season.

Although - check this out
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri Jun 10 2016, 10:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant. Let's get behind him. Credit to the board on this one. 

A small bit of hope.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Brilliant. Let's get behind him. Credit to the board on this one. 

A small bit of hope.

Now you're just being sarcastic.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

for once i believe Hipster means it  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know that win percentage isn't the definitive guide to a manager's ability as they can only work with what they have available, but of all the candidates interviewed, Parkinson's win percentage is by far the worst. 
Mixed feelings about this appointment but I'm willing to give the lad a chance.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I know that win percentage isn't the definitive guide to a manager's ability as they can only work with what they have available, but of all the candidates interviewed, Parkinson's win percentage is by far the worst. 

he's done a great job at Bradford, got them promoted from league 2 been in the play offs last 2 years (i think?) and got them to a league cup final. He'll do for me  Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am being serious. I think it's a good appointment at the stage were at right now.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I am being serious. I think it's a good appointment at the stage were at right now.
I think I would have preferred Adkins myself but this isn't a bad appointment. Parkinson's been there and done it at this level before. I'm a bit surprised Ken and Dean decided to pay compensation for someone after all but Parkinson is probably as good a manager at this level as anyone and won't have to blow off any 'rust' to get started which may turn out to be very important.

I just hope the embargo gets sorted pronto now because the transfer window opens in about three weeks and we desperately need to try and strengthen the squad. I realise he won't have much to work with money wise and may even have to sell to buy or loan but at least if the embargo's gone he has a shot at doing that.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Parkinson's been there and done it at this level before. 

To my knowledge he's had three attempts in a row to get Bradford promoted back to the Championship and hasn't succeeded yet (11th, 7th and 5th) so I'm not quite sure what you mean apart from showing relative improvement.

What surprises me is how he got so close despite having such a poor win percentage.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I know that win percentage isn't the definitive guide to a manager's ability as they can only work with what they have available, but of all the candidates interviewed, Parkinson's win percentage is by far the worst. 

I'm sure he doesn't give a fook what armchair fans think.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We can at least take some comfort from knowing Blackburn fans would do us a swap in a heartbeat.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

To my knowledge he's had three attempts in a row to get Bradford promoted back to the Championship and hasn't succeeded yet (11th, 7th and 5th) so I'm not quite sure what you mean apart from showing relative improvement.

You bellend. Finishes of 11th, 7th and 5th is a fooking improvement. He's taken them from mid table to the play-offs in two years.

Your armchair has clearly told you it doesn't like Parkinson.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope the emu doesn't turn up.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bradfords answer to Iles has just confirmed the presser is imminent

Boggersbelief wrote:Bradfords answer to Iles has just confirmed the presser is imminent

So it will possibly happen at some point in the next 48 hours then....?

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They're off. Compo paid and he's looking forward to having players from "The top end of this division". Could be encouraging.

edit to avoid confusion

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum