Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immigration - this is what makes it all wrong to me.

+4
whatsgoingon
xmiles
karlypants
Sluffy
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've just been reading about the court case of the asylum seeker who caused the channel tunnel to be closed when he was found walking through it (making it almost all the way to England).

He was being tried for 'obstruction'.  I don't quite understand if that was in relation to him being in the tunnel or something else entirely - but it is really irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.

Which is the bloke is from Sudan, who left his 'home' in 2004 (TWELVE YEARS AGO) and has since been it ITALY and FRANCE before making it to England.

His reason for coming to England to seek asylum was because that -

"I [he] came here for protection and to be safe."

So has he not had 'protection' and 'safety' at any time in his last TWELVE YEARS?

Did he not 'feel' protected and safe in those warlike and unstable country's such as Syria and Iraq  Italy and France?

Yet we've ended up giving him protection, safety, a roof over his head, food in his belly and a green light to millions of others from 'dodgy' county's in Africa the middle east and Asia to say don't worry about putting nothing at all in the pot as we are stupid enough to let any fucker in and give you a home and pay you benefits simply for just turning up without any invite what so ever.

It is simply all WRONG.

(Anybody want to bet against his wife and kids being let in soon also now (assuming he has any)!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-36596262

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vote Out tomorrow!

You know it makes sense!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Voting Out will not make any difference to this case or any like it. He's not from the EU!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Voting Out will not make any difference to this case or any like it. He's not from the EU!
We can pull out of the human rights and Brussels from overruling is allowing us to send him back?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aren't asylum seekers supposed to claim asylum in the first country they reach?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The EU is only responsible for the free passage in Europe (which in itself is enough to vote out) but the example you cited comes from generations of weak government and a repeated failure to recognise the fact that we are becoming a soft touch and that people from all over the word are targeting us because we are softer than every other country in terms of letting everyone in and giving them the earth. People who are ill target us because we offer free healthcare.
If you feel you are in danger of your life as soon as you are over the border you should be safe, so why then do these people travel across continents and countries to get to the UK? because it's a gravy train

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully once we are out of the EU, the conservatives in government will start to fall apart and that lying bastard of a PM will fuck off with his chums and we will have an election.

That's what I really want!

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Hopefully once we are out of the EU, the conservatives in government will start to fall apart and that lying bastard of a PM will fuck off with his chums and we will have an election.

That's what I really want!
Careful what you wish for, none of the options out there look like an improvement to me. It just look like a cesspit of self serving greedy career politicians scrambling for the best for themselves.
Throughout this whole EU campaign I have not seen one politician I would trust to run a market stall let alone the country.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you're saying that thanks to the EU, this immigrant didn't come to the UK 12 years earlier? Smile

This issue is nothing to do with the EU - it's entirely to do with our own laws which any British government can change if there is a will to do so. Any British Government could stop it at any time.

Problem is, they are all too chicken to address the issue head on so they blame it on Europe - yet another lie in the Quit campaign's disgraceful messaging. You've been duped Sluffy.

Did you also know that we spend the lowest percentage of our Gross National Income on Europe? - lower than any other member state because we negotiated a special rebate that nobody on the Quitter campaign ever mentions. Mind you, Greece's GNI is f*** all to start with but at least they are coughing up a bigger slice of their economy to participate.

Did you know that the TOTAL EU budget - for the whole of Europe - last year was less than one fourteenth of the UKs fiscal spending? Our contribution - the famous £350 million a day equates to less than 5% of our budget - and that's before our farmers and scientists etc get most of it back. Just puts into perspective how the Quitters are blowing the issue out of proportion as well as lying to the gullible and uneducated (not you Sluff Smile

Did you know we spend more on foreign aid than we do on Europe? Including sending money to India which is a gigantic emerging economy? Maybe the Quitters should be asking themselves why they didn't bother reading the election manifestos before going off on one on Europe.

Our future is already in our own hands and we'll still have to make those decisions if we leave Europe so why lose all the gains our pathetic government has managed to make? I'm fed up with all the lies and excuses now TBH.

Last edited by wanderlust on Wed 22 Jun - 16:54; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Hopefully once we are out of the EU

There's more chance of Gary Madine making a last minute entrance at Euro 2016 than there is of us leaving the EU.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Aren't asylum seekers supposed to claim asylum in the first country they reach?

According to EU law they are!

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Problem is, they are all too chicken to address the issue head on 
That is the problem in a nutshell, the minute an MP mentions immigration the whole thing blows up into a racism row. We have made a massive rod for our own backs with the whole political correctness disease because now people are frightened to death to address the issue for fear of being vilified and branded racist.
Every time a politician mentions immigration it is blown up in the media and they are hung drawn and quartered, so how can it ever be addressed.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Hopefully once we are out of the EU

There's more chance of Gary Madine making a last minute entrance at Euro 2016 than there is of us leaving the EU.
I fear you're right, however I have noticed a physical similarity between Madine and Lewandowski, who coincidentally missed a few sitters last night.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Problem is, they are all too chicken to address the issue head on 
That is the problem in a nutshell, the minute an MP mentions immigration the whole thing blows up into a racism row. We have made a massive rod for our own backs with the whole political correctness disease because now people are frightened to death to address the issue for fear of being vilified and branded racist.
Every time a politician mentions immigration it is blown up in the media and they are hung drawn and quartered, so how can it ever be addressed.

None of the key party's will touch it with a bargepole yet they court the popular vote so the only way out for them is to pretend it's not their decision to make and blame it on the EU - which is a tiny little talking shop compared to the UK.

In the same way the Quit campaign talk about £350 million a day going to Europe (before rebate obviously) as if it's a lot of money, but in the scheme of things it's bugger all and our current Government could divert double that to the NHS without breaking sweat if they wanted to. 

Our economy is MASSIVE and the EU is tiny

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

I
wanderlust wrote:
Our economy is MASSIVE and the EU is tiny

Exactly the problem. The worlds 5th largest economy has to take orders from a tiny "superstate" in all but name.

This behometh silently marches on with every Treaty it endorses. The U.K. Is a bystander and has to swallow everything this monster shoves down our throats. 

It makes me laugh when all these pro EU voters say that Cameron has brought back real change for the UK with that shitty little deal he negotiated (which still has to be ratified by the other member states).

The EU is not a dynamic organisation, more a bureaucratic swamp that reacts and turns as quick as the Titanic.

The country will vote to remain tomorrow, mainly because the Southerners who are unaffected by many of the EU's policies, are oblivious to what is happening elsewhere. 

Vote remain and sit back and enjoy the continuing disappearance of a once proud town called Bolton, and others like it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:something...something... You've been duped Sluffy...something, something...

I'm a bit lost here?

I assume you weren't addressing me but replying to the post above?

And that I wasn't really duped at all - because I never mentioned the EU in the first place and certainly didn't relate the story to tomorrows referendum.

I was simply commenting on todays news that some Somalian who seems to have been on his way to this country for the last TWELVE YEARS, has illegally entered the country AFTER traveling through at least TWO other highly safe and civilised European country's simply to seek asylum status HERE!

Something is clearly WRONG with the system somewhere to allow such an obvious piss take to be taking place and needs to be urgently addressed whether we remain in the EU or not.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I seemed to have derailed your thread Sluffy so I can only apologise. Smile

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:I seemed to have derailed your thread Sluffy so I can only apologise. Smile

I don't mind in the least mate.

The thing I couldn't fathom was Lusty's reference to me being duped?

I admit to having had difficulties in recent months understanding some of his posts and have not been sure if he's either trying to wum or has genuinely missed the point entirely in regards to his reply to several of my posts?

It as happened so frequently now that I tend to think it more of the former than the latter.

Maybe it is him just having a bit of fun but if so I clearly am not on his wavelength at all.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

It can be addressed by pretending it's a European problem and conning a gullible public that the British Government couldn't get a grip of immigration tomorrow if they wanted to.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
The thing I couldn't fathom was Lusty's reference to me being duped?
Sorry Sluffy.

You said the thing that pisses you off is that you think it's unfair that this guy should be given asylum. 

So you are clearly pissed off by the British judge that made the ruling. 

That judge didn't have to offer asylum. As you point out yourself, our agreement with the EU is that refugees from outside Europe can be given asylum at the first country they land in so that British judge is going against EU law in granting asylum.

So you support EU legislation on immigration and recognise that a cowboy British judge has made a bad decision?

Why then, does your thread title not reflect this perspective? It almost implies that you think the problem has something to do with EU membership rather than being what it is - a British problem.

P.S. On reflection I apologise. Europe is our first line of defence against excessive immigration and it pisses me off when the hard-earned agreements to minimise the queue at our borders is undermined by a British judge. We have an agreement to provide asylum at the first port of call - which means 99% of non Europeans travelling by land will not reach the UK and the ones we do get will have to be affluent enough to afford air fare at least.
Sorry if I came across belligerently - the whole subject and the way it has been twisted annoys me.

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu 23 Jun - 14:19; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum