Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime?

+5
xmiles
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime?

Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_lcap6%Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_lcap0%Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_lcap6%Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_lcap44%Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_rcap 44% [ 7 ]
Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_lcap13%Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_rcap 13% [ 2 ]
Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_lcap19%Whose been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime? Vote_rcap 19% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Obviously we've been talking an awful lot of politics in the last week for one reason or another and it struck me (together with the hatred from some when Thatcher died and we made a Nuts banner to respectfully mark her passing) that I can't think of a clear favourite.

I would pick Thatcher personally, not because her politics particularly benefitted me in any way but because like it or not she brought about a restructuring of the British economy by moving us out of the moribund, highly unionised and state founded monoliths like the NCB (Arthur Scargill), the print workers (Wapping), the car makers (British Leyland / Red Robbo), etc, etc, and moved us into the then twentieth century.

It did cause an awful lot of pain for many - including my family - but we couldn't have kept going the way we were.

My next choice would have been Blair but I know he seems to be as popular as Maggie is with some on here - so who would your choice be?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could you add Pitt the younger,for the older nutters?

This is like picking your favourite ailment or serial killer.

I'm going to have to plump for Major because he made Thatcher cry.

I'll  have to pick John Mayor as well because he was really good on Spitting Image

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:I'll  have to pick John Mayor as well because he was really good on Spitting Image

The peas are nice Dear!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still go white at the thought of him in bed with Edwina Currie. What a sex tape that would be.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Harold ' Gannex ' Wilson was a decent politician considering that he sat for two terms. I also thought James Callaghan was a decent politician so it's a shame that his legacy will always be associated with the ' Winter of Discontent '.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who was the best Prime Minister we never had?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Who was the best Prime Minister we never had?

John Smith...Bliar would have had no chance but for his tragic death.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wouldn't argue with that.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Who was the best Prime Minister we never had?

I was going to do that next if people showed an interest in this thread.

Very Happy

Smith for me too.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John Reid was another man of principle who never got the top job. When he was Home Secretary his classic ' Not fit for purpose ' quote about the Home Office  took balls.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Donald Dewar was another good man who left us too soon.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always makes me laugh that. My favourite puppet was Michael Foot.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Beast of Bolsover! I notice he is one of the few Labour MP's left who is backing Corbyn to stay put.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After calling half the Tory members crooks,he was asked to withdraw the remark by the Speaker.

"Ok,half the Tory members aren't crooks". Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An MP for three decades...credit where it's due!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum