Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The worst 3 Prime Ministers

+5
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
xmiles
Hip Priest
Norpig
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty The worst 3 Prime Ministers Thu Sep 17 2020, 09:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

We seem to be having a run of very poor Prime Ministers at the moment. Have we ever had a worse run?

1. Theresa May (2016-19)- did not possess a single attribute necessary for a Prime Minister. She couldn't lead, persuade or inspire and achieved precisely nothing in her three years apart from pandering to brexit extremists and trying to deliver a brexit she didn't even understand.

2. Boris Johnson (2019 -) - a lazy serial liar with no morals or principles whose only motivation is self interest.

3. David Cameron (2010-16) - gave us year after year of austerity which achieved very little apart from making most of us poorer and the disastrous remain referendum campaign.

2The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Thu Sep 17 2020, 10:37

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The trouble is that, recently, the alternatives within the Tory party were just as ghastly and the other parties' leaders were hopeless: Corbyn, Swinson ..dunno..

3The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Thu Sep 17 2020, 11:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris, Boris and Boris  Very Happy

4The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Thu Sep 17 2020, 11:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't dislike Boris - I just think he's an incompetent puppet who will do anything to be PM including selling his soul to the devil. But in the process he has divided the country (although that could also be ascribed to Cameron's foolishness) 
So when we're talking about "worst prime ministers" I find it hard to look past Thatcher who destroyed our industry, sold off our natural resources to appease the Americans but more than anything split the country both ideologically and financially paving the way for our current predicament and hamstringing PMs of all colours since.
Many of the accusations made against Thatcher could also be levelled at Wilson who took tough and unpopular economic decisions but at least he redeemed himself and did it with a degree of humanity.
And then there's Ted Heath and the 3 day week...

5The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Thu Sep 17 2020, 15:32

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Tony Blair
Gordon Brown
Theresa May

6The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Thu Sep 17 2020, 16:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Tony Blair
Gordon Brown
Theresa May
Blair did some good stuff eg the Good Friday Agreement but he paid the price by agreeing to go to war at the behest of the Americans and I can't forgive him for that. The reason the Americans are now saying they won't do a trade deal with the UK if Boris's Internal Market Bill goes through is that they claim (to their own people) that they were instrumental in bringing peace to Northern Ireland (whereas in reality Blair roped them into it as the Yanks have massive influence with the IRA and it was the only way) so if Boris's lot undermine what the Yanks claim as a victory, they will f*** the UK over. And the Senate made that very clear to Raab yesterday when they roasted him over a slow turning spit. Moreover the powerful Ways and Means Committee have made it clear they are disgusted with Boris's treachery and that they'll be focusing on doing deals with China and the EU first - long before they even consider the UK - and only then if Boris does another U turn on his ill-conceived bill. But they made it clear we are well down the list of priorities now we're leaving the EU which is understandable because we are tiny in comparison.

Brown was meh.

May was enthusiastic but she was stabbed in the back in order to install yes man Boris.

7The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Fri Sep 18 2020, 00:19

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cummings, Thatcher, Heath

8The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Fri Sep 18 2020, 18:29

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boris
Number one for me one thing you need from a PM is to be on top of the detail, this guy seems to think it's cool not to know what's going on. ED Milliband tore him a new one the other day, he couldn't even respond. He also trumps all others due to being a serial liar, and the worst thing of all is he is reliant on an unelected advisor. 

Alecs Douglas Hulme
Purely judged on his ability to be unable to actually open his mouth.

Anthony Eden
Just out of his depth and actually holds the title in a poll held. he had health problems as well

With special commendation to Margaret Thatcher she was very capable, but a heartless bitch. who i hated with a passion.

9The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Fri Sep 18 2020, 20:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wessy wrote:Boris
Number one for me one thing you need from a PM is to be on top of the detail, this guy seems to think it's cool not to know what's going on. ED Milliband tore him a new one the other day, he couldn't even respond. He also trumps all others due to being a serial liar, and the worst thing of all is he is reliant on an unelected advisor. 

Alecs Douglas Hulme
Purely judged on his ability to be unable to actually open his mouth.

Anthony Eden
Just out of his depth and actually holds the title in a poll held. he had health problems as well

With special commendation to Margaret Thatcher she was very capable, but a heartless bitch. who i hated with a passion.

I like a man who knows his history. Smile

10The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Sat Sep 19 2020, 09:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Thatcher the best for me an extraordinary woman,the guv,number one,top banana.

11The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Sat Sep 19 2020, 10:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Thatcher the best for me an extraordinary woman,the guv,number one,top banana.
She's got a beautiful grave. But they should have made the dance floor bigger.

12The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Sat Sep 19 2020, 13:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
She's got a beautiful grave. But they should have made the dance floor bigger

13The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Sat Sep 19 2020, 14:07

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:

I like a man who knows his history. Smile
Cheers Mr X

14The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Sat Sep 19 2020, 14:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Angry Dad wrote:Thatcher the best for me an extraordinary woman,the guv,number one,top banana.
The thread is about the worst and she comes to the front of your thinking says it all.

The best i can say about her is that she was a heartless bitch that ensured greed was top bananna and didn't give a flying fook about anyone outside the south east.

Would i have wanted her on my side, probaby, am i glad she wasn't totally.

15The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Sat Sep 19 2020, 15:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thatch:- Selling off all the Council Houses was an utter disaster.....

16The worst 3 Prime Ministers Empty Re: The worst 3 Prime Ministers Sun Sep 20 2020, 14:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:Thatch:- Selling off all the Council Houses was an utter disaster.....
Not for the people who bought them at way below market price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum