Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear

+5
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:36

Natasha Whittam wrote:Top bloke. He read my letter out on the Big Breakfast Zig & Zag slot once. Then I met him a few years later. Very friendly and down to earth.
"And now we have a letter from Nathaniel in Preston, Lancashire!

Dear Chris,

.............."

Come on peeps, fill the rest of the letter in.

22Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They should rebrand BBC1 to BBC Nonce

23Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
I'm sure you said the same about Jimmy Saville

I'm sure I didn't.

No, you actually did.

24Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:41

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Top bloke. He read my letter out on the Big Breakfast Zig & Zag slot once. Then I met him a few years later. Very friendly and down to earth.
"And now we have a letter from Nathaniel in Preston, Lancashire!
Dear Chris,

I'm very confused I can't work out whether I'm a Zig or a Zag, and fluctuate wildly between my Action Man and my Barbie Doll
Please help

Come on peeps, fill the rest of the letter in.

25Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 16:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True story:

Dear Chris

Please find enclosed a block of cheese bought from The Spar on Clancutt Lane in Coppull. I would love to see Zig's reaction when you place it in front of his face.

Regards,
Natasha

(Zig was allergic to cheese - you can see that even at a young age I was already a comedy genius)

26Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 17:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How can a puppet be allergic to cheese?

27Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 17:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:How can a puppet be allergic to cheese?

Don't try and sour my major childhood achievement.

28Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 18:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Don't try and sour my major childhood achievement.
Very Happy

29Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 18:45

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nowt wrong with a presenter of Top Gear messing about with a minor.

As long as its first name is Morris.

30Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 19:46

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Y
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Don't try and sour my major lifetime achievement.
Spell check changed it Nat I've sorted it for you

31Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 20:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Evans faces a sex probe every time he looks in the mirror - for he is indeed a cock.

32Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

Can you top being a script-writer for Chris Evans at the age of 9?

33Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Mon Jul 04 2016, 20:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Nowt wrong with a presenter of Top Gear messing about with a minor.

As long as its first name is Morris.
Very Happy

34Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Tue Jul 05 2016, 12:16

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Can you top being a script-writer for Chris Evans at the age of 9?
Yes, I can spell delusional

35Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Evans QUITS Top Gear Wed Jul 06 2016, 22:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not really surprised by the fact he's quitting. As I said on the very first episode the chemistry between Clarkson, May and Hammond that made the show so popular (even though they were just three middle aged blokes acting like kids) just wasn't there between him and Matt Le Blanc in particular. I have no personal animus for or against Evans but I think the BBC needs to take the blame for this. They had the opportunity to totally revamp and refresh Top Gear and take the show in a completely new direction instead of desperately trying to keep the old format alive with new people. The 'Star in a Rally Cross Car' was never going to work, the 'comedy' was forced and didn't sound at all natural and the road trips were basically badly done rehashes of what had already been done.

What they could (and likely should) have done is to take Top Gear all the way back to it's original format and make it a straight car show as it was before the Clarkson/May/Hammond era. Given Evans genuine love for and deep knowledge of cars it could have been exactly what the BBC's mandate is supposed to be, a show that would inform, educate and entertain.

If Top Gear is to survive at all they need to let go of things like the Stig and 'Star in A ..." and move the show onto totally new (or perhaps old) ground. The show worked with JC/JM and RH because the three of them genuinely enjoyed working together and knew each other very well and that showed and their enthusiasm carried over to the audience both in the studio and at home. It never had a chance of doing that with the current line-up and frankly they were rather cowardly to try and make the presenters do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum