Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pokemon - Gotta catch them all

+6
Bwfc1958
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:20

Yes its the latest craze and will be forgot about other than for the die hard few in a month or two, but.......  

Has anyone played it?

I downloaded it for my lad (honest guv!) And tonight we have been out walking round the park visiting the various pokestops and gyms whilst setting off lures and incense to catch bulbasor, squirtle and rattata.

Now, what i wasnt expecting was around 70 people walking round the park doing the same.  All ages, couples, etc

Even young lads that would bormally ride past and shout abuse where giving tips to me and my son about where the various things was.

If it gets people out the house, doing exercise and getting along with people then fair play.  I hopw it is more than just a fad.

2Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:23

Downloaded it Sunday, returning to my youth. Bit of fun but not a great game to be fair, needs a few updates! Although now it's released in the UK I saw loads of people running around and battling at lunch today.

3Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:26

bwfc1874 wrote:Downloaded it Sunday, returning to my youth. Bit of fun but not a great game to be fair, needs a few updates! Although now it's released in the UK I saw loads of people running around and battling at lunch today.
Ive had it a few days now and up to level 7.  What i mean of course is my lad is level 7 Smile

Its quite impressive to see so many people out and about.  The park would normally have a few people in walking their dog or dogging at this time.  But to have as many as there was.....very surprising.

4Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pokemon was cool back when I was about 7 or 8. So you can imagine my bewilderment, almost 24 and it's suddenly made a come back but it's not just kids playing it.

I won't be downloading it

5Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listen to yourselves. The world has officially gone mad.

6Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Listen to yourselves. The world has officially gone mad.

At last,we agree on something. Shocked

7Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm surprised with the number of adults who play it.  Even back in the day I didn't see the fascination with it. Good to be getting the kids out I suppose.  Nintendo's share value has increased by about 56% with the release of this app/game.

8Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to go out playing football.

What happened?

9Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:37

I never played it when i was younger.  My cousin who is about ten years younger than me was into it.

10Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:38

I downloaded it to see what it was (never been a fan of Pokemon). Then I deleted it.

11Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:38

boltonbonce wrote:I used to go out playing football.

What happened?
Yeah like i can let a 7 year old out in the street playing footy in weaste.  He'd stand a better chance in beirut

12Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it that bad? Our only problem was thorn bushes putting paid to our lovely 'Frido A' ball.

6/6d

13Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 20:50

Its not the best.  Its just gangs of feral kids who make fun by causing misery for everyone else.

Thats why i do so many clubs and stuff with him because he cant just go out and play like i did when i was his age

14Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 21:00

Boggersbelief wrote:Pokemon was cool back when I was about 7 or 8. So you can imagine my bewilderment, almost 24 and it's suddenly made a come back but it's not just kids playing it.

I won't be downloading it

I haven't seen any kids playing it, everyone I've seen looks around 25. Found a Jynx in the pub earlier.

15Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 21:03

I got a squirtle picking my lad up from school. 

Just got two nidorans, a drowzee and a rattata in the park with him too Smile

16Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 21:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Its not the best.  Its just gangs of feral kids who make fun by causing misery for everyone else.

Thats why i do so many clubs and stuff with him because he cant just go out and play like i did when i was his age
That's a real shame.

Mind you,it's not much different down here. You're a good Dad Johnny. :good:

17Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 21:08

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Its not the best.  Its just gangs of feral kids who make fun by causing misery for everyone else.

That's a real shame.

Mind you,it's not much different down here. You're a good Dad Johnny. :good:
Cheers bonce.  Like ive said before.  Once the little girl starts wanting to do stuff ill be knackered.  Although i have a feeling she wants to do rugby like her big brother. Very Happy

Got it all to come KP

18Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 21:19

y2johnny wrote:I got a squirtle picking my lad up from school. 

Greatest sentence ever posted on here.

19Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 21:24

Barb Dwyer wrote:
y2johnny wrote:I got a squirtle picking my lad up from school. 

Greatest sentence ever posted on here.
:rofl:

20Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Empty Re: Pokemon - Gotta catch them all Thu Jul 14 2016, 21:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I blame all the braindead's who voted leave for this silly game (sad Japanese inspired past time).

Everything was normal up until a few weeks ago. People used to go to the park to walk their dogs and play ball games, but now they're running around playing childish games on their telephones.

I hope that there is no whinging if someone wanders into the road whilst playing this silly game, then gets knocked down by a uninsured non licence holding Latvian driver (no one knows he's here).

It's a Brexiter death trap you utter morons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum