Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our place in the universe

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our place in the universe  Empty Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 14:51

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

This shit is just fascinating and gives a certain appreciation of how lucky we are to be wandering around on this rock. 

Also, for the small percentage of people on here that actually give a shit, the perseid meteor showers are almost upon us which is well worth watching out for if you are interested in this sort of thing. 

http://www.space.com/23066-perseids.html

2Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 15:51

'how lucky we are to be wandering around this rock' is a clear reference to Brexit.

Ban him.

3Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 15:53

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:This shit is just fascinating and gives a certain appreciation of how lucky we are to be wandering around on this rock. 

Also, for the small percentage of people on here that actually give a shit, the perseid meteor showers are almost upon us which is well worth watching out for if you are interested in this sort of thing. 

http://www.space.com/23066-perseids.html
you racist bastard

4Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 16:03

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If looking for the Perseids there's also the Delta Aquarids that will start early August and you can see at least some meteors throughout August. Best time is after moonset but don't expect the sky to be full of wizzy lights. There is an expected increase this year, but after the peak they fall off rapidly. Dates for Perseids is August 11/12, evening to morning. And try to be away from any light pollution.

5Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 16:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come and join me in the BWST Astronomical Society. 

I meet every other Thursday in my shed. Bring your own flask.

If you're out looking for meteors,give your eyes twenty minutes to get used to the conditions.

6Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 16:33

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Come and join me in the BWST Astronomical Society. 

If you're out looking for meteors,give your eyes twenty minutes to get used to the conditions.
Do you "steer" the telescope or is there a fully transparent & democratic election process for that

7Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 16:50

The stars are going to look fucking mint from the deck of my boat.

8Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 16:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

Do you "steer" the telescope or is there a fully transparent & democratic election process for that
The stars do as I say. Or else. Cool

9Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 16:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:The stars are going to look fucking mint from the deck of my boat.
I checked on the inflatable boats in the local store.

Our place in the universe  WAKdb7C

10Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 16:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Bunch of fucking thread bandits!  Evil or Very Mad

As always the serious on topic discussion is contributed by Bollotom (and Bonce to a small degree). 

And don't give me any of your 'what goes around comes around' bollocks breaders, I'm well aware what's just happened here. 

Bastards!

11Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 17:00

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:The stars are going to look fucking mint from the deck of my boat.
Check out the American Dad episode about boat ownership

12Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 17:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Make sure your boat self inflates.

13Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 17:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Make sure your boat self inflates.
Bread should definitely get a foot pump  jocolor

14Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 17:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Does that mean 'you know who' will be joining us or has he been released?

15Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 17:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:

Is there a bigger star in the universe?

16Our place in the universe  Empty Re: Our place in the universe Tue Jul 26 2016, 17:40

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:

Is there a bigger star in the universe?
I see what you did there. Very good.  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum