Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fan's Letter: Same old story in defence

+4
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
karlypants
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Changes in the boardroom, changes in the management – but no change in the team's results.

On Tuesday, Wanderers lost to a team that was relegated from the division they have dropped in to and they still cannot keep a clean sheet away from home.

Saturday's result of a 1-0 win was plastering over the cracks – they were lucky not to be losing 3-0 in the first 20 minutes.

Play like they did at Blackpool and in the first 30 minutes against Sheffield United and they are going down again.

So Bolton Wanderers, if you think I am wrong then keep a clean sheet in your next away game.

I don't think you can, your past results prove this and there is still no change in the defensive set up.

The same team, the same tactics, the same results – no change.

I do hope I am wrong.

Derek Entwistle, Kearsley

Source

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's a happy chappy isn't he, lucky not to be 3 down? they had one real chance we hit the woodwork and had a couple cleared off the line. 
The tactics were different for both games never mind same team same tactics, and the defensive set up on Saturday was completely different and limited one of the strongest teams in this league to one real chance.
I don't reckon this guy goes to games he's just read forum reports from negheads

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derek Entwistle is a bellend. Clearly some plastic fan who still thinks we are in the PL.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The "could have been 3 down" bit came from the BN report I think. An exaggeration but Leon Clarke fluffed an early header and was inches away from connecting with a ball that ran right across the 6 yard line with our goal gaping so I think 2 is fair.

This Entwistle guy misses the point though. This was a much-changed team and although they disappointed, the fringe players aren't all likely to feature again at the same time this season.
And the tactics have clearly changed from last year.

But it is obvious that there is still a lot of work to be done and maybe a couple of new faces would help.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He will look a cock if we beat Wimbledon.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We must have had some sort of first round embarrassment about 5 times out of the last 10 seasons.

Burton, Crawley, Bury, Northampton, all spring to mind.

Even at 1 nil up I had a feeling it'd just be the same old story in the end.

My boss is a Villa fan and they got twatted by the mighty Luton last night.

According to him they had their first choice keeper and back four playing and at least three other guaranteed first team starters.

He's convinced they'll wind up like us because this new Chinese fella is mental.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:So Bolton Wanderers, if you think I am wrong then keep a clean sheet in your next away game.

Source

Done Derek.  :like:

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
karlypants wrote:So Bolton Wanderers, if you think I am wrong then keep a clean sheet in your next away game.

Source

Done Derek.  :like:
Not quite RT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum