Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is a year enough?

+3
whatsgoingon
Norpig
Bread2.0
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is a year enough? Empty Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 14:01

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This prick's been done before and served time in a young offenders institution for committing the exact same crime but it appears he's not learnt his lesson:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14744422.Car_thief_drove_down_M61_at_120mph_while_evading_police___then_claimed_he_was_at_the_Trafford_Centre_with_his_girlfriend/?ref=mr&lp=1

He could quite easily have killed a car full of innocent people during this incident and it's a miracle no one was hurt.

50 previous convictions.

But he only got a year inside, which, as we all know, means he'll be out and nicking cars again in about six months.

Surely when you get to the point where some dickhead has 51 convictions for doing something illegal and dangerous, it warrants a proper deterrent being imposed?

2Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 14:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

a year isn't long enough and is no deterrent either, also noticed he is only banned from driving for 18 months, surely it should be a life ban for someone with 50+ motoring convictions.

It's people like this idiot and the many others on the road that drive like maniacs that make me feel glad i don't drive these days

3Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 15:00

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

All that bollocks about him being the sole carer for his Gran who has dementia, some carer out nicking cars 50 miles away.
The ban from driving should be a minimum 5 years, I am anti drink driving but someone getting in a car once over the limit getting 3 years and this prick who regularly puts peoples lives at risk getting half that is farcical.
The law doesn't seem to take into consideration what could have happened, one mistake and this could have been multiple counts of vehicular manslaughter, the fact that it wasn't is down to pure luck and that should increase the sentence significantly. 
We had a thread recently about a guy that punched someone once as an act of impulse who unfortunately died and he will serve a much longer sentence, at the end of the day one was lucky no one died and one was unlucky that one man did, luck shouldn't decide the punishment the crime should.

4Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 16:24

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's pretty well accepted that the older you get, the less tolerant you become of shit like this.

After years of trying to be liberal in my thinking and generally giving people the benefit of the doubt, I'm fast coming to the conclusion that it's time for a "3 strikes" policy similar to the ones they have in the US.

It massively reduced the serious crime rate in New York almost overnight because it's a proper deterrent.

Knobs like this clown will never learn and obviously see short custodial sentences as an easy option which are worth risking.

Surely, after 50 convictions, it's time that this wanker was put away for a "ten to fifteen" stretch?

It's not as if he got caught nicking a tin of beans to feed his kids, is it?

He nicked a new car simply because he likes driving fast and he deserves to be properly punished for it.

5Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 16:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its not just the wanker himself who should be flogged, but the judgement itself, along with the judge, should be investigated

6Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 16:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He should have been given a 10 year disqualification instead of 18 months. In six months time he'll be out nicking cars again and it's only a matter of time before he kills somebody.

7Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 17:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:He should have been given a 10 year disqualification instead of 18 months. In six months time he'll be out nicking cars again and it's only a matter of time before he kills somebody.

...or hopefully himself

8Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 21:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm really pleased to see that the Government are now being forced to crack down on people using mobile phones while they are driving. Too many innocent lives have been lost by idiots sending and receiving text messages whilst behind the wheel. As far as I am concerned people need to understand that a car is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands. These idiots wouldn't dream of pulling out their mobile phone while taking driving lessons or sitting their test so what gives them the right to put every other motorist and pedestrian at risk?

I drive for a living and I despair at some of the idiots I come across on a daily basis. I have finally succumbed to modern technology and invested in a car cam. If I can get the hang of it I might even post the worst offenders on here!

9Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 21:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm really pleased to see that the Government are now being forced to crack down on people using mobile phones while they are driving. Too many innocent lives have been lost by idiots sending and receiving text messages whilst behind the wheel. As far as I am concerned people need to understand that a car is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands. These idiots wouldn't dream of pulling out their mobile phone while taking driving lessons or sitting their test so what gives them the right to put every other motorist and pedestrian at risk?

I drive for a living and I despair at some of the idiots I come across on a daily basis. I have finally succumbed to modern technology and invested in a car cam. If I can get the hang of it I might even post the worst offenders on here!
Dash cams should be mandatory to be able to get insurance I reckon.

10Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 21:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm really pleased to see that the Government are now being forced to crack down on people using mobile phones while they are driving. Too many innocent lives have been lost by idiots sending and receiving text messages whilst behind the wheel. As far as I am concerned people need to understand that a car is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands. These idiots wouldn't dream of pulling out their mobile phone while taking driving lessons or sitting their test so what gives them the right to put every other motorist and pedestrian at risk?

Dash cams should be mandatory to be able to get insurance I reckon.

I  renewed my car insurance on the 1st September and went with LV. I could have got 10% discount if I had a dash cam at the time.

11Is a year enough? Empty Re: Is a year enough? Thu Sep 15 2016, 23:06

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:He should have been given a 10 year disqualification instead of 18 months. In six months time he'll be out nicking cars again and it's only a matter of time before he kills somebody.

...or hopefully himself
That's the problem it always seems to be some innocent party that gets the worst of it and these twats always seem to walk away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum