Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A man with a purse.

+4
Norpig
karlypants
scottjames30
boltonbonce
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A man with a purse. Empty A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was in the local shop this morning,and the man in front of me at the counter took out a purse. Having rummaged through it for the correct money,he returned it to his pocket,and loaded his items into his shopping trolley.
Now,I wouldn't be seen dead pulling a trolley,but to have a purse as well was more than I could stand.
Why doesn't he go the whole hog,and wear a dress?
And he's not the first bloke I've seen with a purse. It's becoming an epidemic,particularly with older men. It's a disgrace.
I had to go home and blow my nose on the curtains to feel whole again.

2A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's fashion pal, he was probably looking at you thinking ' I wouldn't be seen dead wearing a cardigan '

3A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:It's fashion pal, he was probably looking at you thinking ' I wouldn't be seen dead wearing a cardigan '
Laughing

4A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:It's fashion pal, he was probably looking at you thinking ' I wouldn't be seen dead wearing a cardigan '
I've never worn a cardigan. Unlike some people.
A man with a purse. Premiere+Open+Road+Films+Haunted+House+2+Red+M8M4P3ntpHTl

5A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was only joking at the Alf Garnett avatar Boncey, you don't need to adopt his persona on here as well  Very Happy

I didn't use a wallet for years as when i was younger all my mates said i looked like an old man. Where else am i going to keep all my cards and money? I don't care now seeing as i'm middle aged.

6A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I'm not carrying my wallet,I've usually got my cash stuffed in my pocket.
I couldn't even dream of using a purse. It's not natural.
I'll have to get rid of the AG avatar,in case it's affecting my judgement.

7A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What do people do with loose change then?

I used to use one of those plastic money bags from the bank as every time I sat in the car, all the coins would roll out of my pocket and end up under the seat and I would spend 10 minutes trying to get my arm under to reach it all. 

My wallet doesn't have a coin section.

8A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:51

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Was it one of these, Boncey?

A man with a purse. 1590_100_1713

My dad's used one of those for years and I always thought he was a bit of a twat for carrying one.

I used to walk off in disgust whenever he flopped it open and started rummaging for coins to pay parking meters and the like.

They make you look (A) effeminate and (B) tight.

I could imagine Rigsby or Fagin having one of those things.

Real men carry their loose change in the trouser pockets - How else would you know when to buy new pants if your keys and coins didn't eventually create a small hole and then cascade down your leg onto the pavement?

9A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 12:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I buy a wallet.  I make sure it has a coin section.

10A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 13:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Was it one of these, Boncey?

A man with a purse. 1590_100_1713

My dad's used one of those for years and I always thought he was a bit of a twat for carrying one.

I used to walk off in disgust whenever he flopped it open and started rummaging for coins to pay parking meters and the like.

They make you look (A) effeminate and (B) tight.

I could imagine Rigsby or Fagin having one of those things.

Real men carry their loose change in the trouser pockets - How else would you know when to buy new pants if your keys and coins didn't eventually create a small hole and then cascade down your leg onto the pavement?
Believe it or not mate,it looked a bit like this. Only red.
A man with a purse. Patent-leather-coin-purse

11A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 13:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personalize funny videos at Bombay TV by Graphéine - Agence design paris

12A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 13:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like a thread about a man being "a real man". It reminds me of the '70s when it was vaguely acceptable to label and make sweeping generalisations about stereotypes. On which note I'll bet that the guy with the purse was a homosexual. What is the world coming to?

13A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 13:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I like a thread about a man being "a real man". It reminds me of the '70s when it was vaguely acceptable to label and make sweeping generalisations about stereotypes. On which note I'll bet that the guy with the purse was a homosexual. What is the world coming to?
The guy is in no way (apart from the purse) effeminate. He's happily married,and lives quietly in a bungalow.
But that purse has to go. It's so obviously meant for a woman. At least Breadman Snr made an effort.

14A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 14:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have a wallet, but not a purse. For my change I do this: copper is put in a dish, until I have enough to take to a machine. 5p pieces are put in my plastic Bertie Bassett, (and usually given to my grandson periodically), all other silver is in my right pocket, and £1 and £2 coins in my left pocket. Its something I've done for years, but even so, how sad am I  Very Happy

15A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 14:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I have a wallet, but not a purse. For my change I do this: copper is put in a dish, until I have enough to take to a machine. 5p pieces are put in my plastic Bertie Bassett, (and usually given to my grandson periodically), all other silver is in my right pocket, and £1 and £2 coins in my left pocket. Its something I've done for years, but even so, how sad am I  Very Happy
Good idea that. I put all my 5p's in a big plastic Desperate Dan,then donate what I collect to a local dog charity.
I usually carry a pocketful of change on a match day. No one seems able to change a note at the Macron.

16A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I spend my life trying to get rid of shrapnel apart from a £1 coin for the gym locker, so whilst I keep my change in my pocket, along with car keys and other crap, I always sift through it every time I buy something to ensure I'm left with as little change as possible. This invariably means I have to get out all the crap in my pocket and wade through it regularly. I clearly need a purse and having read this thread, I'm feeling inspired to get one. After all, Richard the Lionheart, Attila the Hun, Robin Hood, Vlad the Impaler, Dick Turpin, Admiral Nelson, Genghis Khan, Henry V and the Duke of Wellington all carried a purse like real men should.

17A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 14:29

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

At the risk of turning this into a semi-serious thread, I've noticed that I hardly ever carry change round anymore.

I think it's a combination of paying for most things via chip & pin and packing in smoking.

The chip & pin one's obvious - no physical money involved, so no change received.

The smoking one is a bit more subtle. I used to have to get a tenner a day out of the hole in the wall to buy my fags from the corner shop and this always resulted in a few quid change which invariably got frittered away on crap or sat in my pocket.

I now hardly ever have any change on me. In fact, it's always a bit embarrassing once a month when the Goldline bloke appears and I've got to copper up.

But I think I've seen him with a purse, so fuck him, the ponce.

18A man with a purse. Empty Re: A man with a purse. Mon Sep 19 2016, 14:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Foggy Dewhirst used a purse. And he was a leader of men.
A man with a purse. Compo-clegg-and-foggy-with-friend-last-of-the-summer-wine

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum