Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kacey Musgrave's Country & Western Rhinestone Review At The Royal Albert Hall.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Country music's shit, isn't it?

We all know that - it's a given.

Beloved of fat, baseball cap wearing men in trailer parks all over the deep south who think that not hitting your wife just because she's not run away yet gets you a nomination for Trailer Park Husband of The Year.

"My man left me with six kids because he was a drunken dick who my momma said I shouldna married anyhow but I worked hard waiting tables in the diner after he left and some of the kids died but we still love God and we got through it because we're American and it'll all be fine, etc"

In four four time on acoustic guitars with zithers thrown in and shit.....

It's pants.

So imagine my delight when I tuned into BBC4 in the hope that there'd be something worth watching on, only to discover that they're showing some concert from The Royal Albert Hall by some female country singer who probably nobody this side of the pond (apart from a small circle of internet weirdos with abandonment issues) has heard of.

When I was a kid, The Albert Hall was reserved for special events.

That famous Cream gig, Zeppelin and the last night of the Proms.

Proper music.

Am I wrong?

Don't hold back, give it to me straight.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good spot.

Seriously though, that shit sells like hot cakes over there.

What the fuck.....?

I mean, fair play, we've got that Honey G thing on X Factor but that monstrous abomination's obviously a novelty act which will disappear in a few weeks after Cowell's wrung it out.

There must be a factory churning out this pointless bollocks over there and which has been for years.

What's the appeal?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:Good spot.

Seriously though, that shit sells like hot cakes over there.

What the fuck.....?

I mean, fair play, we've got that Honey G thing on X Factor but that monstrous abomination's obviously a novelty act which will disappear in a few weeks after Cowell's wrung it out.

There must be a factory churning out this pointless bollocks over there and which has been for years.

What's the appeal?
It's music to slit your wrists too, but on the other hand it did give us Dolly Parton's tits.
At one time though Garth Brooks was the biggest selling artist in the world.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not so much the country music, but I do like the blue grass stuff, (not necessarily the vocal side). First noticed it when I saw Deliverance, and a few years later when I was driving across the States, and stopped at a water mill, where 4 people were playing it. Even better when its live.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Not so much the country music, but I do like the blue grass stuff, (not necessarily the vocal side). First noticed it when I saw Deliverance, and a few years later when I was driving across the States, and stopped at a water mill, where 4 people were playing it. Even better when its live.
Have you heard the band who cover heavy metal and other classics in that particular style?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks Bonce. Took a minute or so of getting used to, but I quite liked it. Also listened to some of the other ones. Made a nice change, must admit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum