Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When should you not say what you think?

+12
Soul Kitchen
Lard Lad
Copper Dragon
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
xmiles
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have it on good authority that the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester has been summoned to No 10 today to meet with the Prime Minister. Make of it what you will but the authorities knew all about Bennell a long time ago and questions will need to be answered.

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I got molested by a perv in a cinema in Salford when i was 14, he grabbed my crotch and squeezed my dick and held it tight, it was a shock but it has not affected me one little bit because i put a bic biro right through his cheek and guessing by the noise the fucker made it went through his tongue as well then i ran like shit and to this day if i am reminded of it i laugh and feel really good about it.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ffs people have grown up in different generations and have different mindsets to those 20 years younger! 
I happened to question at work why they didn't sing up much earlier, given this sort of stuff was going on in the 70's, little did I realise that my comments, if I'd brought them up on here, would have been described as shameful and disgusting? Well I suppose I would have to pay the price for being born when men were men and sheep were nervous! Smile

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never met Angry Dad but he has never struck me as one of lifes victims. In fact, he is the sort of character who epitomises the type of person who would exact revenge on any perpetrator who tried any sort of ' funny business' on his personage.. 

Eric Bristow is due to appear on ITV This Morning,  tomorrow to explain his comments to Piers Morgan. Worth viewing to hear what he has to say rather than taking his Twitter feed as the finished article.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Ffs people have grown up in different generations and have different mindsets to those 20 years younger! 
I happened to question at work why they didn't sing up much earlier, given this sort of stuff was going on in the 70's, little did I realise that my comments, if I'd brought them up on here, would have been described as shameful and disgusting? Well I suppose I would have to pay the price for being born when men were men and sheep were nervous! Smile

SK I agree with your last post apart from the last sentence. Bringing sheep into it could get you in hot water with the RSPCA. Mind how you go.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have to say i am still shocked and disappointed with some of the comments on here. I'm guessing SK, Sluffy and RT are of a different generation to me but that doesn't excuse your belittling of these men and questioning their manliness.

Life isn't like a John Wayne film i'm afraid, where you can go and extract your revenge on your abuser. These men will have felt nothing but shame, fear and embarrassment about what happened to them and probably have questioned themselves over the years why they didn't speak up at the time, that's why they didn't speak up earlier and probably because of the fear of not being believed either
Comments like Bristows and posters on here would hardly encourage others to come forward would they?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i have to say i am still shocked and disappointed with some of the comments on here. I'm guessing SK, Sluffy and RT are of a different generation to me but that doesn't excuse your belittling of these men and questioning their manliness.

Norpig, I think we may have got crossed wires at some point during this debate. At no point have I belittled any of the victims or questioned their manliness. As I see it, each and every one of those who were abused were victims of a manipulative sexual deviant and in no way can they be held culpable for anything that happened to them. At the time they were children and should have been treated as such.

Yes, Bristow's remarks came across as  flippant, crass and insensitive but the point he made about some victims exacting revenge in later life was what I was referring to. No two people are alike therefore it stands to reason that victims of abuse will react in different ways. Some will come to terms with what happened and will go on to lead perfectly normal lives. Others will become abusers themselves.  Some victims will even learn to  forgive their abuser whereas others will never forgive and will always harbour resentment and seek revenge in later life. 

If my own viewpoint on this delicate subject may have caused offence then I can only apologise but in no way was I blaming the victims or belittling them for what took place.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

What these guys went through as kids doesn't bear thinking about. I think it's wrong to lay the blame at their door for the abuse of other children further down the line. As has already been said, unless you've been in that position, it's difficult to judge how you would cope with that experience. If you are a child and you've got someone threatening to kill your family if you tell anyone then you can imagine it must be a real tug of war with your conscience. What if they were to follow through on their threat would probably be playing on your mind I would guess. 

I can see RT's point of view regarding retribution though. If, as adults, the victims saw fit to exact their revenge, I don't think anyone could blame them for that. As much as some people think it's wrong, I too am a firm believer in the eye for an eye policy. If you see fit to ruin people's lives in horrific ways then you can have no complaints when it comes back around. I wouldn't blame anyone for not being able to go down that road as such disgusting acts can affect people in different ways but equally, I would not begrudge anyone the opportunity to exact revenge on someone who has ruined their life and mental well-being, in some cases, forever.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:i have to say i am still shocked and disappointed with some of the comments on here. I'm guessing SK, Sluffy and RT are of a different generation to me but that doesn't excuse your belittling of these men and questioning their manliness.

I've said it in my response. Things I saw in life when I was a lad only came into full meaning when I was a fews years older. I'm not a PC man at all because that action stops me seeing and saying as I see. I'm a racist bigot on here apparently, yet I didn't vote Brexit, and put the future of 800,000 Poles in Britain, am I allowed to say Pole, in doubt. Although I'm not very keen on the spade man, oh dear there I go again, who was on the news having a bit of a moment. He might be a Brit though? As an adage if I'd done that the Police would have been at my home before me!!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I do agree with  Bristow about Rugby players though!!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can you still get Sugar Puffs?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can you still get Sugar Puffs?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
I've said it in my response. Things I saw in life when I was a lad only came into full meaning when I was a fews years older. I'm not a PC man at all because that action stops me seeing and saying as I see. I'm a racist bigot on here apparently, yet I didn't vote Brexit, and put the future of 800,000 Poles in Britain, am I allowed to say Pole, in doubt. Although I'm not very keen on the spade man, oh dear there I go again, who was on the news having a bit of a moment. He might be a Brit though? As an adage if I'd done that the Police would have been at my home before me!!

You should be hunting down the person who educated you, that post makes no sense whatsoever.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

You should be hunting down the person who educated you, that post makes no sense whatsoever.
Honey, sorry to see your early exit from X Factor, bet you're rather pissed off with the lack of attention now?
You say "to the N to the A to the T", I say "fcuk off"!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again, that makes no sense. Are you writing in old man bigot?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just smile and nod and move on quickly Nat

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Sugar Puffs had a name change. As did 'Omo' soap powder.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:just smile and nod and move on quickly Nat
How nice, at least somebody is showing you some attention Nat! You lucky boys. Smile

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I think Sugar Puffs had a name change. As did 'Omo' soap powder.
That's another one. You're perhaps right. There was puffa puffa rice and puff wheat also.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Again, that makes no sense. Are you writing in old man bigot?
I may well be!? That's for me to know and you to find out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum