Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 50]

621Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 12:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Kissing tips is 74’s job the big gay

Very Happy

Fair play, that made me choke on my Twirl.

622Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 13:35

Don’t drag me into your fantasies you pair, this is an online relationship - nothing more.

623Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 13:36

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:Don’t drag me into your fantasies you pair, this is an online relationship - nothing more.
Seriously had no idea you was 74 :rofl:

how slow.......

624Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 13:37

I'm a low profile type.

625Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 14:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Seriously had no idea you was 74

:facepalm:

626Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 14:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

627Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:26

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I know. I know.  But then i didnt know you and sluffy where the same either  affraid

628Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I know. I know.  But then i didnt know you and sluffy where the same either  affraid

Shuuush - that's supposed to be a secret!

629Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 16:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

630Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 16:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:I know. I know.  But then i didnt know you and sluffy where the same either  affraid

He bloody wishes. He'd kill for my arse.

631Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 08 2018, 17:05

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:I know. I know.  But then i didnt know you and sluffy where the same either  affraid

He bloody wishes. He'd kill to fill my arse.
affraid

632Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Jan 15 2018, 18:28

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We've gone 10 days without a message from Ken, have the words of wisdom come to an end? We got 5 essays to read in the 17 days before that.

633Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jan 16 2018, 13:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:We've gone 10 days without a message from Ken, have the words of wisdom come to an end? We got 5 essays to read in the 17 days before that.
I would imagine they are deep in negotiations trying to sort the squad out and hopefully bring in some talent, so I guess there's not much to say until it's sorted out.

Apart from buy more shirts, obviously.

634Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jan 16 2018, 13:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Be loud,be proud,and get spending in Bolton Central,you bastards.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

635Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jan 16 2018, 15:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Be loud,be proud,and get spending in Bolton Central,you bastards.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Laughing

636Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking ahead to the weekend’s encounter against Ipswich Town at Macron Stadium, it is a game which presents us with an opportunity to continue our good home form in the league.

Our recent victories on home soil against Cardiff City and Hull City were impressive and illustrated our battling spirit and never-say-die attitude, and we need to show more of the same when we line up against a well organised Ipswich side on Saturday.

In the Emirates FA Cup meanwhile, we pitted our wits against Premier League opposition in the guise of Huddersfield Town, and although both teams made several changes from their usual league squads, we acquitted ourselves very well against a team that has caused a few upsets in the top flight.

As a result of Cardiff’s progression in the competition however, our game against them which was due to be next weekend will now be played further down the line, details of which will be announced in due course.

Fortunately, several other Championship teams are still involved in the FA Cup and so they will also have to have games rescheduled.

I thought we deserved to get something out of the game against Brentford last weekend, which shows how far we have come since we played them at Macron Stadium earlier in the campaign and had we had better luck with some of the chances that fell to us early in the game, then the result may have been very different.

We were backed by a tremendous following of just over 1,000 Wanderers fans who made some fantastic noise throughout the entire game and it was a shame that the team weren’t able to reward you with a positive result.

We bade farewell to Adam Armstrong, Josh Cullen and Reece Burke early in the New Year who all returned to their parent clubs, and I would like to thank them for their contributions over the first half of the season.

Elsewhere however, it was pleasing to see Harry Charsley make his debut at Griffin Park just over a day after we signed him from Everton and I am very excited to see what he can bring to the team in the second part of the campaign.

As is usual for this time of the year, a great deal is being written and talked about as to what will or won’t happen in the transfer window, the majority of which is pure speculation and often very wide of the mark. I suppose that is why football is such an interesting and intriguing subject, as it’s all about opinions and rightly or wrongly everybody has them.

For my part, l have to say a lot of which is written or said on social media by so-called experts, or sources allegedly in the know, does make me laugh, as generally speaking it’s total nonsense, and without any foundation whatsoever.

The reality of what may or may not transpire is far more scientific and extensively researched prior to the window opening and discussed by numerous people in the club player recruitment departments before any negotiations and discussions with other clubs, players or their agents take place.

Even then, the final decisions are and always have been since l have been involved at the club, taken solely by the first team management personnel.

As we enter the run-in to what is generally known as the ‘business end of the season’, l along with my trusted colleagues and advisors have begun the process of reviewing our season to date and our realistic prospects for the rest of the campaign.

This has been made far more difficult than l hoped it would be due to our disappointing start to the season. Fortunately, our recent results have given us renewed hope and the opportunity to take the view that our destiny is now in our own hands and that is something no one was predicting back in the autumn, when everyone was writing us off.

I am fully aware that what you all really want to know is what is actually going to happen in this transfer window and who is leaving and who is coming in.

Unfortunately, like all the other clubs, those decisions don’t always rest solely with the club owners, as has been clearly seen recently with Southampton, Liverpool, Arsenal and a number of Sky Bet Championship clubs. Often other external factors actually determine what does or does not happen.

All l can tell you is that we are actively looking to bring more players in and l am not expecting to sell any of our players who are regularly mentioned in the media speculation and, as has been correctly reported, l have already declined several offers for our players in this window and will continue to do so to give us the best possible opportunity of retaining our Championship status.

That said, l do understand that everybody has a price and l always have to consider the club’s longer term financial situation, so if and when there is an exceptional offer, l would have to think about now and the future and no doubt, that is what happened when Britt Assombalonga was sold by Nottingham Forest to Middlesbrough and Alex Pritchard from Norwich to Huddersfield for example.

However, l am not anticipating that happening to us in the current window. Indeed, someone would have to make an unbelievable offer to even tempt us to part with any of our players and in my opinion, that is unlikely to happen in this window.

I have also previously stated that players who have not been involved in the matchday squads probably need to look elsewhere for football and that remains the case, as both the manager and l want to work with a squad of circa 24/25 players.

As is normal, a number of our younger players will also be given the opportunity to go out on loan to gain playing time and help in their future development.

Since l have been at the club, l have always tried my best to be open and transparent and will continue to do so wherever possible. I will therefore be holding another supporters’ Q&A before the televised game against Bristol City on Friday 2 February, where you will have the opportunity to discuss the transfer window transactions with me along with anything else.

There will also be another player signing session in Bolton Central prior to kick off on Saturday and it will be a great chance for you to meet some first team players and get their autographs.

We will have several promotions running across our merchandise range, so it will be the ideal opportunity for you to get some bargains and show your support for the team.

I’d also like to remind you about our half season ticket offer, which ends before kick-off at the weekend. You will be able to watch our final ten homes games of the season from just £170, which equates to £17 per match.

This is the most cost effective way of watching Wanderers at Macron Stadium and we need your support as always. To purchase a half season ticket and spread the cost over Direct Debit, please call 0844 871 2932, click online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or visit Bolton Central in person.

Also, please don’t forget about our season ticket holder offer for the Bristol City match. All BWFC season ticket holders will be able to purchase up to four additional tickets for just £10 each for this game.

Let’s try and get Macron Stadium full for this match to show the watching TV audience just what a night under the lights in Bolton can be like.

More information about this offer can be found by visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or heading into Bolton Central in person where our staff members will happily assist you.

Meanwhile, please continue to support Bolton Whites Hotel and the events they host as every bit of revenue helps support the club.

This week, they’ll be announcing details of some Valentine’s Day packages as well as the Bolton IPMS Model Show which is taking place in the Premier Suite on Sunday 28 January.

Finally, I was saddened to learn of the passing of Phyllis Leyland, a long standing supporter and a lady who was truly part of the fabric of the football club having given her time towards the Bolton Wanderers Development Association and Lotteries.

The sincere sympathies of all here at the club go to her sisters, Ann and Margaret and all her extended family and friends.

Kind regards,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

637Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jan 18 2018, 11:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton chairman Ken Anderson reveals financial plan at Macron Stadium

KEN Anderson says the standard of this season’s Championship caught him on the hop - but not for much longer.
The Wanderers chairman remains upbeat his club can defy the odds and beat relegation – a viewpoint shared by the bookmakers, who now rank Bolton fourth favourites behind Burton Albion, Birmingham City and Sunderland.
Anderson admits he has been learning on the job along with Phil Parkinson and his squad since promotion, believing the quality of opposition has improved considerably compared to the Whites’ last stay in 2015/16.

But with 19 games to go, the first of which will be at home to Ipswich Town on Saturday, he says the players are now looking competitive at this level once again.
“If I’m honest I think I underestimated how much the Championship had improved in the season Bolton had been away,” he told The Bolton News. “There were always two or three clubs who had quality, whether it was the ones who had come down from the Premier League or those who had spent a bit more money, but this season it’s virtually every opponent you come up against. There is a much more even spread across the teams.
“With the exception of Wolves every single club has had a dip of six-or-so games. Derby, Leeds, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough have all been through it and probably will again.
“It was a surprise to the rest of the division that we beat Cardiff City, who have been at the top of the division, even though our form had been quite similar in the build-up.
“But I think we have adapted and we know what we are up against now. Of course, I would prefer to be further up the table but considering how poorly we started, I think we have started to turn it around.
“In October and November no-one was giving us a shout. Now we have brought half a dozen, maybe up to eight clubs back into the mix.”
Knowing every club is seeking to emerge from the January window stronger for the final push, Anderson is looking to help Parkinson bring in new signings .

It is understood further business does not hinge on fringe players moving on but rebuffed bids for Gary Madine in the last two weeks show Wanderers do mean business in this window.

Off the field, Anderson says progress is also being made, with an agreement reached between the club and HMRC to tackle a historical debt, which it is claimed will be cleared in full next week.

And the chairman feels confident heading further into the New Year the club can handle its financial obligations.

A loan from BluMarble is not due to be repaid until September and Anderson says he has also spoken with new funders who are offering better terms.

The potential of outside investment or a sale has seemingly been placed on the backburner, despite continual interest from outside the country.

“I seem to get a different request every week ,” Anderson said. “It does not make sense to do anything until the end of the season because, being honest, we don’t know what division we will be playing in.
“Until people know where we are it is a little difficult to say ‘we’ll give you X or Y’ and l understand that has been the stumbling block at Newcastle United”
Anderson wants to continue his own restructuring job, which has thus far seen significant improvements on the commercial front and a much more streamlined set of finances than the ones he inherited.
“The big challenge between now and the end of the season is to continue to reduce the operating losses,” he said.

“Ideally, I would like to be starting next season close to breaking even for the first time in a very long time. Whether that happens, I don’t know, it may be a little ambitious.
“We have players who combined are costing us around £4m who will either not be here by the start of next season or on a reduced salary.
“It is a little like the situation with Jay Spearing last summer.”

638Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 19 2018, 14:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As we return to home soil against Ipswich Town on Saturday afternoon, the game also marks the last opportunity for fans to purchase a half season ticket for the remainder of the 2017/18 campaign.

By doing so, you can show your support for the team during the last ten games of the season for just £17 a game, with the option available to spread the cost with our Direct Debit scheme.

This is the most cost-effective way of watching Wanderers at Macron Stadium and we need your support as always.

For more information, please call 0844 871 2932, click online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or visit Bolton Central in person.

Saturday will also see a number of promotions on offer in our retail outlet including 20% off home and away shorts and socks, while our captain Darren Pratley will also be in attendance to meet you all and signed autographs from 2pm onwards.

Moving our focus back to football matters meanwhile, one of the strange quirks of being the chairman of a football club is that the phone never stops ringing during a transfer window.

Generally speaking, the calls mainly come from the media trying to get inside information about potential transfers.

The other calls are often from players’ agents offering you players who are “perfect for the club“, or even worse, are trying to persuade you to pay an existing player a compromise payment to leave, as he’s not happy at not being involved or getting a game .

Over the last week or so, l have had to tell several agents that l can fully understand that their clients are disappointed that they are not playing, but as the manager has made absolutely clear to the players, there is still an opportunity for them to be involved if they continue to train and work as they have up to now.

They just have to bide their time, as their chance will arrive, but at the same time, their player is welcome to look elsewhere for football, if that is what he really wants.

Under no circumstances however am l prepared to pay up their contract in full until the end of July,  only to subsequently see them sign for another club shortly after and then effectively get paid another salary again, albeit perhaps on a reduced salary to that what we are paying.

My logic is that if we are going to have to pay their salary until the end of July, we might as well have the benefit of them being available to play for us if called upon, even if it is only in the event of an injury or suspension crisis.

Unfortunately, this practice has become a regular occurrence in football over recent years, but as far as l am concerned, we will do our best not to be paying up our senior players’ salaries, whilst they then go and sign a new contract elsewhere, even if that means they are not involved with our squad on matchdays and sit in the stands.

Hopefully these players will realise that their playing career is a short one and see the light of day and work even harder to be involved or move on, so that they actually get to play football, albeit elsewhere.

That said, l must make it absolutely clear that generally speaking, the players who have not been involved recently have reacted perfectly and in a very professional manner and have not let their disappointment affect their efforts and performance in training and their spirits have remained high and focused along with the rest of the playing squad.

We have also had a number of calls from other club managers enquiring after the loan availability of several of our players and this is my preferred option of reducing our squad numbers, as at least we get a contribution to our costs.

Obviously, this is not the same with our young players, as we can see the advantages of them getting game time elsewhere on loan to help their future development and that’s why we welcome and encourage them to go out on loan and gain playing experience.

The recruitment team continue to research potential signings before the window closes and a number of discussions have and continue to take place with various clubs, agents and players and we are hopeful of bringing in several players to strengthen and refresh the squad.

Finally, I would like to remind you all about our season ticket holder offer for the Bristol City match where all BWFC season ticket holders will be able to purchase up to four additional tickets for just £10 each for this game.

More information about this offer can be found by visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or heading into Bolton Central in person where our staff members will happily assist you.

As usual however, let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team.

Kind regards,

Ken

639Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 19 2018, 14:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like a few players' agnets have asked for payment until the end of their contracts for them to leave the club. He does right by not paying it as there is no benefit to us at all.

640Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 19 2018, 14:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can guarantee he was doing the same when he was an agent so he'll know all the tricks at least. If players are that desperate to leave then they should agree to having their contract terminated and they can walk away as a free agent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum