Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A good sign when you get an unlikely point

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On a crisp winter’s morning, we drove straight into the blinding sun for the two hours to the Ricoh Arena.

We found a cracking pub, the Greyhound at Longford, for a superb lunch of Tandoori charcoal grilled chicken and rice.

The Coventry fans we talked to were not very happy with their owners. Their ground is now owned by the Wasps rugby union team and they are in the process of selling other assets, such as their training ground.

After our pre-match refreshment it was time for a brisk walk along the Coventry canal tow path to the stadium.

Many Bolton fans were delayed after an accident closed two lanes on the M6.

Phil Parkinson tried to freshen things up a bit by bringing in Liam Trotter and James Henry with Derik Osede replacing the injured Laurie Wilson.

In the first half we failed miserably with a very poor and lethargic performance.

Once again a team outran and out-worked us and fully deserved their half-time lead.

Something had to change and Phil Parkinson realised it was not working.

He brought Zach Clough and Max Clayton on for Trotter and Henry, and the changes gave us the spark to fight back.

Gary Madine started the improvement by winning a penalty for Clough to put away.

Our usually solid defence then gave away a second, admittedly good, goal to dent our fightback.

After that we threw caution to the wind and were rewarded with another late goal from Clayton to salvage an unlikely point.

With seven points from three games over the festive period, I mustn’t grumble.

Performances are always important but it is points that really matter from here on in.

We are showing the fighting spirit to get points when we are not playing well.

That augurs well for our chances of getting out of this league.

Our squad is going to be tested to its limits.

We are going to need our substitutes like never before.

We need players who can come on and change a game.

We need everyone to play their part and our squad players disappointed today and that worries me.

Now we can relax a bit and enjoy the FA Cup. I look forward to the return of Big Sam and I’m sure that the Bolton fans will give him the reception he deserves.

It will also be nice to welcome Chung Yong Lee back to the Macron.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum