Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bradford 2-2 Bolton - Match Report Post 47

+19
Jack Russell
wessy
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Bread2.0
Sluffy
Fabians Right Peg
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
karlypants
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The game most certainly changed after Trotter and Moxey were hauled off. I can't understand why Henry isn't playing every week. He is committed, works hard and can cross a ball. His workrate is good enough to secure him a regular start imo. The new guy Morais has pace as well and is not afraid to take defenders on. Such a pity Long was injured because we desperately lack pace and he looks quite nippy. I'm sure we would have all taken a draw at half time. Much better second half but we were lucky when the Bradford No 7 hit the post. He was a bloody handful all afternoon.
My only gripe? I object to paying £25 at a stadium where the toilet facilities in the away end were an absolute disgrace. Having to queue up and then have to wade through a trail of piss to reach the urinals is a joke for a so called modern stadium. Disgusting!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They say attack is the best form of defence and sure enough when Parky showed some attacking intent we stopped getting battered.
Goodness knows how many points we've dropped this season due to Parky being overcautious. Maybe we'd have dropped more if we'd played an attacking system all season, but somehow I just don't think so. It is a risk to expose our defence so much but this is League 1 not the Premiership so we shouldn't get punished too much for being adventurous..

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I can't understand why Henry isn't playing every week. He is committed, works hard and can cross a ball.

He's rubbish. Better than Trotter, but so is Norpig.

Henry has had several chances and done bugger all. And I'm sorry, but one good cross does not make him a good crosser of the ball. Madine may be shit, but he's shown that if you cross the ball into dangerous areas for him to attack with his head he will put the ball in the net.

How many good crosses has Madine had this season? Four, maybe five.

If we had a winger who could cross we'd be top of the league.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Nat  Very Happy

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Madine got on the end of four or five decent crosses yesterday and only one ended up in the back of the net.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:Madine got on the end of four or five decent crosses yesterday and only one ended up in the back of the net.

Get real, the other crosses were nothing more than half chances.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Madine rarely goes full bloodied for many crosses, been doing it more the last few games and has had the benefits. Sometimes the striker needs to make the cross a good one.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I can't understand why Henry isn't playing every week. He is committed, works hard and can cross a ball.

He's rubbish. Better than Trotter, but so is Norpig.

Henry has had several chances and done bugger all. And I'm sorry, but one good cross does not make him a good crosser of the ball. Madine may be shit, but he's shown that if you cross the ball into dangerous areas on a plate for him to attack with his head he will put the ball in the net.

How many good crosses has Madine had this season? Four, maybe five.

If we had a winger who could cross we'd be top of the league.

You must have meant this then.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Interesting points.
Henry is decent in my opinion, he terrorised Crystal Palace at the Macron.
I always want it to come good for Madine but he loses the ball at his feet quite often.

I listened to the commentary on Tower FM in the first half and couldn't believe the amount of scapegoating. Apparently Madine and Le Fondre missed sitters but the highlights showed that they were not even half chances really, the kind of chances that Aguero misses 3 or 4 of per game. Oh and according to them the ref was shocking YET AGAIN. I sure that while the refs might not be perfect we need to stop pointing the finger and being irrational.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the first half Bradford got every decision. The Bolton players were being fouled left,right and centre and the ref was allowing it, as soon as a Bolton player made a foul the ref blew. Atmosphere was great!

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Seems like the referee assessors in this league are just out for a piss up, there's so much wrong with refs in this league, how can they be passed off as acceptable?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Tower FM commentator spends every match berating the ref no matter who it is so I've come to the conclusion that when I'm forced to listen to TFM I should ignore everything the tosser says.

In my experience, if you do enough good things, control play and create enough opportunities even the most negative ref gives decisions in your favour eventually so I can only conclude that we just aren't good enough to "make our own decisions" just as we aren't good enough to "make our own luck".

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone want to watch the full match - apparantly can download and watch the entire match here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Anyone want to watch the full match - apparantly can download and watch the entire match here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I don't think any wanderers fan in their right mind would want to watch the first hour of that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum