You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Sheffield Utd 2-0 Bolton - Match Report Post 49

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Bolton - Match Report Post 49

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't fancy this. There's more chance of xmiles joining the Tory party than a Bolton victory.

Sheffield Utd 3-1 Bolton.

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
i tend to agree Nat, think we may lose 2-1 but could be more if Trotter and Moxey start

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Everybody expects Sheff U to stuff us, but if Parky has the brains and the balls to get after them from the off instead of doing a Bradford we might have a chance.
Being the underdog can only help because this squad appear to believe their own hype at times so this may encourage them to work harder.
I say gamble on a back 3 and pack the midfield with pace to give them something to worry about and maybe, just maybe we'll break them down. 
We have nothing to lose by going for it.

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We've already beaten them twice this season. They'll be quaking in their boots! Laughing

They had 18 shots last Saturday and scored one. Did we secretly transfer Madine to them in the Window?

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'm not confident. I think we'll get tommed.

Fabians Right Peg

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Think we'll do them, mainly because I can't get a ticket and we always win away when I'm not there. Mad

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
With Trotter and Moxey no chance, leave them two in Bolton, and we have a chance.

NickFazer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
We need to get stuck in to them from the off and be positive, if we do then a win is possible, two evenly matched sides IMO.

King Bill

David Lee
David Lee
wanderlust wrote:Everybody expects Sheff U to stuff us, but if Parky has the brains and the balls to get after them from the off instead of doing a Bradford we might have a chance.
Being the underdog can only help because this squad appear to believe their own hype at times so this may encourage them to work harder.
I say gamble on a back 3 and pack the midfield with pace to give them something to worry about and maybe, just maybe we'll break them down. 
We have nothing to lose by going for it.

Jack Russell

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
2-2 draw.

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We have beaten these mugs twice already so we have that psychological advantage over them, I reckon it will be a tight 1-0 away win

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
I've no confidence whatsoever in winning this. I agree with Lusty but it will be a containment job as usual and Sheff Utd will know that if they get after us and put pressure on from the off then we'll more than likely buckle. I think it'll be a case of riding out an early storm and being decisive on the counter. If we can do that then maybe, just maybe, we'll have a chance.

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sheffield despite having the joint best home record (with us) are vulnerable they have failed to win 3 of there last 6 home games, lost to Fleetwood & drew with Scunthorpe.  They struggled against a 9 man Bury so they are no shoe in.

If this was a  BWFC  with two fit full backs, Spearing in midfield and our pre Christmas strike force i would fancy us to get something. BUT that is not the case new recruits still bedding in up front no Spearing, and a change of system at the back give Sheffield the edge.

Selection is key if Trotter plays we are down to ten men from the off, i think i would also go back to Howard in goal, pack midfield with some pace and go with one up front. We need to start well and not give them a start (Bradford) if we are level late on they may well panic. all in all i will be happy to come out of this level with the other top clubs.

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Press Conference:

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
i see their Manager is trying to make a thing out of a pissed up Madine (what a surprise) calling Billy Sharp on a video clip doing the rounds on social media.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If Madine was half the player Billy Sharp is we'd be 10 points clear at the top.

If Madine was half the man Billy Sharp is he wouldn't be so disliked by Bolton fans.

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:If Madine was half the player Billy Sharp is we'd be 10 points clear at the top.

If Madine was half the man Billy Sharp is he wouldn't be so disliked by Bolton fans.

Billy Sharp was caught on video doing the same kinda thing, they're both cunts

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very negative from Wheater etc unless they are trying to play some sort of mind game but it seems to me that they are talking as if Sheff U have won already.

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sheff Utd always bottle it, I don't think they'll go up in the autos

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I hope your right Boggers. As a club, we have no plans past this season, and if we don't make it, we could well and truly be in the shit.

Hip Priest

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We can't afford to have Trotter on the field tomorrow. It's like playing with 10 men. You'd think by now Parky would have sussed that Trotter is just not up to it but I'm willing to bet that he will start the game with the same 11 that started at Bradford. If he does we will be down by at least 3 goals by Half Time. Sheffield Utd 3 Bolton 1.

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Oh God! You have me so down guys. F*** me what a nailbiter this could be - one that could go either way.
FFs get it right today Parky.

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Come on you fucking white men.. got a really good feeling with this one, this game will decide who will go up as champions.. we will put on our best away performance of the season, win 1-3 and go on to win the league.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:Come on you fucking white men.. got a really good feeling with this one, this game will decide who will go up as champions.. we will put on our best away performance of the season, win 1-3 and go on to win the league.

You had a good feeling last week as well.

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Come on you fucking white men.. got a really good feeling with this one, this game will decide who will go up as champions.. we will put on our best away performance of the season, win 1-3 and go on to win the league.

You had a good feeling last week as well.

Turned out to be indigestion

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:Turned out to be indigestion

Fair enough. I trust your feeling will be more reliable this week.

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
wanderlust wrote:Very negative from Wheater etc unless they are trying to play some sort of mind game but it seems to me that they are talking as if Sheff U have won already.
I've only just read What Wheater said. Stupid way to be thinking considering we have two games in hand on them. Beat them today and win those two games in hand and we go above them. Unlikely I know but it just goes to show that even the players don't seem to think they have what it takes.

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Five talking points ahead of Sheffield United v Bolton Wanderers

1. Top of the table clash

With Sheffield United topping the table and Wanderers in third - with two games in hand on the Blades - Saturday's clash could go a long way in the say for automatic promotion come the season's conclusion.

Having drawn 1-1 with second-place Scunthorpe United last weekend on their home soil, the Steel City outfit will welcome the Whites to Bramall Lane looking to extend their lead at the summit.

With Wanderers keen to cut the gap however and make their own mark, this weekend's encounter will no doubt be a feisty one.

2. Away travelling

Wanderers will be backed by over 2,000 supporters at Bramall Lane this weekend, following on from 2,500 who made the trip to Bradford City last Saturday afternoon.

Bolton's travelling support has been impressive all season long, with them up there amongst the league's highest average attendances on their travels.

The club's faithful meanwhile have also seen the Trotters win six times on the road this term.

3. Unbeaten run

Phil Parkinson's side head into this weekend's top-of-the-table clash on a four-game unbeaten run in Sky Bet League One.

Winning two against Walsall and Rochdale and drawing the others against MK Dons and Bradford, the Whites will be aiming to extend that sequence when they take on the Blades on Saturday afternoon.

4. Ex-Wednesday boys

There are a number of ex-Sheffield Wednesday faces in Bolton's ranks in the shape of striker Gary Madine and defender Mark Beevers.

Given the Blades' fierce rivalry with their cross-city counterparts, these two will no doubt be on the receiving end of a testing atmosphere at Bramall Lane.

5. A Blades hat-trick?

Wanderers and United have already met twice this season, both at Macron Stadium, in the league and Emirates FA Cup.

On the first occasion, on the opening day of the season, Bolton ran out 1-0 winners courtesy of a Jay Spearing effort, while in the cup, the Trotters were victorious by three goals to two back in December.

And given their efforts so far this term against Chris Wilder's men, the Whites will be keen to make it a hat-trick versus the Blades come full-time on Saturday afternoon.

Source

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Mike Dean to take charge of Sheffield United trip

Mike Dean will take charge of Bolton Wanderers’ trip to Sheffield United on Saturday.

The Wirral-based official has been involved in the professional game since 1997 and last took charge of a Bolton game when the Whites travelled to Blackburn Rovers in April 2011.

His last Sheffield United game meanwhile was a 1-0 win for the Blades against Doncaster during the Sky Bet League One fixture on February 13th 2016.

In the 23 matches, he has overseen so far this season, Mr Dean has handed out 95 yellow cards and five red cards.

Harry Lennard and Michael McDonough will run the line, while Sebastian Stockbridge is the fourth official.

Source

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum