Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton

+21
Chairmanda
bryan458
Jack Russell
karlypants
observer
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wessy
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
finlaymcdanger
Bread2.0
DEANO82
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
Sluffy
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 am

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

I think this could be our first away win this year 1-3.

32Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:13 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

33Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:02 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Press Conference:

Blah,blah blah

34Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I honestly haven't wasted any time watching any of these for years because they're pointless.

It must be like paying your lecky bill or cleaning mud off your wellies for managers - Needs doing but you don't enjoy it or get anything out of it.

I miss Gordon Strachan.

At least he used to make it interesting and could be relied upon not to stick to the same, tired old script they all use.

35Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wish we had Gordon for the rest of the season, he would kick some life into the idle gits!!!

36Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:08 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Fleetwood Town v Bolton Wanderers

1. Promotion six-pointer

Wanderers make the short journey to Fleetwood this weekend with the Cod Army currently occupying the final automatic promotion spot in Sky Bet League One.

Currently sitting four points adrift of this weekend’s opponents, the Whites do boast a game in hand on their counterparts from Highbury.

With the race for promotion hotting up however and with the finish line in sight, Saturday’s game could well prove to be a crucial one come the final standings.

2. David Wheater

Having re-signed for the club back in the summer, the defender has enjoyed a successful season in the heart of the defence. 

Captaining the side on a number of occasions, Wheater has scored five league goals. His tally leaves him as the second highest scoring defender from the 92 English clubs, with only West Brom’s Gareth McAuley bettering his record.

After picking up the Bolton Wanderers February Player of the Month award, as voted by the fans – you can expect the 30-year-old to produce another solid display, perhaps capped off with a goal?

3. Gary Madine

Bolton’s No.14 is certainly enjoying an Indian summer in front of goal a present having notched three times in his last four outings.

The big striker has found the back of the net against Walsall, Bradford City and AFC Wimbledon in recent weeks to take his tally for the season to nine.

And having already surpassed his entire tally for last season, the 26-year-old will be eager to finish the campaign on a high and scoop the Golden Boot come April.

4. First League game at Highbury

This season has seen Bolton face a number of new teams and visit a variety of new grounds. This weekend, followers of Phil Parkinson’s side will be able to tick off a new ground from their list.

Despite meeting for the first time competitively earlier in the season, the two sides have faced each other a number of times prior to the meeting in a handful of friendlies.

John McGovern oversaw a 6-1 win over a part-time Fleetwood outfit in his first game in charge of Wanderers in 1982. The two sides met once again in 1986 and 1996 before their most recent friendly in July 2010. 

Over six years ago Wanderers travelled to then conference side Fleetwood for a pre-season fixture at Highbury, however, for many travelling fans this will be the first time they see the famous Whites take to the Highbury field.

5. Gaffer's record against Fleetwood

Phil Parkinson certainly has a enjoyed good record against the Cod Army, as the manager is currently unbeaten in his managerial career against Fleetwood Town. Having faced the Lancashire side seven times, the gaffer has won four times and drawn three.

His sides haven’t been goal shy in them fixtures either, scoring 12 times over the course of the seven games, including two goals in five separate games. One of those occasions came earlier in the season when Bolton overcame Fleetwood 2-1 thanks to goals from Gary Madine and Josh Vela.

The same result this weekend certainly wouldn’t go amiss either!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

37Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm going to smithills farm and then the red lion in hawkshaw tomorrow. Normally id plan everything so i can be back to listen to the game or at least listen on the radio in the car, but i dont think ill be missing much tomorrow.

38Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Smithills Open Farm & BWFC.

There's a gag in there somewhere about donkeys.

Where's Bryan when you need him.....?

39Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Madine + donkeys + barndoor = obvious gag.

40Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:21 am

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The lads left last night and will have a light training session on Blackpool beach, Liam has been a bit lonely recently as some of his best mates have been farmed out to pastures new, (Chris and Procky), anyway I thing Parkie has bought some new shiney bells for them so Fleetwood had better watch out.

41Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:25 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're training with the barn door. Parky knows his stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

42Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:31 am

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

on a side note Gaz is getting a bit pissed of with people saying that he just has the ball hoofed up to him so spare a thought he Is the mane man and not an Ass>

43Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:34 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we can't afford a barn door, they pinched a cow and bought a second hand banjo instead

44Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:01 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

45Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anyone noticed that Jem Karacan is named in the squad?

I guess that must mean we signed him on a month's emergency loan?

46Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought he'd signed for the rest of the season?

47Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:41 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal or via the following link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

48Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:i thought he'd signed for the rest of the season?

He had but I thought it was subject to registration by EFL approval - which seemed to say additional squad places had now been rejected?

Also wasn't Pratley de-registered and not in the 23 man squad also - yet he's playing today too?

Perhaps I am getting myself a little bit confused over this?

49Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Press statement from the club -

BOLTON WANDERERS are delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Jem Karacan on a month-long deal.

The 28-year-old was last on the books of Galatasaray in Turkey – a country which he has represented at various levels courtesy of his father’s heritage.

Born in Catford in London, Karacan started out on the books of Wimbledon in the nineties before joining Reading as a teenager where he turned professional in 2007.

Remaining at the Madejski Stadium for eight years, making nearly 180 appearances in all competitions for the club, he also scored 14 goals whilst figuring in the Premier League and Championship.

During his time with the Berkshire outfit, he spent time on loan with both AFC Bournemouth and Millwall, playing League One football with both sides.

After departing the Royals in 2015, he moved to Galatasaray while he also enjoyed a temporary stint with Bursaspor last year.

But after being released by the former in January, Karacan has now linked up with the Whites on a short-term deal.

I'm also guessing Spearing as been de-registered from the squad and Pratley re-registered to take his place.

It all makes sense to me now.

50Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wooooo hooooooo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum