Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Wimbledon - Match Report Post 17

+8
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
Bread2.0
karlypants
boltonbonce
rammywhite
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Parkinson said in his post match interview that we played much better as a team with a lot more fluidity. I wonder whether he was actually at the match.
It was almost as bad as Bristol Rovers. Why is it that other teams seem faster and fitter than we do.
And often more skilful as well.
 It was pants.
How the hell can anyone expect promotion when we can't beat outfits like this?
The reality is that since Christmas we've played like an utterly average League 1 team.
Ameobi is sorely missed.
Has Parky been found out?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute fooking shite.

I hadn't been able to bring myself to comment on the Bristol Rovers game, as bad as anything from last season. Today was more of the same.

The manager and players deserve one another - both are clueless.

I'd sack Parky right now regardless of the cost, because under this muppet we will be lucky to finish in the top half.

I'm glad most of our remaining games are away, I don't want to watch anymore of that shite.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Wimbledon made us look like an old mans team for most of the game, the constant hoofing from Alnwick rarely hit the target enabling the Dons to break time and time again, their passing was far superior, I'm sick of us losing the ball cheaply in midfield, we squandered good chances today, I would take a play off place right now considering our away form.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not much of a stretch of the imagination for a loss away at Fleetwood. That combined with a Bradford win will put us 6th this time next week I'm afraid to say.
Millwall don't play otherwise we could be 7th with aplomb.

There is little quality in the side and Phil is baffled at this point. Changing him now wouldn't make much difference at this stage. The lingering financial and embargo has caught up with us IMO.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

See the goals here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

game was a carbon copy of the Bristol match, go one up then struggle to dominate. Problem is clearly midfield, two holding midfielders and yet Thorpe constantly lost his man and did so allowing them to cross for their goal.

Looked better when Henry came on and Morais had a free role, as Bonce said he should have finished at the end and he was unlucky with his free kick.

I heard Pratley may be back soon, could play a big part yet this season as could the new guy we signed Friday.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

another rubbish performance although slightly better than against Bristol. Is there a new rule saying we have to play with only 10 men? Usually its Trotter that is a passenger but yesterday Thorpe filled that role to perfection.

I said it on another thread but why do we need to play with 2 holding midfielders at home? We should have started with Henry in midfield with Vela and Derik holding but Parky just isn't adventurous enough is he?

He did bring Henry on then stuck him at wing back! We ahould have brought him on and gone 442 with 2 wide men and gone for it but i've given up on Parky, he is as negative as the likes of Freedman and Megson

The only plus from yesterday was Morais, yes he missed a good chance bit otherwise he was excellent, get him signed up for next season in league as we are going nowhere. Can't even see us staying in the playoffs to be honest

2 points from the last 2 home games is nowhere near god enough

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's another manager that is scared to lose. Just like Lennon and Freedman before him. You don't get promoted being cautious when it's 1-1 at home.

We're going nowhere under Parky. I'd sack him and put Manning in charge.

we might as well of played a 5 0 5 formation as after the initial 15 minutes of pressure leading up to a well taken goal, everything from there on out was just hoof ball yet again.

We started well playing it down the right and getting some balls into the box, but it just all went to shit.

nothing positive to take away from it at all and if we do somehow manage to even scrape the play offs, and miraculously go up, the championship is going to be another season of disappointment with same limitations we have now

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum