Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Parkin: Stick to the facts on Gary Madine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Parkin has asked fans to ignore the conspiracy theories as Gary Madine makes his return to first team action today.

The striker was pulled out of the squad shortly before the away defeat at Sheffield United, with the club citing he was too ill to feature at Bramall Lane.

A video showing the striker abusing Blades favourite Billy Sharp had done the rounds on social media in the build-up to the game, prompting a furious reaction from the League One leaders’ fans.

Various reports surfaced in the days after the 2-0 defeat with speculation rife over the ‘real reason’ for Madine’s absence.

But assistant boss Parkin insists the facts were less glamorous than the fiction.

“He saw the doc, has trained, and says he feels a lot better than he did, so he should be okay,” he said. “The conspiracy theories were inevitable because of what went off in the build up to the Sheffield United game. I have had a good relationship with Gary since I have been here and he didn’t look great, it has to be said.

“People can believe what they want but at the end of the day he’s a key player for us and we’ll leave it at that.”

Parkin has been impressed by today’s opponents AFC Wimbledon, who shocked second-placed Scunthorpe United

“It was an upset when they beat Scunny but I watched their performance and they thoroughly deserved to do so,” he said. “I’m sure they will be looking forward to playing at our beautiful stadium.

“They have a good manager, they have a system which works, and they have got strong, physical front players who can mix it up.

“It was a tough game at their place on a really hot day but our lads stood up to the physicality on that day and they have to do that again.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum