Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oxford Utd 2-4 BWFC (Link to goals Post 54)

+18
Bwfc1958
wessy
Keegan
Gothic_Wanderer
Cajunboy
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
Bread2.0
Norpig
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Long needs to be coached out of his 'greedy' approach and taught lift his head up and be more aware of better options to score, as soon as possible if he wants to improve his game and become more of a worry to the opposition coaches.

Or alternatively the guy needs to be greedy, he's a striker and if he can get a shot away on target and force the keeper into making a save then that's his role, some of the best strikers in the world are the greediest who would knock a ball across the line from an inch out if they get their name on the score sheet.

If he didn't have the ability to hit the target then yes he should be passing the ball, but from what I have seen he looks to be making the keeper work every time, if he doesn't get goals then undoubtedly some of his efforts will be knocked in by players following up with the keeper out of action.

Players get rounded on for passing the ball too much, yes he needs to balance out his play but I'd rather he was encouraged to have a go at goal than the coaching staff start putting doubts into a confident young player.

I said on another thread we have had less chances on goal than Coventry earlier this year, I bet over the last few games that stat has changed, I wonder if it was ALF having a shot on target if the same fuss would be made?

ALF doesn't shoot from impossible angles and does pass the ball to players in better positions to score.
I'd refer you to the opening goal against Fleetwood.

Over hit cross.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a pisspoor performance, but for once we got very lucky. Clearly a penalty to Oxford at 3-2.

The midfield was awful all night, Pratley and Spearing got the runaround, did either of them hold onto the ball for more than 2 seconds?

Thought Madine did well for little reward, Shane Long** is turning into a League 1 Theo Walcott - bags of pace but absolutely no ability.

But we won, so who cares.

** I know he isn't called Shane but I can't remember his name.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:It was a pisspoor performance, but for once we got very lucky. Clearly a penalty to Oxford at 3-2.

The midfield was awful all night, Pratley and Spearing got the runaround, did either of them hold onto the ball for more than 2 seconds?

Thought Madine did well for little reward, Shane Long** is turning into a League 1 Theo Walcott - bags of pace but absolutely no ability.

But we won, so who cares.

** I know he isn't called Shane but I can't remember his name.

We got lucky? We were superb, head and shoulders above anything in this league along with Sheff Utd..

Chris Long btw

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
We got lucky? We were superb, head and shoulders above anything in this league along with Sheff Utd..

Chris Long btw

Chris? Are you sure? Wish it was Shane.

Suberb? Ha ha. Good one Boggers.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I could only watch the second half.  From what I saw Long is the most direct player we had in years. Keep it up lad.......his shots were strong and tested the goalie.....and few more of those and you will pick up the balls that the keeper can't hold onto.  Of course a tad greedy but par for the course.
More worrying is the fact that we couldn't string two passes together or put the foot on the ball when they were all over us in the second half. Phil, a little less hoof if you please.
Three points is all that matters of course......COYWM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum